*********** Playoff Run 9-2-1. Superbowl - Denver vs Seattle. ************

• Thread starter Thread starter The Capping Genius
  • Start date Start date
T

The Capping Genius

A good playoff run at 9-2-1 +60.14 units

Played this just minutes after Seahawks game at 5 Dimes.

Denver Pk over Seattle
15 units.

The Seattle Seahawks are one of a few teams that struggle on the road. The Patriots are another, as I wrote in my selection on Denver over New England.
The Seahawks have already played in Giants Stadium and beat the Giants 23-0. Weather that day was 36 degrees. Pay special attention in this write up as to how this game played out here , Seahawks 23, Giants 0: Im using the bold feature to point out the key components that likely won't happen again in the SB for the Hawks,

Marshawn Lynch rushed for a touchdown while Richard Sherman and Byron Maxwell had two interceptions apiece as visiting Seattle blanked New York to move closer to clinching the NFC West crown.

Steven Hauschka kicked three field goals and Russell Wilson threw a touchdown pass for the Seahawks (12-2), who will wrap up the division title with one more victory or one more San Francisco loss. Seattle limited the Giants (5-9) to 181 total yards and 12 first downs and didn’t allow New York to cross midfield until midway through the final quarter.

Eli Manning was intercepted a career-high five times and was 18-of-31 for 156 yards as the Giants were blanked at home for the first time since the opening game of the 1995 season. Manning has thrown a league-worst 25 interceptions – matching his career high for a season – and also raised his career count to 169, surpassing Charlie Conerly (167 from 1948-61) for most in franchise history.

The Seahawks intercepted Eli Manning three times in the first half en route to a very weak 13-0 lead at the break, considering the turnovers.. Lynch pounded his way into the end zone on a 2-yard run in the second quarter and Hauschka booted field goals of 49 and 44 yards.

Hauschka tacked on a 24-yard field goal in the third quarter. Maxwell intercepted Manning for the second time on the first play of the final period and Wilson tossed a 12-yard scoring pass to Doug Baldwin with 12:13 remaining. Earl Thomas later notched the club’s fifth interception with 4:17 to play.
Basically the Giants were in a funk and stunk.

The Seahawks are not too good in road tilts. Although they only had only 3 losses for the season they are still a huge risk against a team that rarely beats itself. Seattle also has averaged only 23 pts per game traveling. They are superior on defense only allowing 15 points per game., BUT WHEN FACING PLAYOFF CALIBER TEAMS THEY ARE INCONSISTENT.

They stopped New Orleans twice, but barely beat them in the playoff game. In fact - Brees was terrible going 24 of 43 passing. Even at home, the Hawks were out gained by 150 yds.
They were held in the red statistically by 4 of the last 5 teams, - meaning that they never rolled up 300 total yards on offense. They were out gained by SF in the Championship game.
They lost to the Colts, in Indy, (so did Denver) and they struggled with Arizona who nearly made the playoffs, scoring just 10 points in a 17-10 loss at home.
Nothing the Seahawks have done is impressive IMO. I'm not taking away their wins, but its how they win that is so misleading, as to think of them as a traditional power-house team, that we usually see with only 3 losses.

Rolling in road games with only 23 points per game isnt enough to win a super bowl against a team that repeatedly puts up 30 or more pts per game. Scoring 23 pts per game against playoff teams inst terrible, but it leaves a lot of room for speculation. The game against the Giants is a focus point because it shows that they still don't dominate against self destructive teams. They were lucky to beat SF and did so because SF self-destructed with interceptions.
Either way, if SF was here for this game the result would still be Denver winning.

There is one big glaring fact that I won't bet against - Manning. Wilson isnt a good QB but plays within a system well. He will do much what Kaepernick did in the last game when he is up against Manning. If the Pats got here instead of Denver, Brady would win as well. Wilson was helped by Kaepernick mistakes. The Hawks were able to only score a fg in the first half.
As for defenses, the Broncos did well with starters coming back. Both teams held the 2 playoff opponents to and avg of 16pts per game and allowed neither to reach 20. Holding Payton to less than 28 is going to be nearly impossible, and if they don't then the win is obvious.

In my comparative analysis of a similar team, I compare Seattle with Kansas City. The Chiefs were sensational in the public betting world the first 9 games of the season. They won only one game of those nine without the benefit of a turnover advantage. Seattle has won much like them as well, but will be facing a QB that has set the record for passing this year with only 10 int's all season and throwing 47 touchdowns.

As for experience - and potential - ask yourself who of these 4 championship playoff QB's would you choose to start on your superbowl team.

Manning
Brady
Kaepernick
Wilson/

GL

Last edited by a moderator:
A good playoff run at 9-2-1 +60.14 units

Played this just minutes after Seahawks game at 5 Dimes.

Denver Pk over Seattle
15 units.

The Seattle Seahawks are one of a few teams that struggle on the road. The Patriots are another, as I wrote in my selection on Denver over New England.
The Seahawks have already played in Giants Stadium and beat the Giants 23-0. Weather that day was 36 degrees. Pay special attention in this write up as to how this game played out here , Seahawks 23, Giants 0: Im using the bold feature to point out the key components that likely won't happen again in the SB for the Hawks,

Marshawn Lynch rushed for a touchdown while Richard Sherman and Byron Maxwell had two interceptions apiece as visiting Seattle blanked New York to move closer to clinching the NFC West crown.

Steven Hauschka kicked three field goals and Russell Wilson threw a touchdown pass for the Seahawks (12-2), who will wrap up the division title with one more victory or one more San Francisco loss. Seattle limited the Giants (5-9) to 181 total yards and 12 first downs and didn’t allow New York to cross midfield until midway through the final quarter.

Eli Manning was intercepted a career-high five times and was 18-of-31 for 156 yards as the Giants were blanked at home for the first time since the opening game of the 1995 season. Manning has thrown a league-worst 25 interceptions – matching his career high for a season – and also raised his career count to 169, surpassing Charlie Conerly (167 from 1948-61) for most in franchise history.

The Seahawks intercepted Eli Manning three times in the first half en route to a very weak 13-0 lead at the break, considering the turnovers.. Lynch pounded his way into the end zone on a 2-yard run in the second quarter and Hauschka booted field goals of 49 and 44 yards.

Hauschka tacked on a 24-yard field goal in the third quarter. Maxwell intercepted Manning for the second time on the first play of the final period and Wilson tossed a 12-yard scoring pass to Doug Baldwin with 12:13 remaining. Earl Thomas later notched the club’s fifth interception with 4:17 to play.
Basically the Giants were in a funk and stunk.

The Seahawks are not too good in road tilts. Although they only had only 3 losses for the season they are still a huge risk against a team that rarely beats itself. Seattle also has averaged only 23 pts per game traveling. They are superior on defense only allowing 15 points per game., BUT WHEN FACING PLAYOFF CALIBER TEAMS THEY ARE INCONSISTENT.

They stopped New Orleans twice, but barely beat them in the playoff game. In fact - Brees was terrible going 24 of 43 passing. Even at home, the Hawks were out gained by 150 yds.
They were held in the red statistically by 4 of the last 5 teams, - meaning that they never rolled up 300 total yards on offense. They were out gained by SF in the Championship game.
They lost to the Colts, in Indy, (so did Denver) and they struggled with Arizona who nearly made the playoffs, scoring just 10 points in a 17-10 loss at home.
Nothing the Seahawks have done is impressive IMO. I'm not taking away their wins, but its how they win that is so misleading, as to think of them as a traditional power-house team, that we usually see with only 3 losses.

Rolling in road games with only 23 points per game isnt enough to win a super bowl against a team that repeatedly puts up 30 or more pts per game. Scoring 23 pts per game against playoff teams inst terrible, but it leaves a lot of room for speculation. The game against the Giants is a focus point because it shows that they still don't dominate against self destructive teams. They were lucky to beat SF and did so because SF self-destructed with interceptions.
Either way, if SF was here for this game the result would still be Denver winning.

There is one big glaring fact that I won't bet against - Manning. Wilson isnt a good QB but plays within a system well. He will do much what Kaepernick did in the last game when he is up against Manning. If the Pats got here instead of Denver, Brady would win as well. Wilson was helped by Kaepernick mistakes. The Hawks were able to only score a fg in the first half.
As for defenses, the Broncos did well with starters coming back. Both teams held the 2 playoff opponents to and avg of 16pts per game and allowed neither to reach 20. Holding Payton to less than 28 is going to be nearly impossible, and if they don't then the win is obvious.

In my comparative analysis of a similar team, I compare Seattle with Kansas City. The Chiefs were sensational in the public betting world the first 9 games of the season. They won only one game of those nine without the benefit of a turnover advantage. Seattle has won much like them as well, but will be facing a QB that has set the record for passing this year with only 10 int's all season and throwing 47 touchdowns.

As for experience - and potential - ask yourself who of these 4 championship playoff QB's would you choose to start on your superbowl team.

Manning
Brady
Kaepernick
Wilson/

GL
I would take brady 100 percent

Kaep is a one read and run QB. He would be 4/4 on the list you have in my judgement. But, I agree with your top two. You got a hell of a line bc I feel strongly somebody is gonna be kicking a FG to win/lose this game and that's what really matters in this thread. BOL.

Glad to see you on this one. Just missed Denver +1 at the open but I've got them at a pick as well. Some good cappers on the other side of this one, GL!

I would take brady 100 percent

U cant go wrong on him or Manning

Kaep is a one read and run QB. He would be 4/4 on the list you have in my judgement. But, I agree with your top two. You got a hell of a line bc I feel strongly somebody is gonna be kicking a FG to win/lose this game and that's what really matters in this thread. BOL.

I dont see it close. Hawks dont catch up well away. GL 2u

Glad to see you on this one. Just missed Denver +1 at the open but I've got them at a pick as well. Some good cappers on the other side of this one, GL!

Yea, some good cappers on both sides.
The Seahawka defense is over rated imo. Unless they hold Denver to the lowest score of any of the previous 47 losers, there is a good chance that they may be the lowest scoring loser themselves.
Go Broncos and GL

TCG - With you on the game. Nice to see a solid capper on Denver - you've been added to the other 3 I have found so far,

capp gl in the sb

Thanks d. Same 2 u.
First time SB qb against a guy like Manning could be in for a long learning curve.

It's been said that Wilson has followed Brees and trying to be like him. Brees is Brees, and the only "Wilson" I recall that meant much, is the soccer ball 'Wilson' in the movie with Tom Hanks ...Castaway.

TCG - With you on the game. Nice to see a solid capper on Denver - you've been added to the other 3 I have found so far,
Thanks for the complement. I hope you 'takeit' to the bank. :shake:

Congrats to the Seattle winners.:shake:

Finished playoffs at 9-3-1 +43.64 units.

Back