Pirates race to .500

Can I piggyback this thread for the Royals fight for .500? KC and Pitt pretty much in the sameboat right now regarding bases.

Royals 10-9, 1 GB of first.

haha...obv Kerrigan has done great things with that staff. But in the end I think they will have the same issue as KC, Cincy, and Pitt. They just can't score enough runs.

This is our year Alex, this will be the year we put and end to the losing streak...

:18_1_204:

This is our year Alex, this will be the year we put and end to the losing streak...

:18_1_204:

Mogo are you jumping on the bandwagon ? Seems to me you started the season by fading the pirates with the over

Nyger Morgan has been awesome this season I wonder what we do when McCutchon is ready to come up in June..Nyger /Cutch/Sanchez at the top that will be sweet.....Moss to the bench if he cant get it together or to first when we trade Adam

Mogo are you jumping on the bandwagon ? Seems to me you started the season by fading the pirates with the over

hahaha, well i had no idea the Buccos even had a bandwagon yet... over the years i've learned to never put any hard earned money on the Buccos (even if it's just a small action plays cuz i'm goin' to the game or i'll be casually watching)...

last year in the MLB Contest i did fade the Pirates and take the over blindly - ended the year up about 10u and finished in 10th place....

i started out April doing the same thing, but quickly realized if the contest is going to be broken up into months, i'll be having some pretty streaky months... right now i am in last place, and that's with the fact that i stopped playing in after about 2 weeks in when i got busy with real life stuff.... since then they've been killin' it and i would actually be in a bigger hole had i kept playing that angle...

maybe since the Buccos are doing good, i should just start blindly taking the Pirates in the contest? 1st palce here i come!!!!! 'an_horse'

this is the year we get to .500 hopefully we dont hit a slump here with all these injuries. if some how some way we can keep pitching like we have and get dumatrait back i think they might actually have a shot. if laroche is hittin like this now imagine what hell do in two months when he usually hits his stride lol

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 sizcache="3" sizset="160"><TBODY sizcache="3" sizset="160"><TR class=colhead align=right sizcache="3" sizset="174"><TD align=left>CENTRAL</TD><TD width="6%" sizcache="3" sizset="174">W</TD><TD width="6%" sizcache="3" sizset="175">L</TD><TD width="8%" sizcache="3" sizset="176">PCT</TD><TD width="5%" sizcache="3" sizset="177">GB</TD><TD sizcache="3" sizset="178">HOME</TD><TD sizcache="3" sizset="179">ROAD</TD><TD sizcache="3" sizset="180">RS</TD><TD sizcache="3" sizset="181">RA</TD><TD>DIFF</TD><TD sizcache="3" sizset="182">STRK</TD><TD>L10</TD></TR><!--seasonType=2--><!--startDate=20090430--><!--StartDate is currentDate--><TR class=oddrow align=right sizcache="3" sizset="183"><TD align=left sizcache="3" sizset="183">Kansas City</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>.545</TD><TD width="5%">-</TD><TD>7-6</TD><TD>5-4</TD><TD width="5%">97</TD><TD width="5%">82</TD><TD class=greenfont width="5%">+15</TD><TD>Won 2</TD><TD>5-5</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right sizcache="3" sizset="184"><TD align=left sizcache="3" sizset="184">Detroit</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>.524</TD><TD width="5%">.5</TD><TD>5-3</TD><TD>6-7</TD><TD width="5%">112</TD><TD width="5%">105</TD><TD class=greenfont width="5%">+7</TD><TD>Lost 2</TD><TD>5-5</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right sizcache="3" sizset="185"><TD align=left sizcache="3" sizset="185">Chicago Sox</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>.524</TD><TD width="5%">.5</TD><TD>6-6</TD><TD>5-4</TD><TD width="5%">97</TD><TD width="5%">98</TD><TD class=redfont width="5%">-1</TD><TD>Won 1</TD><TD>5-5</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right sizcache="3" sizset="186"><TD align=left sizcache="3" sizset="186">Minnesota</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>.500</TD><TD width="5%">1</TD><TD>8-6</TD><TD>3-5</TD><TD width="5%">93</TD><TD width="5%">116</TD><TD class=redfont width="5%">-23</TD><TD>Won 2</TD><TD>6-4</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right sizcache="3" sizset="187"><TD align=left sizcache="3" sizset="187">Cleveland</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Hitless until seventh, Royals take finale
Though they didn't have a hit until the seventh Sunday, the Royals kept the game close with good defense, until a five-run seventh led them to a win over the Twins, 7-5.

14-11, 1st place on May 3rd. Took 3/4 from Jays, then 2/3 at Minny (we never win there).

Back