Post Game Thoughts

ljc_267

Mister NSFW
Well what can you say? I think the offensive game plan of the Bears doomed them to failure. The D played well considering the circumstances, but they were on the field way too long to be effective.

Congrats to those who played the Colts. They were the best team today and Dungy outcoached Lovie.

Well what can you say? I think the offensive game plan of the Bears doomed them to failure. The D played well considering the circumstances, but they were on the field way too long to be effective.

Congrats to those who played the Colts. They were the best team today and Dungy outcoached Lovie.

I agree with everything you said except the statement about the Bears D. Their game plan was also doomed for failure and it just goes to show that Lovie and the O co-ordinators didn't watch the Pats against the Colts. The Colts are so used to defenses that are trying to prevent the big play and Peyton got his confidence by making short passes on a consistent basis. I don't care how good your D is, you are going to be out there a long time against Manning if you do so. I would not be surprised nor would I blame Brian Urlacher for stating that they were outcoached in this one. He was obviously frustrated with the play calling and wanted to take a more aggressive approach.

I also think this is the end of the road for Rex - the media is going to have a field day with him tomorrow, especially after he called them "ignorant".

Last edited:
Good point. I think the defensive scheme was not the best. I thought playing the soft cover 2 was a bad idea, cause they were not able to produce pressure. Yet, I think they played as well as they could given the circumstances.

I was very disappointed in the Bears today. They played beneath their capabilities.

i didnt think rex was all that bad considering the weather and all.. He threw 2 poor passes .. it was his first superbowl..

i didnt think rex was all that bad considering the weather and all.. He threw 2 poor passes .. it was his first superbowl..

It was also Trent Dilfer's first superbowl and he won, it was also Peyton Manning's first superbowl and he won. His release was just a joke, those two he threw up his trajectory was terrible right of the release. No excuses, you are a professional, therefore you got to know how to play in different circumstances. Big Ben won a Super Bowl on his first try as a rookie. So really to say Grossman didn't play all that bad...don't know what u were watching.. Maybe you were watching Grossman throw warmup passes

His 2 interceptions were bad no doubt.. THey were driving to take the lead or get it close and he threw a perfect pass and clark caught it then dropped it.

20 for 28 with 1 td and 2 int isnt god awful.. was he great.. no.. was he miserable no

His 2 interceptions were bad no doubt.. THey were driving to take the lead or get it close and he threw a perfect pass and clark caught it then dropped it.

20 for 28 with 1 td and 2 int isnt god awful.. was he great.. no.. was he miserable no

don't forget the 2 fumbles

he had 2 bobbled snaps one fumble.. but he definately wasnt the only one fumbling it

Should have played the game at the Rose Bowl instead - 80F and not a clould in the sky today. I feel bad for the people that paid $2000 for a ticket to sit through that crappy game and get soaked.

he had 2 bobbled snaps one fumble.. but he definately wasnt the only one fumbling it

there were 4 fumbles and 3 were lost, he was responsible for two of those fumbles. Combine that with the fact that he threw 2 interceptions and you have your QB turning the ball over 3 times in critical moments in the game. When all you are asked to do as a QB is not turn the ball over and you do it 3 times, it doesn't qualify as a "not bad" performance. Still, I thought both sides of the ball played craptastic tonight and I was even disapointed in the punting the Bears received from Maynard. The Colts let the Bears hang around in the 2H and a better QB could have won that game for them. No, I don't think it would not have made sense to put Griese in, the guy only played garbage minutes in one game during the season. It would not have been fair to Griese to do so - Lovie made his bed and he had to lie in it.

Affinity you are right, the Bears did nothing well tonight. I think Grossman played like shit , but he was in a no win situation. When the coaches tell you don't lose the game for us you prepare with that in mind. Then when they're losing and they tell you to win it it is tough to switch gears from passive to aggressive.

Right when Hester returned that i thought

Ohio st vs Gators (Ginn jr)

some friends and other Bears backers were clowning getting all loud and i just kept saying Ohio st vs Flordia

my thoughts after the game were actually looking towards next year...

go down the list of teams in each conference. the AFC is fucking LOADED, and should be even more dominant over teh NFC all season long.

Back