Please post any misleading scores that you find.. Thanks.

• Thread starter Thread starter Gyno
  • Start date Start date
this is going to be a very long thread.

wku/tenn fits the bill hahhaaha. wku outgained them. 7-1 turnover ratio. two pick 6's for the vols.

i'll try to add more later. there were plenty.

Mich State had another defensive TD

That offense should just be in victory formation every down, it's that bad.

Didn't watch the game, but looking at highlights and box score the UF v Miami game was misleading. UF outgained UM 413-212 and 22-10 in first downs. UF contributed 10 penalties and 5 TO's including a couple in the red zone. Misleading, but not Driskell's first time to do that

this is going to be a very long thread.

wku/tenn fits the bill hahhaaha. wku outgained them. 7-1 turnover ratio. two pick 6's for the vols.

i'll try to add more later. there were plenty.
yeah, Wku being stopped on 1 yd line, 4th down didn't help either

Ark had 227 more total yds than Samford but 2 TO's to none (both fumbles), have this score looking closer than game actually was.

Ind St loss to Purdue by 6 pts, but that's with a TO vs none by Purdue and having the ball 10 less minutes than Purdue had it.

I wanted to add some thoughts on the Miami/UF game from a probably biased canes fan that was in attendance.

I have read many articles now about how the gators dominated the game and should have won easily. Here are some bullets that refute that a little.

the gators scored two TDs in the game. One was after a Miami special teams screw up allowing an unblocked gator to block a punt. Basically a turnover. The other was after a bad squib kick at the end while the canes were in prevent.

the gators oline did not dominate at all. They ran the ball a lot which inflated the yard total but they a only averaged 2.8 yards per carry. And the canes put pressure on Driskell all day highlighted by the sack and fumble.

When the gators were driving in the middle of the 4th trying to take the lead, howard of the canes picked it off. Remember the gators were working on a short field after an interception themselves. Morris had a open receiver for a first down and missed him badly when Hargreaves picked it off.

the gators defense is awesome but Miami definitely went into a very conservative offense in the 2nd half. While I don't agree with the decision, they wanted the gators offense to beat them which they couldn't do.

a big chunk of the gators passing yards came on two fluky jump balls and on that prevent drive at the end.

The canes had a huge run in the 4th that would have at least put them in fg range but it was called back by a fantom hold. Watched the replay, it was a terrible call.

i am not saying the canes are the better team and I will admit that the canes oline struggled with the gators d line. I am saying the canes deserved that win as they truly forced those turnovers with great defensive plays. And let's not forget they jumped out early by dominating the first quarter. Miami's offense still has some work to do on that side of the ball breaking in a new OC, but as a Canes fan I can't be happier about the improvements on the defensive side of the ball.

Nc St only beat Richmond by 2 pts but Nc St had 122 more total yds, while having 4 TO's to 2 and 10 penalties for 89 yds and less time of possession.

Yup .. hard to say that WKU was the better team because of the miscues, because we don't know what Tennessee does in a close game with their offense, because the ypp was actually better for vols and because the yardage is skewed some because those turnovers for TD that wku was giftwrapping meant the vols offense stayed off the field and the wku offense went right back out there but that score is about as misleading as you will get.

I would throw in another sunbelt vs sec game as misleading.

[TABLE="class: mod-data"]
<tbody>[TR="class: odd"]
[TD]24[/TD]
[TD]23[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: even"]
[TD="align: left"]3rd down efficiency
[/TD]
[TD]8-18[/TD]
[TD]7-14[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]4th down efficiency
[/TD]
[TD]0-3[/TD]
[TD]1-1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: odd"]
[TD="class: bi, align: left"]Total Yards[/TD]
[TD]422[/TD]
[TD]468[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: bi, align: left"]Passing[/TD]
[TD]272[/TD]
[TD]167[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Comp-Att
[/TD]
[TD]29-41[/TD]
[TD]11-19[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Yards per pass
[/TD]
[TD]6.6[/TD]
[TD]8.8[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: bi, align: left"]Rushing[/TD]
[TD]150[/TD]
[TD]301[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Rushing Attempts
[/TD]
[TD]39[/TD]
[TD]50[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Yards per rush
[/TD]
[TD]3.8[/TD]
[TD]6.0[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: bi, align: left"]Penalties[/TD]
[TD]6-53[/TD]
[TD]9-91[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: bi, align: left"]Turnovers[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Fumbles lost
[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Interceptions thrown
[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: bi, align: left"]Possession[/TD]
[TD]32:54[/TD]
[TD]27:06[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

The blown fourth downs by ark st early in the game were a big difference. They executed far superior to Auburn but the athletic difference ( mainly size ) was notable.

But that game is especially interesting to me as a handicapper as misleading because it is the second consecutive misleading score in favor of Auburn through two weeks.....

VK I love your contributions to these threads and considering I've talk to you on the phone and know your approach I respect your eye.. Did you see any other misleading scores?

Cincy started slow, didn’t cross midfield essentially until less than 5m left in 1st half. For the game, Cincy had 24 FDs, 456 total yards (148ry 4.6ypc) – but was only 3 of 13 on 3rd down. In the second half they kicked a FG from the 19 and had drives stopped on downs at the ILL 1 (after 1st and goal at 4) and 28.

Iowa had a 500 – 200 total yard edge and 25 – 12 FD edge over Mizz St, but only won by 28-14. Miz St had got a 28y pick-6 and Iowa also missed a FG from the 15 and was stopped on downs at the 2. It was 21-0 at one point in the 4th quarter. Iowa did have 11 penalties for 100 yards.

Not misleading, but of note BGSU – Kent was 24-22 at halftime, but BG dominated 2nd half with a 263-65 total yard edge. Kent is starting a rFr QB in just his second game. BG had a lot of trouble with him in the first half, both running and passing. 1st half Reardon hit 10 of 13, nearly 60y rushing, no sacks then in the 2nd he went 5 of 13 and was sacked 3x.

The blown fourth downs by ark st early in the game were a big difference. They executed far superior to Auburn but the athletic difference ( mainly size ) was notable.

But that game is especially interesting to me as a handicapper as misleading because it is the second consecutive misleading score in favor of Auburn through two weeks.....

just consider it a gift... Auburn is a beautiful team to fade in select spots

Was at the game and feel so sorry for anyone that took Oklahoma St. and lost because they dominated and you had it capped correctly. The boxscore will tell you UTSA had over 500 yards but over half of that was in the last quarter and a half when they were down 42-7 and OSU had started pulling out starters and getting game reps for the backups.

UTSA didn't quit I'll give them that, but Arizona will light them up next week and anything under -28 is a must play for me and will look hard at the over as well.

Was at the game and feel so sorry for anyone that took Oklahoma St. and lost because they dominated and you had it capped correctly. The boxscore will tell you UTSA had over 500 yards but over half of that was in the last quarter and a half when they were down 42-7 and OSU had started pulling out starters and getting game reps for the backups.

UTSA didn't quit I'll give them that, but Arizona will light them up next week and anything under -28 is a must play for me and will look hard at the over as well.

yep that was ridiculous

Nc St only beat Richmond by 2 pts but Nc St had 122 more total yds, while having 4 TO's to 2 and 10 penalties for 89 yds and less time of possession.

At what point does total yards for one school vs another become irrelevant? What's the breaking point? 122 yards doesn't seem to be that daunting to me? Especially when they were -2 in the turnover dept. the ten penalties are a little more than concerning, though. At the end of the day, state doesn't have any play makers nor a QB to run Doeren's offense. I would downgrade state if you had higher hopes??

A post like this is what folks have in mind when they come to this thread. Nice job.

TCU was SOD at SE La 34 and 21 (1st two drives of game) and again in the 3rd qrt at SE La 22.

MTSU had a 4-2 TO deficit and was INT’d in the EZ after a 14p-68y opening drive, in the 3rd qrt at the UNC 26 they were INT’d at the 12 after a 6p-51y drive. In the 4th they were SOD at the UNC 9 after having 1st and 10 at the 14. UNC did throw an INT of their own at the MTSU 8 on 1st and 10 and MTSU ret’d a fmbl for TD. MTSU’s top 3 RBs all had atleast 5.0 ypc (out rushed UNC 158-134 and 3.8-3.3 ypc) - UNC D has now allowed 193 ypg rushing on the year (4.83 ypc)...GT's up in 2 weeks.

Maine had a 514-265 yard and 21-14 FD edge vs UMass, but only won 21-14. Maine QB hit 20 of 28 passing for 267 (UMass QBs combined for 20 of 42) and Maine ground game gained 247 (5.5ypc). Maine threw INT in the EZ, kicked a 26y FG, and ended the game taking a knee with 2nd and goal at the 6.

Toledo had more total yds than Mizzou but 3 TO's

Not only did they have 3 TOs, but one was ret'd 70y for Mizzou TD, another was in the EZ after a long drive to close the 1st half. The 3rd INT was only effected field position rather than preventing a score or gift wrapping a Mizzou score like the first two.

Tol RB Flullen had 100y rushing (6.5ypc) and 100y receiving. Rocket #2 WR went over 100y too. That Tiger D can still be had.

Idaho got 10 pts with 136 of their 344 yards and 7 of their 16 FDs on their final two drives.

James Madison had a 26-14 FD, 498-356 TY and 38-22 TOP edge vs Akron, but lost by 2 (failed 2 pt conv on second to last drive). Akron had a 4p-16y TD drive following JMU fmbl right before halftime. Akron used big plays of 68 and 55 yards in their next two scoring drives to strike quick. JMU moved the ball 53y to the Akron 27, but ran out of time.

Minnesota did have a 469 to 356 yard edge, but after scoring 3 non-offensive TDs vs UNLV, vs NM St they got 2 more (65y punt ret and 50y fum ret TDs). NM ST was SOD at Min 31 and 10 in the 2nd half.

army/ballst and csu/Tulsa come to mind .. I will post the box scores tomorrow. I watched the CSU game and Tulsa trailed the whole way for the most part but were the better team the whole way as well. The box score will show the true colors of the two teams.

going to bed. maybe someone with more time can post those two box scores

Didn't watch the game, but looking at highlights and box score the UF v Miami game was misleading. UF outgained UM 413-212 and 22-10 in first downs. UF contributed 10 penalties and 5 TO's including a couple in the red zone. Misleading, but not Driskell's first time to do that

I listened to that game for 20 minutes driving into work yesterday. It feels all I heard the whole 20 minutes was Florida with the ball in the Miami half, zero points coming of it, Miami going 3 and out, and repeat

I wanted to add some thoughts on the Miami/UF game from a probably biased canes fan that was in attendance.

I have read many articles now about how the gators dominated the game and should have won easily. Here are some bullets that refute that a little.

the gators scored two TDs in the game. One was after a Miami special teams screw up allowing an unblocked gator to block a punt. Basically a turnover. The other was after a bad squib kick at the end while the canes were in prevent.

the gators oline did not dominate at all. They ran the ball a lot which inflated the yard total but they a only averaged 2.8 yards per carry. And the canes put pressure on Driskell all day highlighted by the sack and fumble.

When the gators were driving in the middle of the 4th trying to take the lead, howard of the canes picked it off. Remember the gators were working on a short field after an interception themselves. Morris had a open receiver for a first down and missed him badly when Hargreaves picked it off.

the gators defense is awesome but Miami definitely went into a very conservative offense in the 2nd half. While I don't agree with the decision, they wanted the gators offense to beat them which they couldn't do.

a big chunk of the gators passing yards came on two fluky jump balls and on that prevent drive at the end.

The canes had a huge run in the 4th that would have at least put them in fg range but it was called back by a fantom hold. Watched the replay, it was a terrible call.

i am not saying the canes are the better team and I will admit that the canes oline struggled with the gators d line. I am saying the canes deserved that win as they truly forced those turnovers with great defensive plays. And let's not forget they jumped out early by dominating the first quarter. Miami's offense still has some work to do on that side of the ball breaking in a new OC, but as a Canes fan I can't be happier about the improvements on the defensive side of the ball.

Solid post...watched/listenend(while napping) to 90 percent of game...while UF had chances this is still the Driskell led UF...Miami played very well on defense and had a great showing from the fans from what they said and I heard..deserved win...it as the right way to bet via spread when all said and done...

Notre Dame definitely got 2 lucky TD's on the tipped pass as well as the defensive TD. They should have lost by 35

I will agree with everything you said. I am a homer and still think we are the better team just think that the team that played less worst won the game. Thats beside the point. My take on the game was Miamis Front 7 really impressed me. Teams that can throw the ball and love to throw the ball will give them major problems though. Also agree the holding call was bad, but so was the missed call on Dukes TD run. Watch it again and look at Floridas #11, he was getting mauled. But Morris has a ton of talent and so does your offense, Florida really does have a Top 5 Defense in the country. And with a team led by Jeff Driskel, the Unders will keep getting heavy action.

I was one of the very few on Army this week. Still think the 40-14 score was a bit misleading.

Army ran the ball for 363 yds and passed for another 76 yds. Total of 439 yds on 84 plays.

Ball State ran the ball for 115 yds and passed for 325 yds. Total of 440 yds on 71 plays.

3 Army Turnovers to Ball State's one.

Time of Possession 32.19 to 27.41 in favor of Army.

Colorado has two IR returns for TD's. Take it from the guy who had Central Arkansas +13.5 that guy was a little closer than the final score indicated. Central Arkansas up 24-17 early in the 4th.

Team Stat Comparison

[TABLE="class: mod-data"]
<tbody>[TR="class: team-color-strip"]
[TH="align: left"][/TH]
[TH="align: left"]CSU[/TH]
[TH="align: left"]TLSA[/TH]
[/TR]
[TD="class: bi, align: left"]1st Downs[/TD]
[TD]9[/TD]
[TD]22[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]3rd down efficiency[/TD]
[TD]4-17[/TD]
[TD]5-18[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]4th down efficiency[/TD]
[TD]0-0[/TD]
[TD]1-3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: bi, align: left"]Total Yards[/TD]
[TD]286[/TD]
[TD]427[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: bi, align: left"]Passing[/TD]
[TD]108[/TD]
[TD]212[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Comp-Att[/TD]
[TD]12-29[/TD]
[TD]21-39[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Yards per pass[/TD]
[TD]3.7[/TD]
[TD]5.4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: bi, align: left"]Rushing[/TD]
[TD]178[/TD]
[TD]215[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Rushing Attempts[/TD]
[TD]35[/TD]
[TD]44[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Yards per rush[/TD]
[TD]5.1[/TD]
[TD]4.9[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: bi, align: left"]Penalties[/TD]
[TD]9-93[/TD]
[TD]5-45[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: bi, align: left"]Turnovers[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Fumbles lost[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Interceptions thrown[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: bi, align: left"]Possession[/TD]
[TD]28:19[/TD]
[TD]31:41
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Tulsa kicked FGs from the 14, 6 and 17 yard lines

Take it from the guy who had Central Arkansas +13.5 that guy was a little closer than the final score indicated. Central Arkansas up 24-17 early in the 4th.

Had 25-1 ML parlay with both Montana State and Cent. Arky......could fukkin taste that win in the 4th Q of both games (being played simultaneously)..

Back