Playoff Hockey...2nd Round

Yanks27Sox9

CTG Partner
Moving on to round two...

NHL YTD: 94-98-1, +1.235 units...Parlays: 7-9, +.4936 of a unit
Playoffs (1st Round) YTD: 22-22, +.775 of a unit

Just sitting around even all season...and post season...so far.

Anyhow, made a play (of some kind) for all the Game 1's over Wednesday 4/25 and Thursday 4/26.

NYR/BUF over 5.5 (-120) for 1 unit

Didn't find the value i was looking for...on either ML or PL. This matchup, though dominated by Buffalo during the season, seems to always be one goal games. Anyways, i wanna see how the series begins before i jump on a side for any particular game in this series. That said...the over here has quite a bit of value, imo. Looking for a 4-3 or 5-4 win outta Buffalo in Game 1. There's definitely the offense, on both sides of the ice, to keep this a higher scoring series than the norm.

ANA -1.5 over VAN (+150) for 1/2 unit

Besides Luongo...the Ducks are simply way better than the Canucks. But i'm not going to lay all that chalk on the ML. Just way too pricey. Anyways, at best, i can see the Canucks taking two games this series. Might try to find one of those spots...but i'll also try to come out ahead in this series with some PLs. And for this first game...jsut see VAN has having shot their wad getting by Dallas. Dallas gave them all they could handle...and the Ducks are bigger, stronger, faster, and more talented/skilled. Do the Canucks have enough left in the tank to keep up?

OTT ML (-110) over NJ for 1 unit

Little bit of the same philosophy here. Sure, Brodeur can stand on his head...but NJ doesn't have the defense they once had, or the overall team depth. TB's offense (they're big 3) gave them some serious matchup problems. Well, the Senators offense (all 4 lines even) will only provide NJ even more problems...even more to deal with, and attempt to match up with. In any case, i'm playing Ottawa to get a split in NJ...so if not here, then in Game 2. Just too much offensive firepower, considering what i saw in that TB/NJ series.

SJ ML (+145) over DET for 1/2 unit

Feeling it out in Game 1. Definitely believe SJ gets a split in Detroit...so again, if not here than it's Game 2. But also, the Sharks are just too big and strong for the Wings to handle over the 7 game series. Detroit can/may get a couple at home...where they looked real good against Calgary, the road-challenged team...but unless Hasek has one of his greatest series ever, the Wings are gonna fall well short to the superior team in this series. Sharks are much more of a well balanced playoff opponent than the Flames were.

Well, BOL over the next couple of days. We definitely got (what looks like) some very good matchups in this round. In hindsight, the only real surprise are the Rangers at this point in time (imo). We'll see if that continues, against the class of the east...which the Thrashers obviously were not.

:cheers:

Yep, we're on the same page going into this round, Yanks. I like where you're going, hopefully we both end up in a happy place.

Good luck.

Thx santa & joe :shake:

Good way to start. 2-0, 1.75 units to the good.
Only problem is that they're gonna make me pay an even steeper price to remain with home ice for these game two's...and take the two dominant favs again.
But what else to do...as both road teams are WAY, WAY outclassed and overmatched. Rangers looked like the Rangers again. And Buffalo was shaking off some rust. Same thing for the Ducks...definitely rusty, and that was the sloppiest game we'll see outta their defense in this series. So even though Vancouver may get a bit healthier on the blue line...well, Luongo's gonna have to learn how to walk on water for the Canucks to get a road win in this series.

Anyways...hopefully it'll be the road teams that rule the 2nd set of game 1's in this round.

Ottawa and San Jose on Thursday :cheers:

luv game 1's...onto the game 2's

4-0 so far, 3.475 units to the good.

Sticking with the home ice on Friday. Just don't see how the Rangers or the Canucks have much of a prayer until they get home...if maybe even then.

However, the MLs here are jsut too pricey...so i had to go with a couple PLs for tomorrow. 2-0 would be beautiful...but a more realistic 1-1 would still bring a profit. I obviously think both home favs win again...there's jsut a good chance one of these games turns out to be a close 1 goal affair.

Anyways...for Friday 4/27...

BUF -1.5 over NYR (+165) for 3/4 unit

ANA -1.5 over VAN (+150) for 3/4 unit

Here's to a couple repeat, dominant performances on home ice.

Saturday's two game 2's are gonna be even more interesting. I'm going back & forth already in regards to if one or both of these road teams can pull off the unlikely...and steal both road games, before heading home. Anyhow, still undecided for Saturday...and debating things.

GL tomorrow. :cheers:

saturday's two plays

dropped both friday night games...so 4-2 in the 2nd round, 1.975 units to the good.

here's what i'm playing for today...

DET -1.5 over SJ (+190) for 1/2 unit

NJ ML (-110) over OTT for 1 unit

Just had to go with both home teams today, even though i think neither will win their respective series. They both gotta play desperate, in order to salvage a split at home...and not be down 0-2, heading on the road.

Might take a look at NYR for sunday...but will definitely be on the Ducks this sunday.

GL :drink:

sunday, sunday, sunday

1-1 on Saturday, up a 1/2 unit. Had both sides right...jsut missed that empty netter at the end of the Shark/Wing game...by about 10 feet.
Nevertheless...it's cool...because the Wings (like the Canucks the nite before) were extremely fortunate to "steal" a game/a win anyways.

IMHO...both the Wings and the Canucks are incredibly outclassed in their respective series...because the teams they're up against are bigger, stronger, faster, more skilled, you-name-it...and despite shot totals, or some other stat one might throw out there, it really shows in the actual play.

Anyways...now 5-3 in the 2nd round, 2.475 units to the good.
I actually got 3 plays down for the 2 games on Sunday...because i'm playing the Ducks and Sharks a bit harder now.

For Sunday 4/29...

BUF ML (+115) over NYR for 3/4 unit

Was considering taking the Rangers at some point, while they were at home...but i ain't paying -135 to do it, when i can get these kinda odds on the superior team. Besides, Lindsey was so pissed at the end of game two that he'll be pushing his squad to put the nails in the coffin, for sure.

ANA ML (-135) over VAN for 1 unit
ANA -1.5 over VAN (+200) for 1/2 unit

The Canucks were flat out lucky. Luongo was flat out lucky.
VAN has scored 3 goals this series. One was a complete fluke...one was on a sloppy turnover by Neidermeyer...and one was a sloppy turnover by Pronger, but he's an idiot so that's semi-understandable.
Selanne alone in game two shoulda had 2 or 3 goals, being that's how many pen nets he had to throw the puck at...who knows what was wrong with him the other night...but it sure wasn't his nite, especially considering that bumbling retard Pronger cut him under the eye.
And then there's Luongo. The post saved him from letting in one of the all time worst playoff goals ever. (Now Giggy holds one of those spots, lol.) but before the playoffs...the Ducks were the only team Luongo hadn't beaten. And on top of that, his save % against the Ducks was only in the low 8s.
Anyways...i'm glossing over points, to be quick...but it's my rough take on this series. Just calling it like i see it...

On Monday, i'll be jumping back to the Sens...and i'll be playing the Sharks kinda like i'm playing the Ducks tongiht. Wings didnt' like going to Calgary all that much...well, this will be much worse/more difficult.

BOL with the games. :cheers:

took the Sharks for half a unit but went with the under in both. GL Yanks

that was the right side, santa. jsut didnt' work out...

i'm not sure i can justfy taking the Wings again in this series. feel the same way abotu the Canucks.
having watched all the games...that's the way i see it. of course, anyone can get lucky...but it's not all that likely.

Yanks,
I didn't get the Ducks game 2 on my Direct TV with VERSUS...said it was blacked out...did you get it?
I know some cable cos don't carry VS in the Anaheim region but I got fucked...and you know I don't lkike that at all...just wondering...GL!

Golf thurs looks to be best bet.

Completely agree with assessment of Anaheim, they are superior and will win this series,and that means winning some road games including tonight.

I grew up in Ottawa, and like them to beat New Jersey as well. Simply put they have the confidence and this New Jersey team is not like the teams of old that were able to beat the Senators (European teams) Now Sens got rid of the problems the No heart brothers Hossa and Havlat. I expect Sens to win 4-1 at home. They can really score some goals at home and are not intimidated by broduer like the old European sens team was.

Love the Sharks also, they are big and dominant at home. They will beat Detroit in game 3.

Completely agree with assessment of Anaheim, they are superior and will win this series,and that means winning some road games including tonight.

I grew up in Ottawa, and like them to beat New Jersey as well. Simply put they have the confidence and this New Jersey team is not like the teams of old that were able to beat the Senators (European teams) Now Sens got rid of the problems the No heart brothers Hossa and Havlat. I expect Sens to win 4-1 at home. They can really score some goals at home and are not intimidated by broduer like the old European sens team was.

Love the Sharks also, they are big and dominant at home. They will beat Detroit in game 3.

Hope so, bro...on both counts.

Yanks,
I didn't get the Ducks game 2 on my Direct TV with VERSUS...said it was blacked out...did you get it?
I know some cable cos don't carry VS in the Anaheim region but I got fucked...and you know I don't lkike that at all...just wondering...GL!

Golf thurs looks to be best bet.

Thursday should work. Get a round in, and hopefully watch whatever playoff game is on afterwards.

Yeah, if it's blacked out on VS...and not on FSN West...then KDOC. Local channel (10 for me) that shows old reruns from the 60s and 70s. Been advertising a bit around town too.
But at the office, i got cable. No idea if KDOC is on Directv too...because tonight's game wasn't blacked out on VS here at home.

monday's game 3s

2nd round: 6-5, +2.225 units.

Anaheim hitting the post, instead of the empty net, cost me a bit of change...but still hit the ML jsut the same.
Actually...even tho the Ducks won, i thought VAN played it's best game so far...in terms of the action on the ice.

Anyways...for Monday 4/30...

OTT -1.5 over NJ (+180) for 1/2 unit

ML was too pricey for my tastes...so because i think the Sens put on a show at home, had to go with the PL instead. Hopefully, if necessary, the empty netter won't be missed in this one.

SJ ML (-145) over DET for 1 unit
SJ -1.5 over DET (+195) for 1/2 unit

You guys already know my take on the Sharks (and the Ducks, for that matter) in round two, so i won't keep repeating myself.

BOL on Monday. :cheers:

tuesday playoff action

thx, sam:shake:

2-1, +1.4 units on monday...achingly close to that last empty netter too.

2nd round: 8-6, +3.625 units

Here are my plays for Tuesday, 5/1...the first two Game 4's...

BUF ML (+100) over NYR for 2 units

You can even get em at +110 now, shockingly. Anyways, this is my largest wager of the playoffs to date...as i'm always throwing anywhere between a half unit to one unit on each game.
Just think the Sabres rebound mightily in game four, kinda like they did after dropping one to the Pens in the 1st round.

ANA ML (-145) over VAN for 1 unit
ANA -1.5 over VAN (+200) for 1/2 unit

Same two wagers...exact same reasoning as each time i've played the ducks over the canucks in this series. Although VAN did play much better in game 3...imho, their best jsut isn't enough to match up with ANA w/out catching a few good breaks/fortunate bounces.

As for Wednesday...i'll definitely be back on San Jose in Game 4. Tonight's game 3 was one of my favorites this playoff season. It was definitely Detroit's best...but it wasn't good enough.
The OTT/NJ game 4 though i'm not sure about. W/out seeing a line yet, i've been making a case for both sides. brodeur was so damn impressive, i'm debating if NJ can tie the thing up...or if they'll go down 3-1 heading home for game five. This will be a tough one...

Anyhow...GL on Tuesday. :cheers:

Well done yanks. I think the sens look good for game 4. They won last night with, I think, their worst game of the playoffs so far. Lots of passes going off the tip of the stick, and brodeur was good, but a lot of those shots were right on the pads. But lots of credit should go to the devils who played a great defensive game too.

2nd Round: 9-8, +2.125 units

Took a hit on Buffalo last nite, but thankfully the Ducks got the win in OT.

My plays for Wednesday, 5/2...

NJ ML (+160) over OTT for 1/2 unit

Won all 3 games in this series so far, switching back & forth. Playing the Devils small here, mostly because they know damn well that they can't go down 1-3 to the Sens.

SJ -1 over DET (+110) for 3/4 unit

Same reasonings for the Sharks. The only difference is that this is the first time i'm willing to take a push, and play the -1.
The ML was too steep for my liking, even though i think the Sharks go up 3-1 tonight. And i didn't wanna rely again on an empty netter to hit the -1.5 PL, as the Wings will be playing even more desperate tonight.

Gl tomorrow...i'm off to bed for the nite. :drink:

congrats, galt. nice win, buddy.

noose...gotta bury that empty netter, and it's all over. now we have ourselves a series...

2nd Round: 9-10, +.875 of a unit

wednesday sucked. sj blew it...and brodeur let in 2 bad goals...one soft, and one fluke.

oh well
only 1 game on tap for 5/3...

ANA -1.5 over VAN (+130) for 1/2 unit

just a token play.
ML is way, way too pricey...but imo the ducks win the game, so a small PL play it is. after VAN blew the 2-0 lead, then lost in OT...just can't see them rebounding to take game 5.

GL w/ whatever u decide today :cheers:
btw...buffalo's mighty pricey as well, for 5/4:down:

2nd Round: 9-11, +.375 of a unit. I always seem to go backwards in the middle games of a playoff series...

That OT goal Luongo let in was the perfect ending to the series. VAN had no business even being in that game tonight, except for him.

Anyways, i'm all set up for friday and saturday...the other 3 game 5's.

Friday, 5/4

BUF -1.5 over NYR (+160) for 1/2 unit

Had to take another small flyer on the PL. ML is too pricey...and i certainly don't think the Rangers can win this one. Reason is home ice, and being able to control the matchups. If Lindsay has any common sense, he'll realize how they allowed themselves to get taken out of their game in NY...and go back to utilizing their strengths/advantages...namely speed and skill...by controlling the matchups, and the flow of the game.

Saturday, 5/5

SJ ML (+135) over DET for 1 unit

Love these odds, even if it's in Detroit. Let's face it...Wings are very, very fortunate to be tied up 2-2...and to have stolen game 4 in san jose. Like with VAN...eventually the better team will win, imo. SJ has too much speed, size, skill, etc for me to believe the Wings can take this series. Just like the east should be OTT and BUF, the west should be SJ and ANA. Just hope one of the inferior teams doesn't squeak in somehow, only to get toasted in the conf finals.

OTT ML (-110) over NJ for 1 unit

Brodeur lost the sense of invincibility he had in my mind, after the last game. But in reality...despite the 2 softies he gave up...NJ jsut isn't the team it once was, especially defensively. They are jsut giving up too many quality scoring chances to the Senators, and that won't be somehow stopping in game five. Just see OTT joining the Ducks, as the first 2 teams into the next round...taking their series in 5 games.

Well, that covers me until we get to some Game 6's...though i expect to see only two of them, not three.
BOL this weekend. :cheers:

Believe made a good point, in the NBA in-game, last night. You can take a ML parlay with Nets/Buff. to reduce the juice.

yeah, screw these -1.5 PLs. with all the OTs, the empty netters aren't there. gonna either have to just lay the chalk...parlay it with something...or take the ties on the -1 PL instead...at least when we get these big #'s, andi don't like the dog.

in any case, the PL doesn't come into play for me on Saturday.
hopefully the sharks and sens will come thru.

however...after tonight...does anyone else feel the Rangers actually have a helluva shot in game six?
think i may jsut have to give that a shot on sunday...

10-13 in the 2nd round, but only -.125 of a unit though.

there'll be only two Game 6's this round...and hopefully two Game 7's, if i get my way.

Sunday, 5/6

NYR ML (-110) over BUF for 1 unit

I'll be back on the Sabres for game 7...but i don't see the Rangers losing one at home, considering their home streak and considering how they've played this series.

That said...like i mentioned to Santa...still think Buffalo and Ottawa have a date w/ destiny.

Kinda like i thought the Sharks and Ducks did.
Nevertheless, i'll be riding the Sharks the rest of the way...including monday 5/7. Sometimes the best team doesn't always win...but in this case, i still think they will.
And if the Wings somehow meet the Ducks in the conf finals...look for a repeat of what happened to an out-matched Minny in the 1st round.

In any case, BOL on Sunday. :cheers:

After watching some of the last Buf/NY game, I have to agree. I think the Rangers win, at home. But, I kind of lean to an under 5.

I don't follow hockey as much as many here, but that's what seems logical at 4:25 am.

:36_11_6:

gotta have one Game 7

Monday 5/7 plays

SJ -1.5 over DET (+210) for 1/2 unit

SJ ML (-140) over DET for 1 unit

If not...it's onto the third round/conf finals, obviously. But imo, the linesmakers know what they're doing here...setting the SJ line this high, considering they're on the brink.

Anyways, let's see who joins the Ducks, Sens, and Sabres in the final four.
GL tomorrow.:cheers:

Back