Playoff Baseball, Monday 10/8

Yanks27Sox9

CTG Partner
With only one series going past three games, i guess it's no surprise what my play is for today.

NYY RL -1.5 over CLE (+105) for 3/4 unit

Byrd must start, action from the Yanks end of things. 99% of the time, i'm on listed SPs. This is one of those exceptions, if for some reason it's not Wang tomorrow.
But i don't care if it's Kei Igawa...we'll all be heading back to the bugs for game five.

:cheers:

On a final note, i'd like to congratulate the Halos on a great season...and winning the West. Nothing sarcastic in this at all. They're my other team, local team, and i root for them 2nd. For most of the year, i thought they were the best team in baseball. Top to bottom, the best...well, except for some more pop in that lineup. They have an abundance of excellent prospects. Too much, imo...as there's a log jam in terms of these young talents progressing through their system. Hopefully there'll be a silver lining out of this year for the Halos...in that this will prove to Stoneman that it's ok to trade some (not all, by any means) of those talented prospects to help the team in the present. Sure they had some injuries, but everyone does. But all in all, imho, they were a solid bat or two away from a ring. That's how highly i think of their organization.

Anyways, congrats to them. The Halos are a class act, all around.

Pulling for you Yanks! I have a Unit bet on the Bronx Bombers regarding the series.

thx, terp. :cheers:

i got 2 on it...BAR's got much more...and Hunt's does as well.

i'm also gonna be adding the NYY team total sometime tomorrow. think that jsut may be the best play of all.

GL tonight Yanks.

regarding the Halos, they're my second team as well (behind Mariners), I surely don't follow them as closely as you do since you live there, but I like their small ball game.

I read months ago on sportsline board how not taking their chances will cost these Halos in the playoffs, and they were right. I read they had an option to go for Adam Dunn as another long ball hitter and give away I think Saunders. I think that (or similar arrangements, but definitely going for another power bat) would increase their chances come playoffs next year.

They played 162 games in regular season and you're right, as one of the best in the majors, only to fall on Red Sox's sword.

They have to look for that not to happen any more, not in this way. In two games they had more hits up until the 7th and they just did not take any of those chances.

The only game I was on them was game 2 when they actually had the lead and looked good, I really thought they would tie it up, that would change the series I'm sure. Perhaps Boston would still go through, but it would have been a killer series I'm convinced.

So in my opinion they need a bat or two who they can count on to seal the deal every once in a while. With Matthews Jr sidelined and Vladdy bruised, that was a really bad omen in front of these series.

I am still disappointed though, I've lost a team to cheer for in the postseason already, but anyways.

:shake:

yanks, gl on the play. And I will only be against you cause I am playin the dogs, no matter what. However this is one I expect to lose.

I personally dislike the Yankees, a great deal actually, but I know them well enough to understand and if their lineup is on a roll, which they seem to have found last night, that lineup can score runs in bunches.

I will probably have side plays on the total over, and yanks TT over bigger. I am im complete agreement that the Yanks TT might be the best bet of the game.

jesus, a 5.5 run team total for the Yanks, a 5.5 1st 5 total, and 10 for the game.

I haven't really capped baseball in a couple weeks, and not in depth for about a month. Please give me some pros/cons to tlak me off unloading on the first 5 over and TT over? I'm very close

Back