Georgia Tech +14
Arizona -3 (5.5 units to win 4) LOSS

ML Parlay

Auburn
BYU
Georgia
California
Arizona (3 units to win 6) LOSS

The 1st couple weeks I never get too involved in straight lines, but instead like to build the bankroll with some teasers and big ML parlays on home favs. I know there aren't alot of you guys out there that get into that stuff, but I have found it very profitable the first couple weeks every year and this year was no exception. However, at some point every season I feel the value of moving lines decreases dramatically, and when I feel like that happens I start playing more straight lines and totals. This week is looking like that point. I will still throw in a teaser and/or ML parlay here and there but not near as often as previous weeks.

On to this week -

CFB posted Record (2-0-1) +23 units

Wisconsin (-1) 3 units
This is the Badgers first game away from Camp Randall this season, where they are 5-4 SU the last 2 years in the regular season. In week 1 against Akron, they fell victim to a backdoor cover after turning it over at the goal line twice, then fumbling again very late in the 4th giving Akron the ball and the eventual cover. Last week, they started off slow but reeled of 51 straight over 2 and a half quarters and blew out the Thundering Heard in a game that was starting to remiond me of the Marshall-WVU game last year. Fresno beat a Rutgers team that is seemingly still searching for an indentity following the loss of its workhorse Ray Rice, and 3/5ths of its O-Line. Rutgers clearly missed some opportunities on offense, and Fresno's running game eventually wore down the Scarlet Knight D en route to a decieving (imo) 24-7 win. I feel like the Wisconsin D-Line is the stregth of their defense, returning 3 Senior starters from last years squad, and yes I know its just Marshall and Akron, but they are out rushing their opponents by an avg of over 200 ypg. Everidge looked like he gained a little confidence in the last 2 and a half qtrs against Marshall, and as long as he makes some decent decisions in the pocket, I think the badgers will roll. 27-13 Whiskeeeeey.

South Florida (-3)--PUSH-- 3 units, will add more if the line moves lower or stays put.
I will keep this one a bit shorter. This is the Bulls biggest game this year until the travel to Morgantown in early December. They take care of business here, and they may very well be sitting at 11-0 with a great shot to go undefeated based on what I have seen from the 'neers. They totally dominated the UCF game in a hostile environment (the yardage discrepancy was huge if I remember correctly), but let them hang around too long and it almost cost them. Lesson learned, time to focus on the Jayhawks. Look at last years game at home vs. WVU. South Florida's fans were HYPED. I see this game going very similar. Weeknight game, national TV... etc. A low scoring affair, with the home team making the big plays on offense and defense. I will be very interested in the total for this game as well. Kansas was not a very good road team last year, and this USF defense will cause major problems for the spread offense they love to run. Give me the home team on a Friday night, with a fast and physical defense geared to stop these kinds of offenses (again, see: WVU LY), against an overrated Kansas team that hasn't been in an environment like this, and lost its Top RB, WR, and Corner from last year.

Thats all the writeups for tonight but will get to the rest of my plays so far later tomorrow...

Michigan (-1) 3 units ----- What a f'in purse fight that will be....
Virginia (+11) 3 units
Oklahoma (-20) 6 units
UNC (+5) 3 units WIN

Teaser: (5.5 pts) 3 units
Clemson (-13)
BYU (-2.5)

ML Parlay 3 units to win 6 units
Auburn
BYU
Georgia
Cal
'Zona

Comments, thoughts are welcome :cheers:

Last edited:
I'm on the South Florida play but one thing to consider is they lost Jenkins, Trae Williams, basically top 3 corners. Simply put, Big East has no-one with passing attack like Kansas. KU passing top 5 nationally. Very different than West Virginia play here. Once again, though, I'm on USF.

The Wisky play, man, I don't think I've ever mauled one like this before. Someone look at the ghastly rush defense #s Pat Hill's club put up last year and combine that with Rutgers weak Oline and we may have something.

Easy win tonight on the 'Heels... I kinda had some thoughts on Rutgers in my Wisconsin write-up, though i never got to the rest of my write-ups (corporate tax extension deadline comin' up, been busy at the office). I ended up throwing a couple units on the heels +14 / over 40 teaser, but for posted record keeping purposes I will discount that play.

After the Rutgers disaster tonight I am considering pressing those winnings on the Badgers Friday night. This game tells me, if anything, that Fresno isn't quite what their already decieving (imo) 24-7 win over the Knights seems. While my concerns for the Badgers are clearly in their secondary, and given that Brandstater had a less than spectacular outing against Rutgers while Yates had his way with them, I feel like Wisconsin will be efficient enough on defense to take home a convincing W here.

..... Still waiting on some low juice on the Bulls tomorrow night before I add more to it.

:cheers:

Well, South Florida is lookin like shit, but my biggest bet of the year so far:

Kansas TT OVER 11.5 (2h) -130 to win 20 units

:popcorn:

Added a teaser:

Georgia Tech (+14)
Arizona (-3)

5.5 units to win 4

Cant really see the Georgia Tech game getting too out of hand either way, and Arizona should take care of New Mexico quite nicely.

Also added Georgia (-7) for 2 units. Will update my first post accordingly. BOL tomorrow guys.

:cheers:

Back