Playoff Guarantee?

G-Man

Pretty much a regular
Well - looks like Cleveland has made some great free agent signings and trades.

Signing of Anderson re-solidifies the QB spot. Maybe the best two combined QB's in the NFL on one team?

Addition of two top notch defensive players and adition of Stallworth on Offense virtually makes Cleveland the top team in their division. The only question mark left is the defensive backs. They aint too bad though.

Browns made it affordable to pass on a few rounds in the draft, as the players they wanted early were going to be defensive anyway. The two addditions in free agents and the trade with GB was better than any draft choices they would have made with the one spot they had to draft from in the early rounds.

Its a given in my opinion that they will be a playoff team in 08 and no surprise here to see them even be a great longshot to make the big one.
I'll be wagering a few dollars on their chances for both.

The Playoffs were, for the first time that I can remember, just a bunch of games of who played the best on that given day. After the Patriots were beaten by the G-Men, anything is possible now for the 08 season.

:cheers:

I'm honestly worried about Anderson's slide at the end of the season. That may be negated a bit by all the talent he now has around him, but that they now basically have no draft this year, it's a huge risk.

I hope they know what they're doing.

I'm honestly worried about Anderson's slide at the end of the season. That may be negated a bit by all the talent he now has around him, but that they now basically have no draft this year, it's a huge risk.

I hope they know what they're doing.

If we knew better, we wouldnt be here - would we? :smiley_acbe:

They'll be real good this seson...:cheers:

CB is not a problem b/c Brandon McDonald played in 13 games last season. Giving him valuable expierence as well as good contributions for the team. Browns don't have great CB's or name guys that people would reconize but they do an ok job and get the job done. Everyone always blames the CB but at some point coverage breaks down due to the ineffective pass rush.

Anderson should of been traded away or the browns should of let someone else sign him and get 1st and 3rd rounders from someone. Anderson is not as good as he played last year, plus this new offensive scheme the browns employed last year will be broken down by defensive coordinators in the offseason and anderson will not be nearly as effective as last year.

Many don't believe me, but you'll see come year week 10. I think next year the browns are 2nd in the division and 9-7. I hope there an 11 win team but schedule is brutal and i don't think anderson can carry the load.

I'm not all that worried at corner either. Granted those guys are young, but they have a lot of upside.

Something just worries me about Anderson this year. I can't really put my finger on it, but I'm not filled with confidence.

a good pass rush makes the job of the secondary a lot easier. i'm glad they weren't players in the Asante Samuel sweepstakes, as money's better spent in the trenches than on one corner.

a good pass rush makes the job of the secondary a lot easier. i'm glad they weren't players in the Asante Samuel sweepstakes, as money's better spent in the trenches than on one corner.

Good point Rol... After the wr's run around for 4 seconds, anyone can get open.

ya think?

<table class="statspotlight" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><th class="CLEcolors"> PTS </th> </tr> <tr> <td>23.9 (21st)
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table class="statspotlight" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <th class="CLEcolors"> YDS </th> </tr> <tr> <td>359.6 (30th)
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
<table class="statspotlight" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <th class="CLEcolors"> PASS YDS </th> </tr> <tr> <td>230.1 (24th)
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
<table class="statspotlight" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr> <th class="CLEcolors"> RUSH YDS </th> </tr> <tr> <td>129.5 (27th)
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Cleveland Dallas game. Play Browns...

Agree 110%, Dallas is going to be a mess in the start of next season, with the instability at the management and coaching positions. I will be at that game as well which will make it much more fun.

Back