Pick Club X -- Divisonal Round PICK OFF!

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Alright,

We are on to the 2nd week for the tiebreaker.

This round will consist of 5 picks total.

I say that we have all picks in by the start of the 1st game Saturday, with edits allowed up until that point. Sound good?

I am going to leave Green Bay as a flat -6, there simply isn't anywhere I have seen with 5.5 or 6.5. Let's keep things clean.

Titans 3.5 and 47

Packers 6 and 47.5

Bucs -2.5 and 48.5

Chiefs 2.5 and 54.5

KC -2.5 - Last week the Bills were, to quote Elaine, "Just a bit too perfect." Are they real and spectacular? I'm going to say the 4 turnovers had a lot to do with winning in KC the last time, and that won't be repeated.
Bucs -2.5 - As Worm would say, "F Stafford and his never ending string of boats." On grass, on the road, short week, and a general dislike of the Rams, give me the GOAT.
Bengals/Titans under 47 - as long as they're not playing KC or Buff, Titans playoff games should be unders
Packers/Niners over 47.5 - Rodgers has not scored less than 20 in a playoff game ever (that's 21 games!), and his last 7 have seen the total go over this number. Niners will chase all the way, which should keep the pedal down for most of the game.
Bengals +3.5 - Couldn't really find a 5th play I liked. That Bills/Chiefs over looks too obvious to work. Niners could hang with Rodgers but I have to think he knows he's 0-3 in the playoffs against them and he'll be motivated to be great here (another reason for the over). Bucs/Rams could be 31-24 shootout or the two defenses could make this a 23-17 type battle. So by process of elimination, and to keep things different, I'm going to root for Joe Cool to follow in the footsteps of the original Joe Cool and start 2-0 in the playoffs.

KC -2.5 - Last week the Bills were, to quote Elaine, "Just a bit too perfect." Are they real and spectacular? I'm going to say the 4 turnovers had a lot to do with winning in KC the last time, and that won't be repeated.
Bucs -2.5 - As Worm would say, "F Stafford and his never ending string of boats." On grass, on the road, short week, and a general dislike of the Rams, give me the GOAT.
Bengals/Titans under 47 - as long as they're not playing KC or Buff, Titans playoff games should be unders
Packers/Niners over 47.5 - Rodgers has not scored less than 20 in a playoff game ever (that's 21 games!), and his last 7 have seen the total go over this number. Niners will chase all the way, which should keep the pedal down for most of the game.
Bengals +3.5 - Couldn't really find a 5th play I liked. That Bills/Chiefs over looks too obvious to work. Niners could hang with Rodgers but I have to think he knows he's 0-3 in the playoffs against them and he'll be motivated to be great here (another reason for the over). Bucs/Rams could be 31-24 shootout or the two defenses could make this a 23-17 type battle. So by process of elimination, and to keep things different, I'm going to root for Joe Cool to follow in the footsteps of the original Joe Cool and start 2-0 in the playoffs.
Good luck brotha. May you win many, but one less than me!

Oh man. I liked last week a lot better when we mostly agreed on the ones I liked most. This week I’m gonna get crushed if you do well. Lol. I kinda like one your totals, lol, fuck. Health I guess. Man I didn’t wanna see this card, I’m gonna just pretend I didht. Gl to both you guys for real!!

Aw man, thanks Skanless! You kept clawing back each week.....thought for sure we were headed to a Conference playoff when Allen hit Davis for the fourth time with 13 seconds left. All four games were a crapshoot and could've gone either way. Nice work!

BAR, I have an idea for a Triple Crown season horse racing contest.......if you just want to send me $50 for the OT win and I'll donate the other $75 towards the contest that would be good. If you want I can run it too and track the entries.

Here's my idea: Contestants place an imaginary $2 Win/Place bet on one horse in each of the 100 point US Derby prep races:

Louisiana Derby - 3/26
Florida Derby - 4/2
Arkansas Derby - 4/2
Jeff Ruby Steaks - 4/2
Wood Memorial - 4/9
Blue Grass - 4/9
Santa Anita Derby - 4/9

Then for the Kentucky Derby it'll be a $4 Win/Place bet on one horse. Same for the Preakness, a $4 Win/Place bet on one horse.

Then for the Test of Champions the Belmont, it'll be a $6 Win/Place bet on one horse. Total $ earned wins.

Following standard race contest rules, there will be a cap on single race amounts won as follows:

- For the $2 bets Win $42 max, Place $21 max
- For the $4 bets Win $84 max, Place $42 max
- For the $6 bets Win $126 max, Place $63 max

This essentially caps the single race earnings at 20/1 to avoid all longshot picks. But the escalating bet amounts in the Triple Crown should keep more players in the hunt.

You think there'd be enough interest?

Aw man, thanks Skanless! You kept clawing back each week.....thought for sure we were headed to a Conference playoff when Allen hit Davis for the fourth time with 13 seconds left. All four games were a crapshoot and could've gone either way. Nice work!

BAR, I have an idea for a Triple Crown season horse racing contest.......if you just want to send me $50 for the OT win and I'll donate the other $75 towards the contest that would be good. If you want I can run it too and track the entries.

Here's my idea: Contestants place an imaginary $2 Win/Place bet on one horse in each of the 100 point US Derby prep races:

Louisiana Derby - 3/26
Florida Derby - 4/2
Arkansas Derby - 4/2
Jeff Ruby Steaks - 4/2
Wood Memorial - 4/9
Blue Grass - 4/9
Santa Anita Derby - 4/9

Then for the Kentucky Derby it'll be a $4 Win/Place bet on one horse. Same for the Preakness, a $4 Win/Place bet on one horse.

Then for the Test of Champions the Belmont, it'll be a $6 Win/Place bet on one horse. Total $ earned wins.

Following standard race contest rules, there will be a cap on single race amounts won as follows:

This essentially caps the single race earnings at 20/1 to avoid all longshot picks. But the escalating bet amounts in the Triple Crown should keep more players in the hunt.

I’m in

Louisiana Derby - 3/26
Florida Derby - 4/2
Arkansas Derby - 4/2
Jeff Ruby Steaks - 4/2
Wood Memorial - 4/9
Blue Grass - 4/9
Santa Anita Derby - 4/9

Love it

Louisiana Derby - 3/26
Florida Derby - 4/2
Arkansas Derby - 4/2
Jeff Ruby Steaks - 4/2
Wood Memorial - 4/9
Blue Grass - 4/9
Santa Anita Derby - 4/9

I’ll just look in to tail ya’ll, never been able to cap the ponies. Lol.

Back