Please post any misleading scores that you find in week 4.. Need you guys!!

• Thread starter Thread starter Gyno
  • Start date Start date
G

Gyno

Thanks in advance..

You know the drill.. I do need you guys (no homo)

Rutgers had

10 more FDs
120 more total yards
4 less punts
couldn't run but passed all they wanted.
Also 3 turnovers to none..

I think the Rutgers score was a little misleading. They were down 24-7

Cincy only won by 14 but..

Had 20 more FDs (24-4)
369-87 yards

Hope someone finds some more..

true on cincy. kay was pretty bad. their oline had trouble with the 3 man front of miami and didn't really start running downhill until they wore them down in the 4th. cincy's playcalling was very confusing at times too.

kansas was incredibly lucky to win. late in the 4th, leading 10-3, la tech fumbled at the 1 and into the endzone giving the jayhawks a touchback. kansas then scored 10 points and gained a large portion of their yards while in desperation mode in the last couple minutes. la tech still had more yards and first downs. their redshirt freshman was better in his first start than heaps. kansas will finish 2-11.

marshall/ va tech never should've gone ot OT. marshall was so close to making it a two score 4th quarter lead but got very conservative because of the weather. vt also scored on a blocked punt and a fluky 4th down deflection that would've been incomplete had marshall not tipped it.

Last edited:
Didn't see much of the Rutgers game, but they had a Def TD called back I think.

Maryland had 1st downs in the RZ, but kicked short FGs. WVU's longest drive was 20 yards until the 4th. WVU got 66 of their 175y in the 4th.

Syracuse only had 10 more first half yards, but led by 25.

Cuse got TD "drives" of 6, 15, 17 yards following Tulane special team blunders (blk'd punt, muffed punt, tipped/blk'd punt).

Tulane also had 1st and goal at the 5 on their first series, but had to kick FG. Then near end of first half had 1st and goal at the 1, but had to kick FG and it was blk'd (ended Santos 26 in a row streak).

Crushing defeat for San Diego St.

SD St had more yards and first downs until halfway through 4th when they still led 28-30 after long Ore St TD drive.

With 2:31 left SD St QB was either trying to throw the ball away (and had nothing on it) or badly overthrew a RB in the flat and Beavers INT's for short TD ret and the lead 34-28. SD St lead for the majority of the game.

Would not have effected overall outcome, but San Jose St was SOD at the Min 15 and fumbled at the Min 8 in the 1st qrt. Fales threw a 3rd qrt INT that led to Min 12y TD 'drive'.

Gophers won by 19 and did have 25-16 FD edge, but SJ St had 486-424 yard edge and was -3 TOs (plus the SOD).

Last edited:
Maine had FD and yardage edges, but NW scored twice on D and won by 14. First half yards were dead even, but 14-0 NW.

FAU offense had just 7 fewer yards yesterday (503) than they had in their last 2 games vs USF and ECU combined (510) and they allowed as many pts (42) as they allowed in their last 2 games combined.

Utah was the better team last night, although BYU did penetrated the Utah 30 5x and only got one TD. Drives ended in punt (after penalty moved them back), 1st down at 19 = missed FG, 1st down at 16 = FG, 1st & G at the 3 = FG, 1st & G at the 7 = downs.

Johnny Manziel only played one series in the 2nd half (led 39-6 at time - 42-13 final).

LSU had a 222-119 first half yard edge (21-0), Auburn had a 328-219 second half yard edge. Aub's first ended in fumble near midfield, their next drive ended in fumble at LSU 10. Later LSU fumbled at Aub 7. Up 28-7 LSU ran a fake FG that was SOD at Aub 6.

ULM only had 14 yards total in the second half!

Rice threw an INT on 1st and 10 at the Houston 18 and missed 2 FGs in the game. Houston did settle for a FG from the 7 yard line.

UNT scored on a 99y KO ret TD and a blk'd punt for TD (14 of their 21 pts). UGA's 2nd drive was INT'd in the EZ.

Is it even possible that FIU finished with 30 yards of total offense and just 2 first downs? Due to field position 8 of LV's scoring drives were less than 50y (and four 35y or less).

Tenn and UF combined for 9 turnovers.

La Tech never trailed until the final game winning FG by KU as time expired.

UAB only had 110 more yards than NW St but won by 24 (FDs even at 21 - not garbage time yards for NW St).

UTEP's only TD was a 100y KO ret.

Rutgers -3 TOs, but had 10 more FDs and 117 more yards and took their first lead of the game with about 5m left.

Always informative thread. Sk must have 8 tvs dude a machine.

I just read box scores/drive charts/play-by-play fast. Multiple TVs just leaves partial memories of things I saw, can't remember it all.

Only 6 TVs, pretty old school set up...I need to upgrade someday.

View attachment 32745

I just read box scores/drive charts/play-by-play fast. Multiple TVs just leaves partial memories of things I saw, can't remember it all.

Only 6 TVs, pretty old school set up...I need to upgrade someday.

View attachment 32745

I love this post.
Reminds me of a pik that wife took of me with 6 TV's on dog sitting at my feet. It was back in '95 or thereabouts when I had split cable plus a rabbit ears or three. The sixth set was in B & W.

Now we live in a more modernized setting and I'm down to 3 TV's. Yes, I do miss a lot of the action. But you shouldn't be surprised at the number of times when all three stations are in commercial mode. I will sometimes switch a channel to game 4 and what do I see? A commercial.

I used to make a bet with a friend that we would not have commercial on all 3 ( at that time ) TVs in 40 minutes. In those days it was an even bet. NOW ???? I'll give you 13 minutes, 4 channels, at even money without commercials and beat your ass consistently.

repeat- love your post.. wifey does, too

I was sitting on a comfortable lead in the No Carolina - Geo Tech game getting 7 pts and GT goes for it on 4th and 1 at the goal line. RB Sims is hit right at goal line, fumbles and heels defense takes it the other way about 20 yds. B4 replay, this would have almost meant "game over' even in first half. But replay showed that Sims had made ( but not crossed ) the plane before the ball came out. Replay was definitive- no argument - except -- was he in full control of the ball ?? Maybe not quite convincing enuff to overcall the ruling on the field ???

I know all of you have experienced this. When a play goes against you on one screen, there is an interception against you on screen 2, your play is stuffed by the D on screen three, and the ribbon at the bottom of the screen shows touchdowns for Wake and Syracuse when you have bet on Army and Tulane. Oh well. All bad/good things come in bunches.

To add to Bull's comments regarding the GT game .. UNC also completed a beautiful pass for a long TD that was called back on penalty. It also started to rain much harder right about halftime and that seemed to aid the jackets and hurt the heels. The play at the Goalline did appear to be a TD at least but it was close.

Latech had to work extra hard to lose that game.

Also, the Rutgers score was not deceiving but the big lead by Arkansas was. Without Allen, Arkansas was incapable of completing a forward pass and rarely even looked to complete one. Rutgers dominated the first quarter but missed a fg and had turnover to end another drive. Rutgers forced a fumble which they returned for a TD but it was reversed by replay .. thought it was a fumble and I held a losing Arkansas ticket ... so I was biased and still thought it was a Rutgers TD. No way that should have been reversed. However, Punt Return for TD and another huge punt return in the second half is what really spirited the Rutgers comeback. So the score is probably about right but don't think that the Arkansas backers got unlucky to lose there... Rutgers was the better team.

All kinds of misleading stuff regarding weather too ...

Incidentally, that is quite a few big plays for Rutgers in the return game this month .. at some point might have to start worrying they aren't just getting lucky

I'm sure there are alot of people that have better set ups than mine, but it's cool that you guys like it.

When I redo it someday or the advice that I would give to anyone wanting to do their own is to have two big TVs and then a handful of complimentary small ones. Friends, family, people with other bets, are always trying to influence what game(s) are on the big TV, so I wish I had two 50+ inch sized TVs side-by-side.

Back