Please post any misleading scores that you find in week 3. Need you guys!!

• Thread starter Thread starter Gyno
  • Start date Start date
G

Gyno

Did you see any misleading scores? If so please mention them.

Its impossible to look through all the box scores and see all the games. Thats why we work together here and mention
misleading scores..

Did you witness any?

Oregon should've won by more and hung 70+...I don't see this team getting beat by anyone in the PAC12...

Northern Illinois was not as good as I thought...

Minnesota's backup QB Liedner is better than starter Nelson...

D2

Savannah St won outright 27-20

Fort Valley St led 1st downs 23/14 yards 445/243 top 35-25 rush yards 195-17

Ball St had 5 Turnovers, that sure helped No.TX rally and beat em.

Four of those turnovers were before halftime for Ball, and they never punted until I believe late in the 3rd quarter. Also, it was very hot in Denton, but they're used to that down there. The Ball State sidelines were in the sun throughout, while UNT had shade the whole second half on theirs.

Didn't know that about the sun.. Thanks rex, you always post good stuff..

just try to help out like everyone else, doc.

They visibily wore down in the 2nd half, their lines on both sides got whipped the whole 2nd half. I bet Ball big and i was sick. Game should have been put away before halftime. One score came defensively right after a fumber at the 5 yard line, but the other 3 turnovers all impeded scoring chances.

from winone

Wash 34 - Ill 24
UW completely dominated this game
- Passing 342 - 191
- Rushing 273 - 136
But had over 100 yards in penalties and had 2 TO's. They were up 31-10 and cruising before letting Illini add 14 points late in the game

Marshall outgained Ohio 482-339, Cato was 30 of 45 for 366. MU had 28-19 FD edge and they converted 9 of 13 3rd down.

MU fumbled their first poss at midfield. Marshall fumbled their 2nd poss deep in own terr, but OU missed FG.

After OU kicked a FG in the 2nd qrt, MU fumbled the KO and OU fell on it in EZ for TD. 17-7 OU.

In the 4th it was 31-24 OU, when a MU rec slipped, but Cato threw the ball anyway and OU got INT at the MU 30, eventually burning 5m and then FG for 10 pt lead. Marshall lost 4 TOs, killing one drive, and directly leading to 10 Ohio pts on two others (Ohio had zero TOs).

Ohio RBs only combined for 27 att for 48 yards. OU had a wildcat Qb gain 31y on 4 att. Tettleton was sacked twice and finished with -17y. Marshall run D was good, they'll need that this week.

Iowa State had 48 1st half yards to Iowa's 196, but it was only 13-0 Hawks. It was 27-7 after Iowa scored on a clock killing drive with 7m left, but ISU would get 82y and 59y TD drives (after onside kick) for 44% of their yards and make the game look closer than it was. Their only TD prior to that was a guy who broke a tackle and 64y after catch.

Wyoming scored on 2 INT returns (39 and 50 yards) and also blk'd a FG vs Northern Colorado.

Oregon should've won by more and hung 70+...I don't see this team getting beat by anyone in the PAC12...

Northern Illinois was not as good as I thought...

Minnesota's backup QB Liedner is better than starter Nelson...

Agree.. oregon coulda hung more. If they plau a high powered offense over under should be 83-89

After ECU's opening 75y TD drive, the did not have a drive longer than 35y the rest of the game. VT did have TD drives of 11p-70y and 10p-75y, but otherwise their best drives were 43 (missed FG) and 39 yards. VT missed 2 FG and x pt. ECU lost 3 TOs to VTs 1. Edmunds only ran for 42y on 21 att.

E Mich had 21-12 and 373-274 TY and 38-22 TOP and even 7 of 19 to 1 of 8 3rd down conv % edges. The difference was RU had 99y KO ret TD along with 55 and 52y TD runs. EM missed 2 FGs.

I don't know if this qualifies as misleading or not, but WVU gained 400 more yards than GSU, and against a team of that quality should have covered easily. By contrast, FSU outgained Reno by the same margin and won 62-7.

Not a misleading score comment but Nevada lost a halfdozen starters to injury over the course of that game. Keep eye on their injury report

Four of those turnovers were before halftime for Ball, and they never punted until I believe late in the 3rd quarter. Also, it was very hot in Denton, but they're used to that down there. The Ball State sidelines were in the sun throughout, while UNT had shade the whole second half on theirs.

I'm not sure about other states, but almost all of our stadiums are oriented N/S......I say almost because I can think of one HS stadium that is E/W. As disclaimer, I don't know every stadium in TX..........but we will put the visitors on the east side.
Permian was visitors in Abilene , once(neutral site) and it was 107. We left after half. Brutal.

I think Floyd-Casey runs E/W.
I'm sure all stadiums in the old days were N/S just for visibility concerns.
But yeah, we plan to bake your butt here if you're the visitor.
Come to think of it. The Cotton Bowl is E/W, cuz I've frozen my butt off sitting on the southside with a 40 mph north wind hitting me in the face..........didn't matter we beat ND and Tim Brown.

Not misleading but there's reasons why FCS schools are favorite against FIU...even otr!

FIU cannot stop nor run the ball...or get off the field for that matter!

Bethune Cookman:

52-311yds; 6.0 avg/rush
19 FD
TOP: 34:15

FIU:

33-73yds; 2.2avg/rush
9 FD
TOP: 25:45

Back