Playoff Predictions Thread

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Nice time of year to start speculating. Who will make it in? Clinch home field? When will the Pats or Chiefs lose?

Wasn’t sure they could fully convince me and still little skeptical but I’m feeling bears to possibly upset all the saints rams nfc champ game. Think they at least get to that point and not all that crazy to think they could end up winning it.

If chargers weren’t the chargers I’d say they were the unquestionable favorites to go out of afc.

C/P from the ingame but I enjoy this stuff if for no reason other than to think about it. Not likely stuff, but can certainly justify it more than needing 4 teams to lose and a tie type shit.

Nice time of year to start firing away some bold predictions that would lose 90+% of the time and can be updated weekly, first one on my mind is that NE will be knocked out of the tournament by IND or BAL (led by JACK Flaccoon) on wild card weekend. Only got a couple minutes or would fire that thread up...still holding out hope for my Baltimore over Seattle in the SB from before the season

Baltimore has to win out to get in, seems hard.

Winner of Indy at titans would get in if Baltimore doesn't win out. Edge Titans obviously.

Whatever scrub team plays at Soldier Field wild card weekend will not score double digits

Meanwhile the MARINERS will hold Dallas under 17 pts in hell that weekend

Randy Johnson is pretty lethal. Craig Biggio can‘t touch him

Whatever scrub team plays at Soldier Field wild card weekend will not score double digits

Meanwhile the MARINERS will hold Dallas under 17 pts in hell that weekend

Bears will be getting a bye after niners pull one last division upset!

Bears/chargers sb!!

Any value on Minnesota +4500? Their offensive line has been their biggest weakness imo, I’m wondering if the OC change will fix things. Now I don’t think they can go into NOLA and beat the saints but I do think they can compete at LAR or Chicago.

If they're the 6 seed they would have to go to NO if they get past WC weekend (assume NO is the 1 at this point)

Indy/Tennessee matchup Week 17 figures to be a play-in game on Sunday night. Hard to see either of them losing at home this week to Giants and Skins, and also hard to see both Ravens and Steelers winning on the road at LAC and NO.

Would hate to see the fear in Dallas if they blow this week's game against Tampa, think they'll get it done and rest some guys at the Giants.

Texans have a tough matchup this week at Philly, could blow the #2 seed very easily.

Bears/Vikings week 17 all depends a lot on whether Bears will have anything to play for. Could be a situation where if the Bears win they knock out the Vikings and if they lose the Vikings go to Chicago for wild-card weekend.

KC-Seattle the other week 16 game with HUGE implications for both teams. Seattle only needs one win to clinch a spot, doesn't need to be this week. But like Dallas, a win this week would let them sit some guys.

Any value on Minnesota +4500? Their offensive line has been their biggest weakness imo, I’m wondering if the OC change will fix things. Now I don’t think they can go into NOLA and beat the saints but I do think they can compete at LAR or Chicago.

I def think there value cause I have always thought they were talented enough to beat anyone. I just don’t think they have a offensive identity and not sold firing oc fixes that more than was a temporary bandaid in a great spot last week.. right now I’d say I think whoever gets them in the wc round should be incredibly scared but don’t think they can put together 3 straight A performances it take to make it.. if they look good offensively this week in Detroit I might start changing my mind but I fully expect that lions game to be low scoring, so pissed books came with such a sharp total in that one, they looking to crush over bettors with that number imho.

Seems like the last couple years at least has shown week 17 to be very squarish, I don't recall anything really crazy happening...those who needed to won. Just seems like this is the kind of season where there are several good but not a great team that something nuts could happen. Used to be at least something week 17 made you go WTF

Eagles in 2008 where Texans had to beat Bears, Raiders had to beat TB, Eagles had to beat DAL...all happened

Was at Sun Devil in 2003 when Cards were 3-12 and Josh McCown to Nate Poole to get Packers in with :00 on the clock, grown men crying all over the field

But 2006...crazy. Couldn't remember what KC needed and watching youtube now, I remember sitting in the lobby bar at the Grand Hyatt in SD watching all of it go down.
-Chiefs needed to beat Jags at Arrowhead and did by 5
-Needed Titans (alive) to lose to Pats (already clinched) who played Brady the entire game at TEN, Pats win by 19
-Needed Steelers (eliminated) to win at Bengals (alive)...PIT kicks FG to send to OT, then Ben to Santonio in OT for the winner

After all that...afternoon game

-Needed 6-9 Niners to go into Mile Hi and beat 9-6 Broncos...Donks 13-0 early lead, Niners come back and force OT...2 minutes left in OT and Niners field goal to win. He misses, Denver can take knees as a tie woulda put them in.

That day was completely nuts....hoping we get one of those sometime soon.

I would actually like to see a line for them to NOT get into the playoffs. Apparently all the planets need to align for that to happen but if anyone can fuck up a free lunch it's the Vikes. Be worth if for a fan to throw down lunch money to help ease the pain when they somehow choke.

Seems like the last couple years at least has shown week 17 to be very squarish, I don't recall anything really crazy happening...those who needed to won. Just seems like this is the kind of season where there are several good but not a great team that something nuts could happen. Used to be at least something week 17 made you go WTF

Eagles in 2008 where Texans had to beat Bears, Raiders had to beat TB, Eagles had to beat DAL...all happened

Was at Sun Devil in 2003 when Cards were 3-12 and Josh McCown to Nate Poole to get Packers in with :00 on the clock, grown men crying all over the field

But 2006...crazy. Couldn't remember what KC needed and watching youtube now, I remember sitting in the lobby bar at the Grand Hyatt in SD watching all of it go down.
-Chiefs needed to beat Jags at Arrowhead and did by 5
-Needed Titans (alive) to lose to Pats (already clinched) who played Brady the entire game at TEN, Pats win by 19
-Needed Steelers (eliminated) to win at Bengals (alive)...PIT kicks FG to send to OT, then Ben to Santonio in OT for the winner

After all that...afternoon game

-Needed 6-9 Niners to go into Mile Hi and beat 9-6 Broncos...Donks 13-0 early lead, Niners come back and force OT...2 minutes left in OT and Niners field goal to win. He misses, Denver can take knees as a tie woulda put them in.

That day was completely nuts....hoping we get one of those sometime soon.

I think niners gonna be responsible for getting bears the 2 seed!! Bears beat them this week then niners upset rams week 17!! Be great if bears put it on them and we got a bunch of points against rams and nice fat money line to sprinkle!! Lol. Just a feeling.

I think niners gonna be responsible for getting bears the 2 seed!! Bears beat them this week then niners upset rams week 17!! Be great if bears put it on them and we got a bunch of points against rams and nice fat money line to sprinkle!! Lol. Just a feeling.
I'm fairly confident in the Niners this week, not often I say that. Both teams certainly are in poor spots (sorry I do take the locker room looking like a nightclub seriously, especially for team traveling to the coast to play a dweller) and pretty sure Shanahan won't let some of these guys playing for jobs dwell too much on the SEA win.

I'm fairly confident in the Niners this week, not often I say that. Both teams certainly are in poor spots (sorry I do take the locker room looking like a nightclub seriously, especially for team traveling to the coast to play a dweller) and pretty sure Shanahan won't let some of these guys playing for jobs dwell too much on the SEA win.

If Nagy half the motivator as he is playcaller I just can’t see him letting his team take their eye off the prize just cause the div locked up, his team playing too well for that to be their goal. They should be seeking that 2 seed w everything they got as I think them getting a bye then game at home puts them in the nfc championship!! Imo it insane bears laying less than Seattle against niners when I thought that was a way better game for niners to win for 1000 reasons. But as you know situational capping a huge weakness for me so maybe I’m wrong being against you guys who believe this great spot for niners. God knows wouldn’t be the 1st time but I’m all over bears.

I'm all over home Bears and not so much on road Bears at this point

Think one of the few preseason things I got right was Bears making the playoffs, had Vikes winning division tho...guess it's possible I might go 5/6 playoffs in the NFC, didn't have Dallas I know that

Indy/Tennessee matchup Week 17 figures to be a play-in game on Sunday night. Hard to see either of them losing at home this week to Giants and Skins, and also hard to see both Ravens and Steelers winning on the road at LAC and NO.

Texans have a tough matchup this week at Philly, could blow the #2 seed very easily..

Colts @ Titans could be for the Division as well.
Texans have Philly & Division rival Jax left.... ya never know in that game

Alot IF's in those last 2 games for all 3 teams.

Reactions: KJ
1. Kansas City
2. New England
3. Houston
4. Baltimore
5. LA Chargers
6. Indianapolis

1. New Orleans
2. LA Rams
3. Chicago
4. Dallas
5. Seattle
6. Philadelphia

Could certainly be wrong!

I'm all over home Bears and not so much on road Bears at this point

Think one of the few preseason things I got right was Bears making the playoffs, had Vikes winning division tho...guess it's possible I might go 5/6 playoffs in the NFC, didn't have Dallas I know that

I was pretty high on chargers as Sb team coming into year but who wasn’t? then when kc came out and thumped them I kinda just thought “oh right, almost forgot this what they do” lol.. this week I think decides both chargers and chiefs fate in a big way. Actually think chargers would have far better shot as the 5 than the chiefs would, imo if kc loses the div they get bounced, I’d be fading them hard in the wc round wherever they end up. I wouldn’t be against chargers in wc round, not sure if I’d be on cause just depend who and where they be playing.

I was pretty high on chargers as Sb team coming into year but who wasn’t? then when kc came out and thumped them I kinda just thought “oh right, almost forgot this what they do” lol.. this week I think decides both chargers and chiefs fate in a big way. Actually think chargers would have far better shot as the 5 than the chiefs would, imo if kc loses the div they get bounced, I’d be fading them hard in the wc round wherever they end up. I wouldn’t be against chargers in wc round, not sure if I’d be on cause just depend who and where they be playing.
Before the season I wanted to try a couple fringe playoff teams for the SB and Balty looked so solid, SEA tossed. Then the scripts flipped, long season.

Can you imagine if Balt makes it as the 6 and has to go to NE as the 3....and Harbaugh starts Flacco? Man that would be so great. AFC playoffs are going to be tons o fun on paper.

I was high on balty too now that you mention it I remember talking bout them in one thread or another. Loved the John brown pick up and he has stayed healthy! Only problem is with Lamar he really doesn’t mean shit! Lol., he would hit pats for couple big plays if he had someone to throw a deep ball! (Which makes your Flacco thought intriguing!). God how sweet it be to get a td in that game?? Think I’ve bet ravens every time they went to foxboro the last 20 years, lol. And bet pats every time they played Steelers (until last week, didn’t touch!).

Colts @ Titans could be for the Division as well.
Texans have Philly & Division rival Jax left.... ya never know in that game

Alot IF's in those last 2 games for all 3 teams.

Would sell my left soul to see Jax give a damn on the road

Would sell my left soul to see Jax give a damn on the road

They can care all they want, you would have to sell lot more parts to have them beat Texans if game meaningful to them. Even at their best they at least a td worse thanks to that pathetic excuse for a offense that has what 1 nfl caliber player on it? The weeks he plays anyways!! lol

They can care all they want, you would have to sell lot more parts to have them beat Texans if game meaningful to them. Even at their best they at least a td worse thanks to that pathetic excuse for a offense that has what 1 nfl caliber player on it? The weeks he plays anyways!! lol

Texans have nobody to look ahead to then since its week 17 plus Jags struggle vs mobile qb‘s literally no reason why Houston doesn‘t win easily

Desean is going to be a tough out in the playoffs.

He will show up and him and Hopkins are the best combo in the league maybe other than Mahomes and Conley

1. Kansas City
2. New England
3. Houston
4. Baltimore
5. LA Chargers
6. Indianapolis

1. New Orleans
2. LA Rams
3. Chicago
4. Dallas
5. Seattle
6. Philadelphia

Could certainly be wrong!
Wild card weekend
Saturday late afternoon - Indy at Houston
Saturday night - Philly at Chicago
Sunday early - LAC at Baltimore
Sunday late - Seattle at Dallas

Divisional weekend
Saturday late afternoon - at LA Rams
Saturday night - at New England
Sunday early - at KC
Sunday late - at NO

The ole 430 Houston or Cincy Saturday slot. It's tradition.
I swear I've seen the Texans on Sat afternoon 15 straight years no matter what history says. Other than a Jets-Chiefs and Colts-Chiefs, both clearly memorable

Bears to win NFC. Rams and AInt's Chugging slowly to the finish line, neither team has looked as good last 3 weeks like the 1st 10.
Indy to win AFC. Like Rams and Aint's, KC and Pats limping towards the finish line. Luck comes through in the end.
INDY SB Champs.

Reactions: KJ
Bears to win NFC. Rams and AInt's Chugging slowly to the finish line, neither team has looked as good last 3 weeks like the 1st 10.
Indy to win AFC. Like Rams and Aint's, KC and Pats limping towards the finish line. Luck comes through in the end.
INDY SB Champs.
This is the kind of post that's great. Rematch! Can always change it next week but if the stars align it's brilliant

Ravens win out and take the North, Colts get in as the 6, Steelers miss out.

People use losing to the Ravens as an example of LAC “lacking killer instinct” despite two comeback wins in prime time at Pit and KC. They go into Baltimore and win on wild card weekend, handle an empirically inferior Houston team round 2 because Indy beats the Pats and goes to KC round 2, then go into KC and win again to make it to the Super Bowl.

NFC I have no inkling - Vikings institutional knowhow and their defense having ability to be top unit in any game they play makes them undervalued right now though.

:walking2::nono::nono::nonofinger::nono:
Not this year.

Though i guess at 4500, even though a LONG shot, there is some value in that with their D and newfound running game.

Though i guess at 4500, even though a LONG shot, there is some value in that with their D and newfound running game.
Yeah I mean they’re 45 to 1, not saying they’re winning it all- they might not even make the playoffs. But if they do get in, I think they can play with just about anyone and that’s why I think there’s some value there

NFC
Wild Card Round:
Seahawks over Boys
Bears over Vikings

Divisional:
Saints over Seahawks
Bears over Rams

NFC Championship:
Saints over Bears

AFC
Wild Card Round
Colts over Texans
Chiefs over Pitt

Divisional
Chargers over Colts
Chiefs over Pats

AFC Championship
Chargers over Chiefs

Super Bowl:
Saints over Chargers

INDY SB Champs.

Think you a year early with Indy. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if they upset someone but when push comes to shove the afc championship is their ceiling imo, in that game they gonna run into one those teams ahead of them also playing well and holds a talent edge along w home field., Indy a good draft away from going all the way.

Ravens win out and take the North, Colts get in as the 6, Steelers miss out.

People use losing to the Ravens as an example of LAC “lacking killer instinct” despite two comeback wins in prime time at Pit and KC. They go into Baltimore and win on wild card weekend, handle an empirically inferior Houston team round 2 because Indy beats the Pats and goes to KC round 2, then go into KC and win again to make it to the Super Bowl.

NFC I have no inkling - Vikings institutional knowhow and their defense having ability to be top unit in any game they play makes them undervalued right now though.

Baltimore looks incredibly legit. That week 17 game vs Cleveland gonna be a lot of fun.

Well lets see it Indy

Indy Houston such a coin flip. I wanna say I like Houston but I think coaching big when we talking bout teams who playing 3rd time. No question to me colts have the better coach., I love Indy teased up to +8.5

Indy Houston such a coin flip. I wanna say I like Houston but I think coaching big when we talking bout teams who playing 3rd time. No question to me colts have the better coach., I love Indy teased up to +8.5

That’s a solid play on the tease. I’m just still surprised I got all 12 spots right lol. Some funny things had to happen and did.

Back