Playoff Sunday 1/21

spanishshark

Youngest guy on the forum
I made my picks over a week ago and also played them. As of right now I havent seen anything to make me go against either bet. Here is what I have:

Saints +3 ...Honestly, the Saints remind me a little bit of the Steelers last year. They seem hungry and have been playing pretty consistent, hard pounding football. I just havent been impressed with Grossman and the Bears. If Grossman plays like he did last week, this match wont even be close. I think the Saints win outright.

Colts -3...I never thought that I would be playing against Belichick and Brady plus giving them points to boot. But this is what I think. First of all, and this is fresh news, the Colts are riddled with the flu right now and 3 players already missed practice because of it. Now , I dont know how much weight you can place on this because they have so much medication for these guys that they could actually be and still play a good game....haha....It might and might not be a factor. Also, Rodney Harrison will not be playing due to his strained MCL. Also remember that the Colts beat NE last November 27-20 as 3 point dogs. My point is, Dungy is starting to figure out Belichick and since then, Colts defense has significantly improved. I also stated in someone elses thread that I dont think if the Colts win that its going to be because of Manning's arm but because of Adam Vinatieri's foot. Its going to be pretty ironic if thats what happens in this game. I see it as a pretty defensive game with the Colts coming out on top as long as they dont melt down at the end like the Bolts did.
GOOD LUCK GENTLEMEN :cheers:

Last edited:
The bears arent gettin any credit which is odd. I dont think it comes down to grossman tom. I think its more with the bears defense. If i were to bet i would take the pats and saints but since i dont have a book right now i cant

G luck

Hutch...lets do it :shake:

abcs......havent you learned not to be on the wrong side of the Shark when it comes to playoffs? JK:cheers:

RJ....I hope so. It would be a great start on your site :wacka wacka: :shake:

Good luck Shark, nice to have you on the forum.

I've been analyzing back and forth, and arrived at Colts being great value on home turf. Besides, they are pumped up, whereas Pats are due for a letdown after stealing the win at SD.

I took the ML for increased stakes. The juice on the -3 is too high.

LET'S WIN THIS - and cash on the under too.

Estimate: Colts 23 - Pats 16

gl the COLTS will hit today by 10 love the saints just a nice situation here for a bears team the last 4 home games did not play to expectations I personally feel the bears are an overated team yeah call me crazy but they are they had a good start but that tampa game made me see a different side of that team. lovie can say destiny team all he wants but the fact of the matter is DESTINY will kick the bears ass today as the SAINTS prevail 27-23

Mimir, ineed$$, Throwback420.....Good luck to all of you today :shake:

I think the theme song for tonights game between Pats and Colts should be the Doors' "Break on through". Break on through to the other side, break on through to the other side.....:wacka wacka: The time has come for Tony Dungy and Payton Manning to blow down some doors and get passed a team that has killed their Superbowl dreams 2 times already. Manning, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne and Joseph Addai will do their damage against New Englands 3-4 defense but....its gonna be up to the Colt's Defense to put the pain in the game for Brady and turn this place into the Horror Dome...haha Indy's improved defense is not just because of the return of Bob Sanders, it's a zone scheme that lets Colts defenders clog up lanes that were wide open during the season,hah. Without room to run or cut back, this Patriots offense will whither away and die. Remember, the Colts defense allowed 173 yards rushing per game during the regular season, the worst in the NFL, but in their last 2 games they have only allowed 127 yds rushing and 1 TD combined. Is it a fluke they have stepped it up and become better defensively? Not in your wildest dreams. This is all part of the Dungy plan and he will show more of it today. The development of defensive tackle Anthony McFarland, acquired in October is also part of the key ingredient the Colts needed. Get ready to be SURPRISED today my friends. Good luck to all :beer: :23_50_4:

BlitzBandit said:
thinking Colts as well.. but damn that game is tough.. gl bud

The game is tough but we're tougher..haha :wacka wacka: I just want to kill my local. I told you im with a local now, right? Man I hate that. I dont know whats happening with Netteller so Im holding back on opening with another book right now. :shake:

Heading out to watch the games..When I return I hope I'll be laying in money; money; money; money; Good luck gang :wacka wacka:

Well...Bears defense showed up and opened up a can of whoopass on the Saints. This is a classic example of the old cliche "Defense wins Championships" Yes indeed. I mean....Rex Grossman is playing in the Superbowl? :new_shocked: OMG Congratulations Bears backers :shake:

The Colts did something I did not expect them to do against New England, and not in my wildest dreams would I have wagered that they could come back from an 18 point deficit. Holy cow. But they did it. I was really nervous at the end with Tom Brady on the move but Colts defense came through again. Since I had lost the first game I added a little more to my Colts play at - 3 1/2 so I did OK. Nevertheless, I still split. Congratulations:wacka wacka: Colts backers. :shake:

congrats shark and colts backers by far biggest play ever for me to bad on the saints but the big one with the COLTS beat of health BOL

wagering favors the prepared mind

I stuck with my guns on Chicago, which eventually turned to a blowout.... thank god too.. haha.. but I just knew that Indy game was going to be all haywire and screwy... I ended up avoiding it completely... but damn.. realistically, that thing did go down to the wire and could have gone either way...

good job on adding a little extra on the colts bud... let's keep things rolling into the Bowl.

Hey Shark, Thanks for the birthday shout nice call on the colts, I was on the other side but great game anyways.

Back