Picks by Stanford Steve, Bear Fallica, Phil Steele

TahoeLegend

Pretty much a regular
Haven't seen the thread where someone posted the picks by these three this year so I'll post their picks until he shows up again.

I put the records they have compiled next to their names. None of them have been too hot, but Phil Steele has been more than 60 percent the last two weeks to give him the best record.

Steve gives his best pick on Sportscenter when SVP reveals his weekly picks and he is 2-3 on those picks with BYU +9 as his best pick this week. I'm not listing picks by SVP because I don't think he is actually doing any handicapping at all, he just goes down the list and picks dogs.

Chris Fallica had a red-hot start last year, but he is below .500 for the last third of 2016 and this far into 2017 and has the the worst record of the three during that time.

Chris Fallica (13-15)

• [Winner] Louisville at NC State – NC State (+3.5)
  • Alabama at Texas A&M – Texas A&M (+26.5)
  • Arizona at Colorado – Arizona (+6.5)
  • Louisiana Tech at UAB – UAB (+11.5)
  • Maryland at Ohio St. – Ohio St. (-30.5)
  • UCF at Cincinnati – Cincinnati (+17)
  • Miami (FL) at Florida St. – Under (48)

Stanford Steve (13-12)

• Boise St. at BYU – BYU (+9)
  • Alabama at Texas A&M – Over (54)
  • Minnesota at Purdue – Purdue (-4)
  • Stanford at Utah – Utah (+5.5)
  • Miami (FL) at Florida St. – Miami (FL) (-3)

Phil Steele (19-14)

• Memphis at UConn – UConn (+14.5)
  • Alabama at Texas A&M – Under (55)
  • Army West Point at Rice – Rice (+11.5)
  • LSU at Florida – Florida (-2.5)
  • Michigan St. at Michigan – Michigan St. (+10)
  • Washington St. at Oregon – Oregon (+2.5)
  • West Virginia at TCU – TCU (-13.5)
  • Wisconsin at Nebraska – Nebraska (+10.5)

Who are the two guys other than Steele?
Fallica is a crew member/segment producer for College Gameday and has been for years giving picks on the show...and Stanford Steve is a guy Who has worked with SVP and given picks during his gambling segments.

I don't mind Fallica, he is the only one with any knowledge on off radar games.

When I have Game Day on and they go into the segments with Bear and the picks with the spread, it is just awkward. The main guys are either clueless or act clueless when it comes to the realm of picking games with the spread and the terminology that goes with it. Game Day kind of sucks anyway...Chris Fallica should just do the whole show it would be much better.

I've heard that Stanford Steve name, but don't think I've ever seen or heard his voice.

Anyway, thanks for posting. More posts, more info of any sort related to the games is a good thing.

Hard to believe one would not know Stanford Steve, who makes cameos on SVP late night show after MNF with Bad Beats. Figured all gambling "gurus" know that segment. Awful segment by the way too, they find games like a second half line in Coastal Carolina or a line in 1st half of preseason NBA that basically no one has action on and act like its just the most gut wrenching loss of all time....to basically no one.

Hard to believe one would not know Stanford Steve, who makes cameos on SVP late night show after MNF with Bad Beats. Figured all gambling "gurus" know that segment. Awful segment by the way too, they find games like a second half line in Coastal Carolina or a line in 1st half of preseason NBA that basically no one has action on and act like its just the most gut wrenching loss of all time....to basically no one.

1. It is on ESPN

2. Even though I like SVP, I still have no desire to watch

3. Their definition of a bad beat is brutal.

Yea I remember Stanford Steve from radio....when SVP was with Rusillo. Think he was producer or something.

Actually like the bad beat section.....yea, it is usually a big reach and search, but still pretty cool. They have shown obscure ones that some I know have had action on. The segment from this past MNFwas certainly, ummmmm, unique.

Detroit187.....I have the PM, and ain't forgot about you bro

Actually the one this week on the lateral in some college game (maybe Coastal Carolina) was the worst beat I have seen, yes worse than Chiefs game.

No worries Twink, whenever you have time. I'm still wrapping my head around actually being there in less than a week.

ESPN is such garbage now. I heard "racism" and "sexism" in the same sentence and I was like seriously? Did the producer of CNN invade the sports world as well? Fuck all the news and politics I just want to see athletes compete and watch highlights. All this make a wish and politics nonsense is killing espn. Pretty sure all women just look stupid when Jessica Mendoza is on sunday night baseball so start hiring for quality not for race and gender

ESPN is such garbage now. I heard "racism" and "sexism" in the same sentence and I was like seriously? Did the producer of CNN invade the sports world as well? Fuck all the news and politics I just want to see athletes compete and watch highlights. All this make a wish and politics nonsense is killing espn. Pretty sure all women just look stupid when Jessica Mendoza is on sunday night baseball so start hiring for quality not for race and gender
ESPN has been garbage for 10+ years now...

Dying a slow death...

Does Steele still use his star system? Or Northcoast release? Just curious...been years...used to get it in the mail for reasons I do not have an answer for...

Can we get something to replace espn and nfl??? So sad this world of ours
Just give me espn of the 80's and 90's back...

NFL is dying a real slow death...so much money involved but anyways that is for a different thread...

Thanks to Tahoe for sharing the information.

Don't even get me started on Jess Mendoza who has completely ruined Sunday night bases for me. Her constant "in the zone" and analysis of every hitters swing is so redundant. She's cute and seems like a nice person but holy shit is she annoying and brings nothing to the broadcast at all, but neither does Aaron Boone. Don't even get me started on the "6" with racist Sparty thumping Jemele Hill and fake thug Michael Smith. I can only watch games on that channel and finding even that harder and harder based on the broadcasters they now have.

Producer of CNN and Disney is probably same, its liberal agenda constantly being pushed down our throats. ESPiN lost me when the Yag football player was making out with boyfriend during the draft and they felt the need to cram that into our living rooms. Could care less if guy is Yag but i don't need to see it and they sure as hell would cut if it was full on makeout with guy and girl. Pushing an agenda and don't even get me started on other false narratives they helped create for ratings.

Does Steele still use his star system? Or Northcoast release? Just curious...been years...used to get it in the mail for reasons I do not have an answer for...

I got an email trying to get me to sign up for Phil Steele Plus. When you do that you get his "game of week" whatever that is. Northcoast/Power Sweep is still in business, I think Phil still owns it, but when he started doing the espn thing he distanced himself from that.

I hate ESPN. I mean, I love all the college games they put on. But I hate their hand in everything and dominance in college football. Would like to see Fox take a bigger bite of the pie. So unless there is a game on ESPN I don't really watch any of their shows or sec network. I do enjoy the Big Ten Network nightly shows. And although the guys on CBS Inside College Football are meat heads, I find myself recording and watching it every week.

I got an email trying to get me to sign up for Phil Steele Plus. When you do that you get his "game of week" whatever that is. Northcoast/Power Sweep is still in business, I think Phil still owns it, but when he started doing the espn thing he distanced himself from that.

I hate ESPN. I mean, I love all the college games they put on. But I hate their hand in everything and dominance in college football. Would like to see Fox take a bigger bite of the pie. So unless there is a game on ESPN I don't really watch any of their shows or sec network. I do enjoy the Big Ten Network nightly shows. And although the guys on CBS Inside College Football are meat heads, I find myself recording and watching it every week.

Ah, I forgot that about Phil with espn and how he distanced himself a bit..I remember now...

As far as BTN...mad I cannot stand that network. And I am not the only one around these parts. Interesting...

When there aren't football games on BTN is pretty much all I watch! After dinner I want to put on BTN and my wife is like "I want to watch the news" and I'm like "that is news".

Producer of CNN and Disney is probably same, its liberal agenda constantly being pushed down our throats. ESPiN lost me when the Yag football player was making out with boyfriend during the draft and they felt the need to cram that into our living rooms. Could care less if guy is Yag but i don't need to see it and they sure as hell would cut if it was full on makeout with guy and girl. Pushing an agenda and don't even get me started on other false narratives they helped create for ratings.

Wow i agree 100% with a michigan fan

11-1-2 on the season so far. Going with 5 for now, but may add aTm/Bama over. Waiting to see if a book I deal with in the south moves the total. Would take aTm, but I made a vow never to bet against Alabama again. Also looking at Purdue if that line drops a half.

Utah +4x
SMU +7
W Virginia +14
Miami -3
Wash St -2

Good luck everyone.

Back