Please Read - Lets not get caught with our pants down

Sammy Meatballs

Sammy Meatballs? Never Heard of Her
Adjustments are part of the game, and I find that we all got caught with our pants down in the Suns vs Spurs game today. The reason we got caught with our pants down is below.

Out of all the teams facing a 0-2 deficit this was the highest spread at -7.

This was the biggest blowout also- This was one of those ones that we should have seen coming.

Defense will always beat Offense- Every time, and in this game we have arguably the best defensive team in this league vs one of the worst ones. The funny thing is that we were getting +7 on this game. I hit the 2nd and 4th qtrs on teh spurs as they covered every single qtr and bet so I made my money back on this game.

The irony is that you have the defending champs at +7 with a great Defense vs WHAT?? A public fun and gun offensive team. We may as well have seen Steve Spurrier coaching tonight and the Gators football team out there tonight vs the spurs. The Gators were always favored over everyone and always lost when playing tough defensive teams with SPurrier.

Bettors love offense and will always get suckered into these bets-- Even if the Spurs did not play like their lives were at risk if they lose, Suns are not 7 points better than the SPurs, no way, not on any court. This line was very very incorrect. I don't see how the Nuggets can be favored in this game, they are possibly the worst defensive team in a while and that will not win in the playoffs. Playoffs is all about defense-

Tomorrow's game I will look at them the exact same way----

One interesting one is that Denver is starting to get hit, almost in the same fashion as PHOENIX was. WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY -- OFfense OFFENSE OFFENSE- Bettors are having dreams of AI passing to DUI for easy layups. Bettors are remembering all the easy wins during the regular season that Denver killed everyone. What does that really mean for tomorrow's games???? Nothing absolutely nothing, a friend of mine who is a physcologist is starting to bet with me as partners, and is watching the games, and teaching me the physcological aspect of betting. He said it really means nothing if Denver beat everyone badly during the regular season.

I find it hard to believe in this matchup that DENVER has no D at all. Lakers can play some D, enough to beat Denver in game 1 and game 2. I guess we have to decipher if the team is better period they will win anywhere whether the game is played in a swimming pool.

I understand why Denver is getting pounded and is for offense offense and home advantage. The thing is betting vs the best team in the leaguge with the best coach a good idea?? ALso with some veterans like Fisher, Odom and Kobe , will they not defend tomorrow.

From a basketball standpoint here I do not see how Denver is a good bet as it is a mirror image of the Suns team, as there is a mirrage that this team can just outscore everyone. Both teams like to run but one can play defense, and this is the playoffs not regular season also- hence Carmelo's dissappearance act.

Toronto vs Orlando--

Each game is independent event- Every one now thinks that the raps are awesome and they can kill Orlando..

Lets take it for what it is worth- Raps play well at home vs Orlando. Raps played well enough on road to win game 2 and maybe game 1 if they were not behind so early. Orlando has No D, but the Raps also have no D, but the RAPS played D last game and beat Orlando easily. Howard only had 4 points last game in 2nd half.

These teams are pretty similar in that both dont play great D, and both are pretty good shooting teams. Both have a big man that can play well, but both are prone to dissappearing in big games.

The RAPS won last game and used ever bit of energy possible. Orlando should come out a lot harder this game. Raps played a great game for 48 minutes. Raps have not shown the ability to be consistent all year long. IN this spot I would think they will not duplicate their effort last game, because their D is bad, but their interior D is really bad.

The OVer is not a good bet in this game because both teams shoot too many jumpers. Also RAPS do not run if Calderone is in the game, he is very methodical.

I know that the Raps are not as good as they looked last game- That is the physcological aspect that my friend asked me he said are they really that good. I said NO, and Orlando is better than that..

I also don't feel the Raps are good enough to win 2 games in a row in these playoffs. The home edge they had was huge but Orlando did not play well. IF orlando comes to play I can see them winning this game outright.

This is also a favorite with a very weak defense, who looked better in game 3, but lets see if they can do it again in game 4.

Suns and the Raptors are very similar in that both settle for a lot of jumpers. Orlando drives more, with Howard, Turkoglu, and Nelson sometimes--

I hope I am on the right track here, because I really feel that some of these games you can see the results from a mile away.

Here is what the bottom line is:

Denver has no D and is a favorite vs the Lakers--
I see no reason to take Denver and if you take them you are expecting them to somehow stop the Lakers. Phil and Kobe, will try IMO to win game 3 to crush any hopes of NUggets comeback

Raps with a bad D is also a favorite vs Orlando- RAPS got their win out of the way now lets see how the pressure goes on them to win tomorrow.

THe concern for me taking Orlando is that none of their guys are playoff tested at all- Lewis, Howard, Turkoglu these guys could easily choke this away

In both games I try to pick the team I think will be better defensively- a lot of peolpe thought Detroit would be better defensively today which was not the case as Philly was.

Actually come to think of it, Lakers are better defensively and I have to think they will be better defensively unless Denver uses the crowd to play crazy Defense- I dont think though so

In the Raps game, I know that the Raps have had no trouble scoring on Orlando except for the slow starts--

Yes they are Brew-- BUt I think that vs good teams that play D that home advantage gets eliminated quickly

Also only the real good teams have their teams ready in game 3, ie POPS tonight and PHIL J, ALso all home teams that made their big runs did it with D limiting the opponents to low points at half, not sure Denver can do that

Brew If you cannot stop the other team it is hard to win in playoffs- ie Detroit also they are all perception their Defense is very very very OVERATED

THe Raps game is an interesting one-- NO team really has a D so this one has me on the fence, maybe going to jump in at half or 4th qtr i am thinking

Plus I cannot trust George KARL and that retarded dance he did before game 1? What was that looked like some kind of African tribal dance

i dont like betting against home teams in the playoffs. especially when everybody is all giggily and happy with the road team.

gl with whatever you decide.

Lakers is the play no doubt even... Let's hope they will agree with us after the game :)

i dont like betting against home teams in the playoffs. especially when everybody is all giggily and happy with the road team.

gl with whatever you decide.

Jump on we have room on the train--

You also have to factor in the "Gangsta Factor" If things go even a little bad the Denver Gangstas will start fighting with each other-- Hopefully Karl doesen't do his Tribal dance and beat the shit out of all his gangstas tomorrow

WHen your best player DUI is laughing when Kenyon Martin fouls out, you know that is a good team to bet against-- This team gave up 151 to Seattle--

As Dennis Green said" THey are who we thought they are"

They are not a good team, they are a bunch of name players---

Carmelo- Won with Syrcause National Chamopinship

CAMBY- Defensive Player of the Year- Top Draft PIck

Ken Martin- Top Draft PIck former finals player with Nets

AI- Top Draft PIck, best guard at onepoint quick and tenacious

Jr Smith- Another Gangsta

This team is a lot of individual gangstas, I dont see them beating Lakers anywhere look at Lakers

Kobe- ALl world best players

Fisher- quiet underrated player

Walton- Quiet not super athletic but smart and underrated

Odom- Good passer not too hyped either

GASOL- Underated very good big man, gets no accolodes as some bigs get all the credit like sHeed

Vujacic- Assasin also quiet

Radmonovivu- ALso quiet player

As you can see the line is what it is for a reason. You want the quiet team players vs the individual gangstas... Bottom line the Lakers are a team while the Gangstas have the top draft picks but play with no cohesion and chemistry.

AI has heart but other than that the other Gangstas have things more important than basketball on their minds. How dumb is Jr SMITH trash talking KOBE down 17 points????? WHat is he thinking??

Denver does not pose any greatness in any facet of basketball for me to think they can win playoff games--

Denver won a lot of games during the regular season over good teams this year. So what that means nothing now, this is playoffs now-- NOt regular season.

I really feel the Lakers willl be in the correct mindset to take it to the gangstas. Phoenix does not have gangstas and they just lost outright to a better team, cause they could not stop them. Lakers are a very good offensive team, and for the Gangstas to stop them they will have to score like over 130 or somehow limit the Lakers down.

Also consider this really important factor also----

Teams that lost up 2-0 were very young teams without a major leader on the team and no vets---

Orlando has no identity and no coaching and no killer instinct no surprise

Cleveland was due for a loss- Wiz wanted it very bad and Clev has been bad on road all year

New Orleans is young and no killer instinct at this point, plus they are not amazing on road also

Spurs won because they were ready to win the game here- good team ready to win the game-- Dunca, Manu and parker were ready-

Boston also should be ready to win also they are veteran team

Detroit lost because they have no leader- no go to guy- who is it? is it RIp? Curious George? SHeed? Billups? You need 1 guy on the team

The Lakers know what to expect and with pHIL J I think he has them ready to beat the Gangstas here.

One more factor, the venue. Kobe and Colorado together promise us a very hyped up crowd and things can get out of hand quickly. Kobe is the perfect player for such an event and his teammates will give it all to help him (that is the biggest news of the season, Lakers players will actually play for Bryant)...

Yes the Lakers will blast the gangstas out of the water, Phil J does not allow freebies in the playoffs, just like POPS tonight everyone thoight they would get a freebie lol not the case

Orlando is not as good as your making them out to be.

Toronto was 1 jumper away from it being 2-1. A team without heart would have packed their bags after the 2 first quarter blow outs, but the clawed their way back into it.

Doesnt it seem too easy to take the Lakers? Anything can happen, just ask Detroit :shake:

welcome to the forum with your 10th post. how can you begin to compare detroit with LA? and philly can pummel denver.

i'm on it sammy. lakers +1.5 HUGE.

lean celtics and rockets as well.

screw it just locked in...

ORLANDO +3
LA +1.5
BOSTON -8.5
HOUSTON +8.5

ALL FOR ONE UNIT. WILL ADD MORE LATER.

Odom- Good passer not too hyped either

Not to mention he's connected...
an_light.gif

Phil and Kobe, will try IMO to win game 3 to crush any hopes of NUggets comeback

I definitely agree with this rather bold statement. Phil Jackson and Kobe Bryant will indeed try to win tonight.

Phil and Kobe, will try IMO to win game 3 to crush any hopes of NUggets comeback

I definitely agree with this rather bold statement. Phil Jackson and Kobe Bryant will indeed try to win tonight.

:36_11_6:

not really being sarcastic. it was really a sincere welcome. i just hate detroit. seriously. sorry if you are offended.

My fault . Took it the wrong way...use to alot of sarcasim i guess. I also hate Detroit...just look at last night..they basicaly gave up and dont seem to give a shit. I just think Denver will come away with one in the series and i look at them to play with some serious urgency.

Definately not a B. Lang 100 dime lock tho :36_11_6:

yea i mean i took detroit. and also took suns. but sometimes needing the W isn't enough, especially for a team that doesn't play D just like the suns. spurs and lakers are elite. they take care of business both sides of the court. GL whatever you decide.

million dollar man flipped the coin and said LAKESHOW AND UNDER!

I got caught with my pants down....only about halfway tho b/c i only threw 30 bucks on it...but 30 bucks is 30 bucks either way u look at it...O well...congrats Laker backers..job well done

I didnt mean to come off as an a-hole if i did...There are many many many better basketball cappers than me..just trying to add some imput

Its all good buddy - there are winners and losers on every game and we got this one but we cant get em all, but hopefully more winners

Back