Pitchers to fade 2nd half?

• Thread starter Thread starter Gyno
  • Start date Start date
Kyle Gibson, Taylor Jungmann, Jake Peavy, Mike Montgomery, Alfredo Simon, Shane Greene, Wandy Rodriguez, Brett Oberholtzer, Matt Shoemaker, Mike Fiers

Gwarner hit it on the head with the Tigers guys. Disagree on Gibson though.

MF tigers are so bad this mf team new last year that they had no pitching and they did nothing why should they all the seats are sold. unless your taking your kid to the ballgame your a loser until people no its real easy dont go to the game 100 percent tigers would get a good pitching staff if nobody showed up

Gwarner hit it on the head with the Tigers guys. Disagree on Gibson though.

i'm not sure how long they'll be in the bigs, which sucks for us, but i think gyno was trying to get guys like Gibson who will regress as answers

BTW it's Gabe.

Kyle Gibson will regress.

2.85ERA/4.02 FIP
only 6.18 K/9

0.87 HR/9 tells me he's been lucky.

PRIME FADE. 1.21 WHIP this season, career 1.34

You can say Greinke has had everything go his way this season. I've watched him pitch most games and he is no doubt dealing. But regression has to occur.

90% Strand rate, .233 BABIP, 0.51 HR/9, 1.46 BB all scream regression is coming soon. He is pitching like he's in a video game.

Chen

2.78 ERA/4.21 FIP, I'd say that his ERA is above 3.2 soon. 1.39 HR/9, 60% FB rate makes me think he if faces the wrong type of team with righties with power at the right ballpark he could get lit up.

I don't think Kuechel's .255 BABIP and 65% GB will keep up. Already threw 137 innings as well. Keeping a close eye on him, I see regression. He's a great pitcher but I feel like fading him at big prices will prove profitable in the long run the rest of the season.

Santiago
4.33 xFIP
3.99 FIP
30.7 GB%
88.9% LOB

No way this guy will sustain. Love this one, I predict money can be made fading Hector.

Mike Leake ERA splits:
May: 2.71
June:2.83
July 3.99
August 4.33
September 5.17

How does Guthrie survive?

4.7 K/9
2.63 BB/9
34.8 GB% .313 BABIP

He doesn't strikeout anyone out, gives up a ton of flyballs, walks a lot. 1.49 WHIP.

Hector's xFIP has been a good 2 points higher than his ERA for at least a month now. The Angels have been winning his games though. I've been fading him since he pitched at home against the A's hoping for regression and have gone 1-5 SU (-$415). As an NL backer in the ASG I felt pretty cheated after he never entered the game! I wish he would have been more like Nick Martinez who, once his xFIP-ERA got out of hand, promptly caved in to the White Sox and gave up 6 runs in the second inning back on June 3rd. But it's been hard trying to predict when Hector's market correction is going to occur. I'm guessing it will be in a game that will show some type of RLM in a game everyone will be asking, "Why is the Angels' line plummeting?"

It's coming Austin, it's coming. you and me will be on it. Let's watch him closely and when it happens we will strike accordingly.

Betting against the Angels in the second half is usually burning money. Bet against him with good teams

Jungman has crazy delivery hard to pick up pitches, but not healthy for his arm. Not sure I would fade right away, wand can always surprise you.

I will look for plays vs both fat men in ny...cc & bc

Back