Memphis (-4) 3 units
Brasky (-8) 2 units
Hawaii (-27.5) 2 units
Tennessee (-10.5) 1 unit
Temple (-3.5) 1 unit
Rutgers (-15.5) 1.5 units
Oregon ML +300 1 unit

ML Parlay: 1 unit to win 4
Rutgers, WVU, Neb, Oklahoma,Cal, Mizzou, Tex AM, Penn St, Tenn, Wazzou, Hawaii, Wisky, FLA, Okie St, Maryland

5 point Teaser: 4 units to win 4.5
Buffalo/ Temple U 52.5
Tennessee (-5.5)<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

West Virginia (-23.5) 3 Units

Is there really any reason why West Virginia won't score 45-50? Heck even Miami ran a marathon on them.

Mizzou (-6) 7 Units - got carried away...

Ole Miss, is just a bad football team. They caught (literally) some big breaks in the Redzone against Hankins, and somehow got up 23-0 and hung on for the 2 point victory. Granted, Memphis' D couldn't stop them either, but If Martin Hankins can hang 42-60 on the Rebs, how good to you think Daniel is feelin right now? Mizzou wins this one by DD easy. Surely I'm not the only one who loves this line, but I would really like to hear an Ole Miss argument... maybe I am missing something.

Memphis (-4) 3 Units

Speak of the devil. I like the way that Memphis moved up and down the field at their own leisure Saturday, what can I say. Arky St did impress me keeping hookem to a respectable number, but I do not see an encore on the horizon. Memphis should have beaten Ole Miss IMO, but had some tough luck in the redzone.

Nebraska (-8) 2 Units

The Huskers looked very well rounded in their opener. Sam Keller could have posted better numbers, but why should they throw when Lucky is running circles around the Wolfpack? Speaking of the running game, Wake did have an impressive 1 total yard rushing against a Toal-less BC defense. Skinner out + no running game + no passing defense = Brasky 20+

Hawaii (-27.5) 2 Units

La Tech got out gained by 120 yards vs. Central Arkansas. They only managed scoring drives of 19, 37, 47, and 29 yards. Are you kidding me? and Hawaii is only laying 27.5 to these clowns? Maybe their D has something I am missing, but I am seeing 42-10 at worst here. I will wait and see what Hawaiiguy has to say about it before I add to it, but as for now 2 Units is a good play for me. Lets not forget that LaTech managed only 28 points on 6 turnovers forced. Thoughts?

Tennessee (-10.5) 1 unit

I really liked the way Tennessee moved the ball against Cal. Ainge is sooo underrated by so many people, not all but alot... Now, if only their Defense could stop somebody, they would have a football team. Cal is probaby the best offensively skilled team they will run into this year, they can light it up, no doubt. I think the Vols will likely score 35+ and as bad as their D looked satuday night, I am a believer in UT's D this week as their home opener. I was at the UT Cal game last year, it gets hype in Neyland fasho. It will be tough on So Miss IMO to cover this spread. I just dont see it happnin.'

Rutgers (-15.5) 1.5 units

Rice should have another field day, Navy's D is pathetic. I learned this last week when I bet on them to cover vs. Temple... I was sadly mistaken perhaps... I am not so big on this game, not as much as the afformentioned plays anyways, as I feel that Navy does have a chance to give RU fits with their style of offense. The OVER may be the play here, as I see it coming out around the 51-52 range. If it does I may have to put some down on that as well.

Temple (-3.5) 1 unit

Basically, Temple proved to me that they have indeed improved, and while I think Buffalo has too, I think Temple will get the better of them in this game. Just hope its enough to cover 3.5. Also like the UNDER at whatever it is. Temple rolls 12-3 in the futility bowl.

All of these plays are in... I think I am going to lay off the teasers this week despite the recent success. Looking at another big ML parlay, as I think those are easy money with the Big Faves. Will post it when/ if I play it. I'm gonna try to go with a little more structure from this week forward. Last week was luck and hard to track, though profitable. We'll see how it goes. Good Luck to all :cheers:

Last edited:
Great card Pokey...finding alot in common here...leaning Mizzu, but haven't pulled trigger yet...you might have just helped push me over the edge.

:cheers:

I must say, I like what I have here, most of all I like the fact that I liked all of these games before I got the chance to see what everyone else was leaning and I found quite a bit of consistency with my plays and everyone elses. That definitely makes me feel good about where my plays stand so far. I think the majority of these lines are going to move the right way to satisfy me at where I got them. I am thinking hard on adding more to Hawaii and Mizzou, but will wait to gather more info on those and hope the line doesnt move too far. I just now read Hawaiiguy's writeup and that got me pumped about hawaii even more.

-Hawaiiguy, you do an outstanding job in the Warriors info man. I love it.

Aaaaaand there it goes... I just couldn't lay off. Mizzou -6 for 2 more units. Now 5.5 to win 5. I kicked myself for not putting more on GT, hopefully I wont be makin the same mistake twice.

great stuff pokey.

what is your take on the tennessee run defense ? i think tennessee can score on southern miss at home, so the question is can southern miss score. they are a heavily based run attack ( tends to mean lower scoring games and harder to cover big spreads) so if i can convince myself that they struggle to run on the vols then maybe i can safely make a play on tennessee. how do you see that matchup of usm run attack vs tenn. run Defense ?

Does the instate rivalry angle hold any water in the West Va/Marshall game? I didn't pull out of this bet, but I wonder?

Gl Pokey and Peace.

Does the instate rivalry angle hold any water in the West Va/Marshall game? I didn't pull out of this bet, but I wonder?

Gl Pokey and Peace.

I think the talent gap is a bit too big for Marshall to "will" their way into making this close. I can't see it being too close unless West Va. completely sleepwalks. So, I think that the in-state rivalry might actually benefit WVU. Not only could it keep them interested, but it could bring a boat load of their fans to the game.

So, I think that the in-state rivalry might actually benefit WVU. Not only could it keep them interested, but it could bring a boat load of their fans to the game.
very interesting take and it actually makes sense. never even considered the thought that the rivalry aspect of the game may help the mountaineer side. this play keeps growing on me.<!-- / message -->

So, I think that the in-state rivalry might actually benefit WVU. Not only could it keep them interested, but it could bring a boat load of their fans to the game.
very interesting take and it actually makes sense. never even considered the thought that the rivalry aspect of the game may help the mountaineer side. this play keeps growing on me.<!-- / message -->

Obviously I am biased, but I think it could actually help. :cheers:

Firstly, I want it to be out there that I rarely bet on Tennessee. And this is definitely a spot where I am glad to, and will do so with confidence. As stated above, I think Cal is the best offensive team that UT will face this year. They had a balanced attack with Forsett and Best on the ground, and Longshore and those rediculously athletic wideouts, Hawkins and Jackson. Lets take a look back at Tennessee's home opener last year for a minute. Cal came in with Lynch and Forsett in the backfield, with Longshore making his first collegiate start. Tennessee knew what Cal was gonna do offensively, and it showed. Lynch ended up with only 60-70 yds and the majority of Cal's yardage came basically in garbage time. It shocked me however, but also it showed me what a well prepared team like Tennessee can do in front of an enormous home crowd.

UT can dominate at home with their offense if they get an early lead, especially in the home opener. If Tennessee can get a score and a stop, or vise versa, there will be 110,000 fans right behind them en route to a blowout. This should be an inspired Tennessee defense, with an explosive offense. Tennessee is going to score alot of points in this one, and I just dont see S. Miss keeping pace. However, coming off a loss like that @ Cal really helps out the UT side of the line. Alot of people are forgetting that this is still a really good SEC team that feels like they have something to prove this year. They have 2 VERY good runningbacks in Coker and Hardesty, and a heck of a QB in Ainge. Their Linebackers are pretty fast, and their db's are solid. The D-Line is the unit in question, moreso now that Mitchell is hurt, but I think that the 3 guys behind them are gonna have there nose at the line of scrimmage quite a bit in this one.

All in all, I see So. Miss running for about 120 and not being able to sustain long drives because they won't be getting their yards in large chunks. The UT front 7 is going expect alot of rushing attempts and make them work for all those yards they want to get on the ground, and when they force them to throw it may end up looking alot like UT-Cal in '06. I actually like UT alot in a game for once, which surprises me. I am definitely feeling a cover here in the home opener. UT plays to their potential and rolls 41-17

My friends at WV say they hate Marshall and they take this game seriously fwiw, the same can be said for Marshall which I am not sure matters much

I definitely agree with Dmoney here, there is far too much talent on the WVU side for instate rivalry to become a factor. I am not going to write this one off as a cover by no means, but I would be very surprised if WVU scores less than 50, and Marshall scores more than 20.

up to 7 units... im toppin' it off at that. I need some correlation between it, and the rest of my plays, so i may bump them all up a unit... Go Tigers lol

nice writeup on the vols pokester, also nice insder thoughts from your friends etg. making me think about tennessee a little.... it was pretty much off my radar as a play. ............ maybe.

This is jst a humble opinion from a 1st full season capper... I wouldn't read into it that much, and I definitely dont feel as if I should change the minds of seasoned cappers such as yourself... but I do know a bit about da foozball and I like the play alot, and the line has since moved to -11 at 5d... and that makes me feel a little better about it. With the kickoff rules back to normal there are alot of ponts to be scored these days especially if Ainge throws 30+ times a game.

Best of Luck to you sir in whatever you decide on :cheers:

Added a ML Parlay and a Teaser. Will post final Card at the top of the thread.

ML Parlay: 1 unit to win 4
Rutgers, WVU, Neb, Oklahoma,Cal, Mizzou, Tex AM, Penn St, Tenn, Wazzou, Hawaii, Wisky, FLA, Okie St, Maryland

5 point Teaser: 4 units to win 4.5
Buffalo/ Temple U 52.5
Tennessee (-5.5)

Thank you sir. :cheers: I do happen to like this tease very much, I can't necessarily see a 9-3 game from a year ago, turn into a 53 point total with basically the same players. This game will likely be a purse fight again, and I dont see Tennessee winning by less than a TD in their home opener. Should be Money in Da Bank.

I was +19.8 units last week and I like my card more this week than last. Hopefully my feelings will soon be justified... Lets make some money this week! :cheers:

Gl Pokey and Peace.

Everyone said same thing last year....look at the result...too big of a talent difference

Back