Pistons????

GoIrish!

Pretty much a regular
They will lose by 10 or so again.....they have been terrible all year at home......21-20...and that has wins with Billups still there...Cleveland is 27-14 on the road. This Detroit team is done...and have been since the allstar break.....
Cleveland +5 5U

Hate to say it, but I'm all over the Stons tonight. It's the "third game" scenerio. Lakers lost last night to it. I'm not sayin' the Cavs don't take this game, but I think the Stons will cover the number.

BOL, though

Here's what I don't get.

The Pistons can't sell out this game. So they send an e-mail to Cavs' season ticket holders trying to get them to come up to the game.

Why don't you just do some sort of $5 promo or whatever in town. Basically give the tix away rather than trying to give them away to the other team. I don't get it.

Here's what I don't get.

The Pistons can't sell out this game. So they send an e-mail to Cavs' season ticket holders trying to get them to come up to the game.

Why don't you just do some sort of $5 promo or whatever in town. Basically give the tix away rather than trying to give them away to the other team. I don't get it.

I hate the crowds at the Palace last few years. No passion. Stale.

I passed down tickets for Sunday last week before series even started. Not into it.

Thewy have done such promos before. In the early part of this decade you could get upper bowl seats for 8 bucks.

I hate the crowds at the Palace last few years. No passion. Stale.

I passed down tickets for Sunday last week before series even started. Not into it.

Thewy have done such promos before. In the early part of this decade you could get upper bowl seats for 8 bucks.

I got my season tickets last year for 8 bux a game. last row up but center court so it wasnt terrible.

It all started when they let Ben Wallace go.

That was the beginning of the end. I will always stand by that.

Chauncy was just the final nail.

That team should have more rings from that group. They're sort of like the 90s Atlanta Braves.

It all started when they let Ben Wallace go.

That was the beginning of the end. I will always stand by that.

Chauncy was just the final nail.

That team should have more rings from that group. They're sort of like the 90s Atlanta Braves.

They had to though. He had started to come back to earth that year and no way they could invest 60 million in that guy. I mean, it's tough to let a warrior like that go but Joe D. makes shrewd decisions. Just like this year when people criticize the Billups trade. Yeah, I wish he was here but this team would be stuck in a Dallas like being okay for several years. Now, they have flexibility. Thats what hurt them after their run when I was younger. They never built for future. And thats why they got stuck in mediocrity from 1992-2002.

But, no more consistent franchise in the NBA. Been in conference finals 11 of past 22 years. Simply amazing.

agree bar, i still like the billups trade... had to be done. I wish it would've amounted to more, and it probably should have been AI is AI. Had to let ben go too... guy wanted way too much money for way too long for being on the decline. couldnt pay him.

Just a staple of fans in the state of Michigan.

Lots of tradition, but not alot of passion.

I will lend one point here.

This town gets so corporate at the stadiums. Started when the Palace opened. It was all big-wigs and place was good home arena but not a deafening enviroment. Go to the Red Wings. Used to be one of the best home-ice advantaged. Then they started winning an tickets went up and the suits took up the best seats. I can't stand it now. Go to the Lions. One of the 2-3 toughest venues to play was at the Dome. I loved it, great advantage. Then they build Ford Field. Same ole shit. I know thery have sucked recently but even like the year they were 6-2 whatever it's like a library in there.

I have faith that Joe D. can rebuild that team, he's proven that he's probably the best former player front office guy from that generation of players.

That said, while I understand Ben was going for the money and they sort of had to let him go, that's when the slide started. If they could have found a way to keep that team together I really think they could have, perhaps should have, had at least two more rings.

I have faith that Joe D. can rebuild that team, he's proven that he's probably the best former player front office guy from that generation of players.

That said, while I understand Ben was going for the money and they sort of had to let him go, that's when the slide started. If they could have found a way to keep that team together I really think they could have, perhaps should have, had at least two more rings.

I'll try and find the article. It was an interview with Chauncey after he left. He basically said this team shoulda had 2-3 rings. Larry Brown kept this team in line. He had to go. Thats what he does but after that they got too, for the lack of a better term, "loosey-goosey".

I'll try and find the article. It was an interview with Chauncey after he left. He basically said this team shoulda had 2-3 rings. Larry Brown kept this team in line. He had to go. Thats what he does but after that they got too, for the lack of a better term, "loosey-goosey".

Plus injuries killed them in the playoffs in 2003, 2006, 2007 and 2008. Notably Chillups in three of those years and Rasheed with a ban ankle once and something else another time.

I agree with BAR...I love the Pistons but going to the games are not boring but it shows no playoff atmosphere. Nothing is electric....the suits fill the seats because most of the people of Detroit can not afford the tickets....

But Joey D and I mean he will...rebuild quickly

Ben Wallace would have been a TERRIBLE signing for Detroit but was even worse was trading away Billups for Iverson regardless of the "cap room" it opened up.

If the Pistons have any pride whatsoever, they will be competitive tonight. If they play with the same effort/hustle as they did in Cleveland, not only will they lose tonight by 7-10 points but I think they will lose by 30 in Game 4.

Back