Pocono

captjohn67

Pretty much a regular
If you're thinking a longshot has a chance this Sunday, I'd advise against it. Penske has won all 3 ovals this year and 11 of the last 15. Rossi won here last year year in a dominating performance leading 180 of the 200 laps. The numbers are too short for value IMO, but I'd say Power or Rossi for what it's worth. Bad things tend to happen here with a death, a career ended until further notice, and Helio almost getting decapitated in the pits. The contract ends this year so this might be the last one for a while. I hope that's not the case as there aren't enough 500 milers as it is.

RHR -120 Hinch...RHR has six top 5s compared to Hinchs one and his avg finish here is 11.3 to 17.2. Just a no brainer play

Herta +110 Pigot...Herta has only been running at the finish in 7 of the 13 races this year is why he's got a plus in front of him (Pigot has been RAF in 12 of 13). Herta is fearless and blindingly fast and if you discard the 3 wrecks and 3 mechanical failures his avg finish is 8.0 compared to Pigots 12.5. I'm wagering he keeps his nose clean.

Rosenqvist +135 Ericsson....eight top 10s versus three and a nice return? Sign me up.

Still looking at the bottom feeder matchups but these were the ones you circle immediately

Qualifying canceled due to rain so the starting grid will be assembled by points. They hope to get in a 2 hour practice session later today. It will be the only practice session before the race. Tomorrow's forecast is sketchy as well. All my matchups are good with the points so whatever. Starting position doesn't mean as much in a race like this other than being around the riff raff and getting in trouble. This will be the grid

IndyCar Driver Standings | NBCSports

Hard to gather much from that practice session as we don't know who was on what tires. It is safe to say the Carpenter cars missed their set up badly. Also safe to say Ferrucci was really happy with his car. I'm concerned that passing is going to be really difficult so I'm expecting banzai moves on restarts. Pagenaud +850 and Dixon +1300 are definitely the value plays considering their no tow speeds. Forecast is better and we're just on isolated storms now. Might add a few, just now looking

Back