Picks

tuck321

Not all those who wander are lost
At this point picks are more in the nature of an art form. To start lets play Atlanta pick and under 204. With no real detail we expect the major starters to be rested for both teams. To me this favors Atlanta as most of the Atlanta team scored and played before Bibby while Orlando is more of a team working under Howard, Hedo and Lewis as the to do guys. Now no one expects Atlanta to survive Boston so Orlando does not even see them as a rival and Orlando has had real trouble winning there anyway losing 6 straight. Now Washington the team they play at home tomorrow a divisional rival and a legit playoff contender is a team they take seriously and do Not like. Just see some effort by Atlanta and very little by Orlando. Orlando has gone under 8 of last 10. The games that went over were vs Spurs and Sixers. Teams that for different reasons they really wanted to beat. None of that here. Just see a sleepy game that Atlanta a team that is 25-15 at home but has lost its last 2 at home wins by determination and default.

if you are indeed on the under goodluck. that's why i'm on the over 1st half. i have betted totals on atlanta and orlando most of the past few weeks and have noticed the lack of points comes in 2nd halves. I expect 110-114 first half then 85-100 2nd half.

I bet under 204 at 5dimes before posting. Hopefully we both win:cheers:.
Detriot minus 7. Not sure what the trick is here. Playing Toronto Wallace, Billups and Hamilton scored 30 points and the team won and covered. Playing Washington they scored 31 and the team won and covered. Minn has won 2 games in a row so they are fair game and the secondary players will take them seriously while Minn is looking at their last home game tomorrow vs a Bucks team that has beaten them the last 4 times the teams have played. This seems to me to be a game Minn would just like to concede so they can get home and pound the Bucks.

Last edited:
tuck any thoughts on the clips/no game. Clips have been getting blown out in the last month n half?

16 is a ton of points, but NO needs a good showing going into the playoffs

The 2 plays in Hornets game are Clippers plus 4.5 first quarter and over 51 first quarter.
What is the relationship between these 2 teams. Easy one. Clippers hate their guts. Something about laughing about knocking the Clippers out of the playoffs and beating them badly 5 in a row.
Clippers last 3 road first quarters
a. At GS 26-42 loser but over
b. At Sac 25-20 win the side lose the over
c. At Seattle 27-22 win the side lose the total
d One extra at Utah 24-31 win the total lose the side.
And the Hornets road team first score
a. Home vs Utah 27-24 it went under and the hornets did not cover.
b. GS 31-22 it went under and the Hornets did not cover.
c. Knicks 29-29 this was a 15.5 spread that went over and they did not cover.
d. One extra Boston 36-23 it went over and the Hornets did not cover.
I am no prophet but it seems to me likely that the Clippers score around 25-26 points in the first quarter and if the Hornets blow them out I at least win the total for a tiny loss. I think I have real chances to scoop.

No science here. Just an opinion. Griz plus 11.5
I go over to the Blazers Edge a lot. Nice Portland Blog. No one is saying much about this game. Dallas and the Lakers were the season. One more game might matter. Standing up to the Suns tomorrow.
Grizz have covered 7 of their last 8 road games. The one they did not cover was at the Clippers. They were playing 4 in 6 after beating the Lakers 114-111 at the Lakers the day before. They are 4-6 su and ats last 10. It seems that after they get spanked at home they go out and nail someone like the Kings or the Lakers on the road. Last game they lost 105-114 to Minn at home.
They are 0-2 vs Portland this year but 13-7 ats last 20 at Portland. Not seeing them fade peacefully into the night here and not seeing much to get Portland excited. Just another way too big end of the season spread. Portland 3-7 su and 5-5 ats last 10 and Gris 4-6 su and 4-6 ats.
I got the 11.5 at 5d.

Here I am again on another public pick. Last time I made a really silly Spurs pick. I cashed last night with the Kings. They played very hard and are now playing 4 in 5. Its their last game. I think but do not know Artest will play. This team is 7-3 ats last 10. The Lakers are 3-7 ats last 10. When the Lakers win this game it Completes their season and seems like a page of history. A simple blowout of a tired, undermanned team would not fit the occasion. So like a lot of people I am grabbing points and hoping for luck.
In the Hornets game I see Hornets as about 55-57% favorite. If I play its very small. Still nothing on the last game. That one seems very hard to me.

After 3 quarters Atlanta and total look bad. Howard has played 28.09 minutes so far, Lewis 30.59 and Turkoglu 26.04. I assume they bow out in the 4th but who knows. I did not expect this much play from those 3. It looks fairly crazy. If one of them gets hurt here just before the playoffs---. Oh well. Glad I got the Clipper scoop.

Good stuff with LAC though. Did some investgating after you brought it up and hit LAC 1st Q and over plus LAC 1st H then game over , 2nd H Over but lost some on LAC 2nd H ..still a nice profitable game...Thank You..

Back