Pocono

captjohn67

Pretty much a regular
23-38 ( +0.94) first time all season i have had a plus in front of my loose figure. I'll take it.

Montoya - pissed as hell last week and the "karma is a bitch" had me laughing. Look, this guy is one cool cucumber, but the last two races he has been running to protect a points lead instead of going balls out. Considering his only effort here was a pole and the win (while leading 45 laps) you would think he would put his blinders on and go for it. And i'm pretty damn sure he will. Also remember he has won four of the ten 500 milers he has run. I would love to be on him in some fashion, and will be if i can get a +700, but that's not going to happen. Let's see who they pair him with and we'll go from there ( probably Dixon )

Rahal - to put things in perspective of the monster year he is having, six of his career fifteen podiums have come this year (hello). So how has he performed in the five ovals so far this year? He has a 5th, 15th, win, 3rd and a 4th. I should mention that he has an 18th and a 19th in his two trips here, but imo that doesn't mean jack. Current form > past performances in this particular instance.

Dixon - still 3rd in points and has a win and a 5th here. He has six top 5's this year and i am hoping for a -120 v. Power

Helio - he has a 2nd and an 8th in his two trips here. Maybe the reason he has seemed to have such an under the radar season is because he has no wins. He also has six top 5's on the year, but his last two races have really hurt ( 11th + 15th) Not sure what to do with him if i am being honest.

Power - 4th and a 10th in his two. He has the same amount of top 5's on the year as Dixon, but his last four races have avg'd out to a 16.25 while Dixon's last four average out to an 8.75

Kanaan - had to pit for fuel with two laps left last year and finished a deceiving 11th. The 2013 effort was a pedestrian 13th. He won't win at Sonoma, so if he entertains the thought of being on top of the podium this year, the time is now. Matchup possibility for sure.

Newgarden - on the last two ovals he has led the most laps (111 at Iowa in a 2nd place finish and 109 at the Mile in a 5th place finish) So what about the two trips here you ask? 5th and an 8th have me hoping for an insulting number. The rumors are he is being coveted by the big teams, and his maturation this year warrants it imo. I think he still needs to work on his consistency, but let's not forget the man is only 24 yrs old.

--10 drivers are still mathematically alive for the ring

-- Pagenaud the darkhorse with two 6th place finishes here??

race is next weekend but i had some time and felt like rambling...

appreciate it as always Schrute ( handshake)

Newgarden -115 Wilson (2 units) ---just a bonehead number
Marco -125 RHR (2 units) --- Marco has finished 6th, 5th and 3rd on the big ovals while RHR has finished 15th, 18th and 15th. Marco has two top 10's here in his two trips while the best RHR has managed in his two is an 18th. Don't even think about it, just hit submit.

Called the Montoya/Dixon matchup and i'll pass. Had Montoya +500 and he's +485 so that's a pass as well. Going to dig deeper on a few but wanted to get the no brainers out there.

Briscoe +4800 and Sato +4800 (.02 each) Sato has had speed all weekend and Briscoe showed enough in the final practice to warrant swinging for the fence. I got the Montoya where I wanted it, so .10 on the +725 as well. Kimball had to enjoy breakfast more than most this morning. I simply don't see anything else, so that's all I got. I am worried about this one for some reason and hope they keep it clean. Good luck with whatever you have today.

Back