Pick Club X -- Playoff PICK OFF!

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Alright, we are down to two participants in this year Pick Club. They have tied at 34 correct picks (68%) through 10 weeks to end the season. We will use the WC Roun to determine a champion. If they are still tied at the end of Wild Card Weekend, we will move on to the divisional round with a 5 game Pick Off and so on till we have an outright champ!

I want to commend so many of you on amazing records through this contest. We had 8 or so guys that hit over 60% and many others that were at 55% or better. Well done all, well done!

Okay, the pick-off will consist of 7 Picks (sides and totals). You may pick as you go or submit all at once. You MAY edit before a game starts, if need be. You are welcome to PM your picks to @B.A.R. and @ProV1Colt if you would like.

Without further adieu...

Bengals 5.5 and 48.5

Bills 4.5 and 43.5

Bucs 9.5 and 46.5

Cowboys 3.5 and 50.5

Chiefs 12.5 and 46.5

Rams 3.5 and 49.5

Oh hell no, no pm’ing picks! We want to get something out of this!! Lol. Neither one worried bout the other seeing theirs, they hitting 68% for Christ sakes, no strategy or gamesmanship, just keep picking winners!! Gandy been posting his 1st all season!!

Ok folks, by popular demand (of one) here's my plays and quick thoughts. I'll warn y'all that I find the playoffs much more difficult than the regular season, because motivation levels are now identical and my heart gets more involved at times in the selection process. Don't try this at home.

Bengals -5.5 (better offense, fresher team on the rise, wins this week, loses next - gotta walk before you run in playoff season)
Bills/Pats Over 43.5 (divisional rematches have been points bonanzas in recent years - guessing teams have no more defensive tricks for round 3 - would lean Bills but respecting Hoodie's coaching edge)
Bucs -9.5 (defending champs should have it together for this week against a 1st time playoff QB - run/pass matchups seem to favor Bucs)
Niners +3.5 (some dogs have to win this week - hate to see it but if I'm wrong I won't mind - Niners get running game going and put Dak in comeback mode - game almost certainly goes to the wire (Jerruh loves the show))
Steelers +12.5 (rematch of a blowout win almost automatic to take the points - will need to be a +2 turnover edge for Pitt - Collinsworth is right when he says these effers are tough to kill)
Cards +3.5 and Over 49.5 (another division rematch, extra time to prepare - Monday night madness - Cards on road have been really good - Stafford probably OK but I'll trust Kyler first)
Thanks to CTG for supporting this contest and thank god top 2 get $. :cheers3: to consolation prizes!

Ok folks, by popular demand (of one) here's my plays and quick thoughts. I'll warn y'all that I find the playoffs much more difficult than the regular season, because motivation levels are now identical and my heart gets more involved at times in the selection process. Don't try this at home.

Bengals -5.5 (better offense, fresher team on the rise, wins this week, loses next - gotta walk before you run in playoff season)
Bills/Pats Over 43.5 (divisional rematches have been points bonanzas in recent years - guessing teams have no more defensive tricks for round 3 - would lean Bills but respecting Hoodie's coaching edge)
Bucs -9.5 (defending champs should have it together for this week against a 1st time playoff QB - run/pass matchups seem to favor Bucs)
Niners +3.5 (some dogs have to win this week - hate to see it but if I'm wrong I won't mind - Niners get running game going and put Dak in comeback mode - game almost certainly goes to the wire (Jerruh loves the show))
Steelers +12.5 (rematch of a blowout win almost automatic to take the points - will need to be a +2 turnover edge for Pitt - Collinsworth is right when he says these effers are tough to kill)
Cards +3.5 and Over 49.5 (another division rematch, extra time to prepare - Monday night madness - Cards on road have been really good - Stafford probably OK but I'll trust Kyler first)
Thanks to CTG for supporting this contest and thank god top 2 get $. :cheers3: to consolation prizes!
Gandolf are you cool with me posting my picks as we go or would you prefer I post them all at once? I usually do my analysis the night before whatever games, but I can post all at once if you prefer

There is a lot of sexy in this whole area right here. I'm just sayin. #PickOff

1st play
LV 5.5. Too many trends pointing towards LV. Bengals win. Raiders keep it close.

Bills 4.5

Eagles 9.5
9ers 3.5
Pitt 12.5

Last edited:
Yep. You’re right. Just pissed at myself for letting someone talk me into playing LV. I had a strong lean to Cincy, but didn’t trust my gut.

Nice 2-0 start. I have some catching up to do

Hang in there, I see 2 good chances for losses on his card! And a possible! Lol

As if I can say what games either you guys gonna miss, I should say which so everyone can double bets tailing him and fading me!! Lmao: I’m just thankful I agreed with him today and on my favorite bet of weekend coming 2mRro!! :)

Great job Gandolf. I picked a bad week to flop. You’ve been consistent all year and deserve to win.
Added my last 2 plays. Full disclosure I was already going to play LAR. Had no clue on the total though. I need the under to tie you so I took that.

Last edited:
Great job Gandy!! I’m with skinless on rams tonight, no clue with total but gun to head think id rather have the over. Gl to you both!!

Looks like I have a little hedge play available tonight.....honestly both these plays are my two least confident picks; I'd have left this game off my list entirely if it was just 5 plays. Good luck skanless!

Looks like I have a little hedge play available tonight.....honestly both these plays are my two least confident picks; I'd have left this game off my list entirely if it was just 5 plays. Good luck skanless!

No doubt! Think this game all comes down to having to trust someone or 2 that is not trustworthy!! If Dhop was playing I’d prob feel different but without him cards don’t have anyone who separates and Kliff damn sure not gonna help them w scheme!! GL

Who won? Was it me? Oh, it wasn't me? Well, that's fair. I did have at least one 5-0 weekend though, for the record. Also:

PICK OFF ... PICK OFF ... PICK OFF ... PICK OFF ...

Good luck tonight, boys.

No doubt! Think this game all comes down to having to trust someone or 2 that is not trustworthy!! If Dhop was playing I’d prob feel different but without him cards don’t have anyone who separates and Kliff damn sure not gonna help them w scheme!! GL
Yep. This game sucks betting wise. Who knows wtf you’re getting

Yep. This game sucks betting wise. Who knows wtf you’re getting

I played rams, without Hopkins just think they prob better, think they def have the better coach, Akers could be a wild card, I like Stafford even tho it very tough to trust him lately, I want him to do well cause ppl are gonna slaughter him and the move by rams if he loses and I think that stupid, it his 1st year in a new system and everyone trying to figure it out, it obvious they a much scarier:better team w him instead of Goff!! They could lose tonight and be way better next year.

Anyways more important than rams winning cause I didn’t trust enough to bet that much is for me to get Murray over 38.5 rush and Stafford over 1.5 tds. Those each close off real big 2 team parlays for me. Obj to score I have to close a little parlay that pays nice w some plus money guys that have all hit. Kupp to score closes one also, I havnt been great with td props this weekend so we see., gl

I felt really shaky about this week and it showed. Feel MUCH better about next week, especially 2 games in particular

Going to try something different and beat Gandolf, at least partially, to the punch. Of course, depending on the lines we use those might change.

So far I have
Tenny -3
Rams +3
Buffalo +2

I’m guessing it gonna have to come down to totals or maybe 1 game cause these things shaking out in a manner right side seems obvious to me and other guys I respect, with maybe 1 toss up/surprise. Kc/bills will be fantastic so either side could win.

Midget QBs for the loss.......feel like Harris English at the Ryder Cup.......how many picks needed this week?

To be totally fair I can’t say how I would’ve fared having to pick 7 cause i only played 4 sides and 1 total this weekend. I didn’t touch either the Bucs or kc games cept props. 7 was tough for sure! You were 4-1 with your top 5 wernt you?

Good number. I was trying to think about, obviously we want enough to have a winner but asking more is tough.
More the first week was to help prevent a tie. With the spacing of the games, it was tougher.

5 this week, then we go to 3 in Championship Week if need be.

200 prize pool. They can chop if they want, they can go 100% to winner... Whatever they would like to do...

Love to see a 5-0 week win this.

It’s only fitting for real!! Considering what they hit to even get here and all the great percentages they finished ahead of!! I think it very doable this week!!

200 prize pool. They can chop if they want, they can go 100% to winner... Whatever they would like to do...

Love to see a 5-0 week win this.
I like the idea of being guaranteed at least something.
@Gandolf what do you think? Maybe winner $125, 2nd place $75?

Last edited:
It was a trick question to secretly decide the winner, you just lost pal!! Lol
Lol. I just actually feel that we both deserve at least something. I’m actually much more confident going into this round than I was going into last one.

Last edited:
I'll post lines in a few hours.

Obviously you pretty much know them. We do place a hook on them to kill ties. I use juice at 3 OL books to decide which way..

Back