Playoff Hockey - 1st Round

Yanks27Sox9

CTG Partner
Going to use this thread for the entire 1st Round, and will update it accordingly. Couldn't locate my threads from any previous playoffs...but if you've seen them, you know how i go about this...and it's typically successful, to an extent.

Missed the first set of Game 1s tonight, unfortunately...but i'm back online for the 2nd set. Btw...in texting back & forth with Liquidnoose...for those that may be interested...according to him, he's just burned out and lost the passion...along with being really busy with work. Anyways, that's why he disappeared a while ago. Wouldn't doubt he peeks in a bit though during the playoffs. That said...update given...back to my thread, and picks.

Playing all 4 games on Thursday the 16th...3 home favs, and 1 road dog.

BOS -1.5 PL (+145) over MON for 1 unit W

DET -1.5 PL (+125) over CLB for 1 unit W

CHI ML (-105) over CAL (reg only) for 1 unit L

ANA ML (+190) over SJ (ot incl) for 1 unit
W

Quite often i like the dogs to get a split of the first two road games...but that isn't the case with Montreal or Columbus. Imo, they both absolutely need home ice to win a game. Might be the case for the Flames as well, providing they can even win a game in this series...since they haven't (i believe) this entire season against Chicago. And then there are the Ducks. I'm back to my road split in this series, as the Ducks match up very well with the Sharks...and could very well surprise them. If it loses, i'll be back on it in game two. But for this 1st game...jsut gotta believe that the weight of the world (and the previous Shark failures in the playoffs) is loaded upon San Jose right now...where the Ducks (who are playoff tested, and have been basically playing playoff hockey the last few weeks) are coming in very loose....with no where near the same level of built-up pressure to succeed/win.

Anyhow, sry i missed today's opening games...but hopefully tomorrow's will make up for that. Absolutely love this time of year, with bases and playoff hockey going...and i'm sure it'll be another great spring. Good luck with your plays, and enjoy the games.

:cheers:

--------------------------

Adding 3 plays for the game 2s on Friday 4/17...posted below as well.

PIT -1.5 PL (+180) over PHI for 3/4 of a unit L

CAR ML (+130) over NJ (ot incl) for 1 unit
W

VAN -1.5 PL (+170) over STL for 3/4 of a unit
W

3-1, +3.55 units...thru the game 1s.

---------------------------

Adding the remaining game 2s...4 on Saturday 4/18, and 1 on Sunday 4/19...posted below.

NYR/WAS over 5.5 (-110) for 1 unit L

CAL ML (+135) over CHI for 3/4 of a unit
L

DET -1.5 PL (+105) over CLB for 1 unit
W

BOS -1.5 PL (+130) over MON for 3/4 of a unit
W

and

ANA ML (+220) over SJ for a 1/2 unit
W

5-2, +5.375 units...thru 3/8s of the game 2s.

-----------------------------

Adding the two games 3s for tonight, 4/19...to go along with the last game 2 (ana/sj) above.

STL ML (+135) over VAN (reg only) for 3/4 unit L

CAR ML (+115) over NJ (reg only) for 3/4 unit
L

7-4, +5.55 units thru the 4/18 games/results.

------------------------------

Adding action plays for 4/20...

MON ML (+105) over BOS for a 1/2 unit L

NYR ML (+105) over WAS for a 1/2 unit L

CHI ML (+130) over CAL for a 1/2 unit L

8-9, +3.65 units (after 4/20s games)

------------------------------

Adding 2 of the 5 games for 4/21.

PIT ML (+115) over PHI for 1 unit

SJ ML (-130) over ANA for 1 unit

-------------------------------

Last edited:
thurs 4/16 plays: (in case i end up editing the 1st post in the thread)

BOS -1.5 PL (+145) over MON for 1 unit

DET -1.5 PL (+125) over CLB for 1 unit

CHI ML (-105) over CAL (reg only) for 1 unit

ANA ML (+190) over SJ (ot incl) for 1 unit

Think I will join you on the Anaheim Split chase. They have gotten me to 2-0 so why stop now.

Always good to see you around, Yanks, I'll be with you on the Ducks chase.

And thanks for the Noose update, it'd be good to see him around, too.

GL Yanks.

With you on the Ducks, and the B's... going with Iron Mike in CGY.

Hawks youth need to get a taste of the playoffs first for me

WoooooooofuckingHooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ducks win :smiley_acbe:

Beautiful day of playoff hockey @ the office. And now i can finally go home, lol.
If only the Blackhawks woulda netted the game winner 12 seconds BEFORE overtime...it woulda been perfect.

Gotdamned juices are flowing after this last game. :tiphat:

ok...nice 3-1 start, 3.55 units to the good. :smiley_acbe:

3 plays for the game 2s on Friday 4/17...

PIT -1.5 PL (+180) over PHI for 3/4 of a unit

CAR ML (+130) over NJ (ot incl) for 1 unit

VAN -1.5 PL (+170) over STL for 3/4 of a unit

Playing for the empty-netter ;)...and for both the Penguins and Canucks to take a 2-0 series lead before heading on the road. And playing for Carolina to earn the split in NJ. After all, they can't play any worse than they did in game one...can they?

I'll edit and add them to the 1st post. Good luck tomorrow. Hope the games are as enjoyable as they were tonight.

:tiphat:

another very nice nite of playoff hockey. 2-1 on friday, another 1.825 units to the good.
overall this round...5-2, +5.375 units.

anyways, it's late. here are the remaining game 2s...4 on saturday, and 1 on sunday.

NYR/WAS over 5.5 (-110) for 1 unit

CAL ML (+135) over CHI for 3/4 of a unit

DET -1.5 PL (+105) over CLB for 1 unit

BOS -1.5 PL (+130) over MON for 3/4 of a unit

and

ANA ML (+220) over SJ for a 1/2 unit

Couldn't decide on the ranger/caps game. Uncertainty in net, etc...so went with the hova instead, as goals will be scored.
Switched to the Flames to earn a split in Chi-town. They outplayed Chicago for much of the game one.
And sticking with both the Wings and Bruins to take 2-0 leads in their respective series. Empty nets never hurt.
Lastly, i'm getting greedy after the Ducks winning game one. And a big reason behind that is the extra day off, which i think is the last thing the Sharks needed. Another day to sit & think, and stress.

Good luck, and enjoy the games.

2-2 on saturday, jsut some pocket change to the good.

Missed the early game today, but nice to see the Flyers try to climb back into the series. Already had the small play on the Ducks...but added the other 2 games for today, 4/19.

STL ML (+135) over VAN (reg only) for 3/4 unit

CAR ML (+115) over NJ (reg only) for 3/4 unit

Basically looking for the Blues to do what Philly did today, winning the 1st game in their building and climbing back into the series. This one will jsut have quite a few less goals than Philly/Pitt lol.
Also looking for Carolina to win at home, and take a 2-1 series lead over NJ.

GL :tiphat:

Sry...@ the office, and almost forgot about tonight's three Game 3s. Small action plays on all three doggies...Montreal to make it a 1-2 series...and both the Rangers and Blackhawks to take commanding 3-0 leads in their respective series.

MON ML (+105) over BOS for a 1/2 unit

NYR ML (+105) over WAS for a 1/2 unit

CHI ML (+130) over CAL for a 1/2 unit

I'll update shit later, when i'm online as myself. Just been real busy lately. But went 1-2 on Sunday, so should be 8-6 overall this playoffs...but thanks to the big odds, up a decent amount.

Other than that...they're just small action plays for 2 reasons...first, wasn't able to put in much time looking at the games...and second, not all that confident with today's games as a result.

Anyways, good luck...and enjoy it tonight. :cheers:

so much for action plays, lol. :angry:

and so much for home ice...at least in a few of these series.

Anyways, updated #'s for the playoffs...
8-9, +3.65 units

And only playing 2 of the 5 games on tomorrow's slate...so far. ;)

PIT ML (+115) over PHI for 1 unit

SJ ML (-130) over ANA for 1 unit

Wanted to take the Wings PL, and still might. Wanted to back Carolina at home, but pussed out on that. And fully expecting the Canucks to sweep...but it's not worth taking the PL that way things have been going. So, it's jsut these 2 for now...

Good luck :cheers:

Like Pitt. May change my allegience for tomorrow. I'll wait a game on Ducks again. Hopefully Wings get it done and get some rest for the next series.

jeebus...

thank gawd for the nice early start, and the wins at big plus odds...cuz dayum, that's a bad stretch of late. fukin 0 for my last 5 (not counting the ducks, which was played before) has really eaten into the playoff profits.

:angry:

time to turn this chit around...

Go Guppies! :tiphat:

GL Yanks. Thinking of playing the Sharks too to do what the Caps did last night at least... then lose the series :)

4/23 Wagers
PIT -1.5 PL (+150) over PHI for 3/4 of a unit
DET -1.5 PL (+140) over CLB for 3/4 of a unit
SJ ML (+110) over ANA (reg only) for 3/4 of a unit

Pens and Wings to finish off their series...and Sharks to even up their series.

Well, that surely sucked the other nite. :(
Gotta couple more plays...pucks and bases...for tonight (4/24) though. ;)

SEA ML (-115) over LAA for 1 unit
{Bedard vs Loux}

NYR +1 PL (+102) over WAS for 3/4 of a unit
{ot incl}

Sry...will get back onto the site over the weekend, hopefully.

Playoffs: 11-12, +3.55 units.

Back