Plaxico Burress suspended next week (Oct 5)...

Well having the bye week gives him a two week vacation.

I think he planned this one. What a solid piece of work.

If he didnt push off every play he wouldnt even remain in the league.

more detailed info from espn:

Payouts and guarantees on portions of the new contract were contingent on Burress partcipating more in offseason workouts and being more involved in team activities.

The Giants have a bye week, so Burress will lose two paychecks under the suspension. He will not be with the team during the bye week and won't be allowed to practice with the team next week. His base salary under the new contract is $2 million. His suspension will cost him $235,294.

Burress was not immediately available for comment. Drew Rosenhaus, his agent, did not immediately return a telephone call by The Associated Press for comment.

The Giants did not specify why Burress was suspended. FoxSports.com, which first reported the suspension, said that Burress did not show up for work on Monday and did not telephone or answer phone messages to explain his absence.

Giants spokesman Pat Hanlon said the team was not confirming or denying any reason for the suspension

that's a helluva fine for missing one day of work. wow.

I think there's more to it broadwayjoe. Can't believe he didn't even call in on why he was absent. At my work, if you don't show up, you call in sick. If you don't, you can get fired. It's not asking too much to call in if you don't show up.

I think there's more to it broadwayjoe. Can't believe he didn't even call in on why he was absent. At my work, if you don't show up, you call in sick. If you don't, you can get fired. It's not asking too much to call in if you don't show up.

+1. Something is missing from this story. And for $200K, you'd better believe I'D be calling in sick with some excuse as to why I didn't show up.

news coming out now that has been confirmed by police...there has been 2 domestic disputes they have responded to involving Plaxico in the last 3 weeks....they did not confirm that it was related to this incident, but i think we can read between the lines a little bit...

more details as they come in...

The NYG are saying its not related to the domestic disputes and is team related ...interesting if true and not a smokescreen

So they haven't disciplined him for the domestic disputes and don't intend on it?

FoxSports.com's Jay Glazer reports that Plaxico Burress has been suspended one game by the Giants because of insubordination.

Burress failed to show up for a team meeting Monday and he wouldn't answer his phone Tuesday. When Burress met with Tom Coughlin Wednesday, his excuse for missing the time during New York's bye week didn't fly. Burress will be suspended without pay this week and miss Week 5 against Seattle. Amani Toomer and Steve Smith get extra value against the Seahawks if you need a bye week fill-in.

Back