Playoff instant-replay needs to be implemented... Angels got shafted

CapTwo

Richmond Local TV Legend
If it’s not evident after this game, that a replay system needs to be implemented, for occurences OTHER than home runs, youre out of your fuckin mind. It was a big step in the right direction, to bring them in this season for the HR Ball, and they’ve already reversed a couple bad calls. Good shit.

But this is the postseason. Work some trial system again throughout the regular season and put one in place next year. This is where it matters.
That pickoff call at 2<sup>nd</sup> was one of the worst calls ive ever seen. Aybar shielded the fucking bag with his glove, crisp didn’t even touch the base.
Not talking about miniscule things like check swings and strikes/balls…. But for foul balls and put outs and stuff of that nature.

You basically robbed a team of all its momentum….. rattled the closer…... and doomed them for the series. Baseball is such a psychological game too, little shit like that changes the outcome of a game/series so often, and its not right.

What an effort by the angels to come back in the 8<sup>th</sup> with the figgy triple, and this shit-dick ump deflates their balloon.
By far the best game of the postseason so far, and we didn’t even get to see extras.

Not buying the whole “well he still woulda given up a HR” argument..so you can save that one

No. Having to pitch to drew with 2 outs, and no one on, is a little different then having to pitch to him with crisp in SP and virtually any base hit that leaves the infield costs u a run. He can throw some sliders and work drew low and away to try to get him to swing at a bad pitch. And a walk or single doesn’t really bother you. Lot less pressure on his back.

I still give credit where its due, they made plays when they needed to and they won… though it was a lot of individual efforts as Bay basically won the first 1 2/3 games for them himself and drew finished it off.
I don’t believe we’re going to see k-rod in LA next season either lol...... a month ago this idiot was saying he would not hesitate to check out the free agent market, and he wanted 5 yr/75 million range. please...

Papelbon is an unhuman un-hittable force of nature. Every year he shows why he is the hands down best active postseason closer While k-rod, who did get shafted a little, sucked a dick:seeya:<o></o>

I agree, it was a wrong call, they'd still win I think, would probably have been a solo shot by Drew to win 6:5.

To claim it wouldn't well...is a bit of a stretch in my book, even though you can talk about that as well considering K Rod definitely was shaken by that call and he would have pitched differently with no one on. But still, we have to give credit where credit is due.

Boston won and basically won the series, well done.

I agree, it was a wrong call, they'd still win I think, would probably have been a solo shot by Drew to win 6:5.

To claim it wouldn't well...is a bit of a stretch in my book, even though you can talk about that as well considering K Rod definitely was shaken by that call and he would have pitched differently with no one on. But still, we have to give credit where credit is due.

Boston won and basically won the series, well done.

:shake:

Yeah dude... im not hating on them. They got it done.

I didnt make the thread to whine and complain like a covers-esque thread, just saying something should be put in place.

have u guys seen Scott Boras in the home plate seats on your TV screen behind Varitek?

he already has half the field as clients and each big hit they get...u see the dollar signs in his eyes

glad to see Boras client Drew come thru there....we will need him later in the post season

Id like to think K Rod would have got it done with 2 outs nobody on but he was hanging shit left and right and just flat out leaving the ball right over the plate...Who knows he may have got Drew out swinging at some shit and got out of it but I think he would have gotten hit anyway...He just didnt have his good stuff tonight

wouldnt know boras if i saw him, ret

i just know he represents the majority the team and hes a balla

C$$$-- yeah its hard to speculate with the "what if" crap, who really knows what woudl have happend?

but with replay at least we know the game ended how it should have.... and remove all doubt from our minds

at least you guys have solid assed teams that get to the postseason, lol.

here in VA the only thing we really have is DC united, and that dynasty has recently come to an end now too..:(

although the skins and caps are finally comin around after a long time coming....'an_horse'

just thought its funny that Boras sticks his ugly mug on camera...like he needs more attention

that win was huge for Sox....to have lost that game after leading it early on, to have used Pap for 2 innings, even with Becks going Sunday, the Mo would have been with Halos...big win, mental Mouse off their back with the string of playoff losses

Halos success at Fens this year is still a concern so sox at home still no cake walk

at least you guys have solid assed teams that get to the postseason, lol.

here in VA the only thing we really have is DC united, and that dynasty has recently come to an end now too..:(

although the skins and caps are finally comin around after a long time coming....'an_horse'

well u do have Hampton hoops right??? they did go to March Madness ;)

wouldnt know boras if i saw him, ret

i just know he represents the majority the team and hes a balla

C$$$-- yeah its hard to speculate with the "what if" crap, who really knows what woudl have happend?

but with replay at least we know the game ended how it should have.... and remove all doubt from our minds
Completely Agree:shake:
I grew up in VA but because my dad was from Philly I was always a Philly sports fan...My dad would have disowned me for rooting on Washington teams:36_11_6:...Ovechkin and the Caps are your best shot I think:cheers:

well u do have Hampton hoops right??? they did go to March Madness ;)

my rams beating duke 2 years ago..... and coming back from 7 down with 2 minutes left to beat fucking george mason in the CAA championship to get there.
was at that game... tourney is in richmond every year.
mad espn camera crew it was fun

thats about as good as it gets here..... equivalent to a cubs fan winning a world series:36_11_6:

my rams beating duke 2 years ago..... and coming back from 7 down with 2 minutes left to beat fucking george mason in the CAA championship to get there.
was at that game... tourney is in richmond every year.
mad espn camera crew it was fun

thats about as good as it gets here..... equivalent to a cubs fan winning a world series:36_11_6:
Eric Maynor:cheers:

completely agree:shake:
I grew up in va but because my dad was from philly i was always a philly sports fan...my dad would have disowned me for rooting on washington teams:36_11_6:...ovechkin and the caps are your best shot i think:cheers:

we could have had sevcon:11_12_13:

Howie fuckin Kendrick

you were right, most unclutch player ever

stupid bitch will swing at anything

he was so excited hacking at that first slider that was basically in the dirt and about 2 feet away from being over the plate... because the bases were loaded and he was giddy

it was a bad call, but shit happens. the halos are down 0-2 for many reasons.

bottom line...krod was just practicing, in terms of what life as a NY Mutt will be like. ;)

He clearly did not tag him so I am not sure where all this is coming from. The ball got there before, but no way did he tag Coco before he got back to the base.

The call where Tampa tagged Dye out at 1st but the ump missed it completely would have easily been solved by review. I don't see why there is opposition to instant replay. I'm willing to wait 30 seconds in order for the proper call to be made.

The call where Tampa tagged Dye out at 1st but the ump missed it completely would have easily been solved by review. I don't see why there is opposition to instant replay. I'm willing to wait 30 seconds in order for the proper call to be made.

The massive egos of the MLB umpires, that's why.

bump for rollins gettin hit on his jersey and the ump finds a way to pretend to not notice it, witha man on and no one out in the 9th

terrible call, sorry phills fans

I've always been a proponent of replay for everything but balls and strikes. Most games have one or two home runs and naturally most of those don't involve any controversy.

All of us know that most bad calls that possibly impact the result of the game are not made on home run calls.Therefore the impact of Bud's replay system as it relates to the complexity of baseball is like one sandbag against a tsunami.

Sure his makeshift system might prevent a bad call here and there, but the lack of a broad replay system continues to allow numerous false game changing calls to be made by arrogant assholes who aren't accountable and almost never admit they are wrong.

Like everything with this dumbass Commissioner, who I genuinely despise, it's just lipstick on a pig.

Back