pic of Ted Ginn's injury

albyman32

Resident Cowboys and Horns Homer
Dunno if it would have made a difference for Ohio State but it sure didn't help that he was hurt. Here's what not to do in a TD celebration.

They said Roy Hall slipped and grabbed him on the way down....amazing shit and just is perfect for how the entire game went...

Case Closed.

Injury definitely hurt. Ted is the homerun guy but at the very least is a 1-2 punch with Gonzo. tOSU needed a second receiver to give Smith options to throw to. With one gone, Florida's very good secondary become outstanding.

Sorry, Jump.

rjurewitz said:
Injury definitely hurt. Ted is the homerun guy but at the very least is a 1-2 punch with Gonzo. tOSU needed a second receiver to give Smith options to throw to. With one gone, Florida's very good secondary become outstanding.

Sorry, Jump.

Well said.

I don't think Florida was gonna lose -- they were too fast, too motivated, and too well-prepared.

But the game would've been much, much closer had Teddy G. not gotten hurt. I feel bad for him, for Buckeye fans like 'Jump', and for huge college football fans like myself.

We did not get to see the Buckeyes at true full-strength.

I agree that offense was hampered, but the OL played slow and got beat repeatedly and gave smith no time. Lets not forget how miserable Ohio ST's defense played.. check the drive charts, they couldnt stop the gators at all. OSU only had 84 total yards, the worst in any bcs game ever. Yea GInn would have helped but he couldnt have played all 22 positions..

abcs said:
I agree that offense was hampered, but the OL played slow and got beat repeatedly and gave smith no time. Lets not forget how miserable Ohio ST's defense played.. check the drive charts, they couldnt stop the gators at all. OSU only had 84 total yards, the worst in any bcs game ever. Yea GInn would have helped but he couldnt have played all 22 positions..
BTW i had Ohio ST -7 before i hedged and i was dead wrong, so im not bein a monday morning qb. I knew Ohio ST wasnt unbetable, I knew their schedule was a joke. I just didnt expect florida to play their best game of the year against them. Even Herbie who is Mr Ohio ST said Ginn wouldnt have effected the outcome or the score that much. The defense couldnt cover anyone and the OL couldnt block.. those were basically his exact words

tOSU defense was awful no doubt...4 of Floridas possessions in the first half were at the Ohio State 49, the Ohio State 35, the Ohio State 30 and the Ohio State 5. They got 20 of their 34 points on those possessions. Hard to play defense that way...

Ballgame..

tOSU's tackles looked like they were stuck in the mud no doubt...but the falling behind and Ginn's injury took gameplan away...I really don't get why they ddin't run more as it was evident on the only TD drive they had that they could...but Tressel was stubborn w/ the pass first mentality..the way that Boone and Barton were getting schooled I was shocked he didn't adjust...

Teddy's loss was huge...not only the deeep threat and decoy...but he runs the safeties off and allows Gonzo and Hartline to work the middle of the field...

And still can't believe that we didn't run some screens with the way those DE's were selling out rushing the QB..

Oh well..

JumpOnBoard said:
tOSU defense was awful no doubt...4 of Floridas possessions in the first half were at the Ohio State 49, the Ohio State 35, the Ohio State 30 and the Ohio State 5. They got 20 of their 34 points on those possessions. Hard to play defense that way...

Ballgame..

tOSU's tackles looked like they were stuck in the mud no doubt...but the falling behind and Ginn's injury took gameplan away...I really don't get why they ddin't run more as it was evident on the only TD drive they had that they could...but Tressel was stubborn w/ the pass first mentality..the way that Boone and Barton were getting schooled I was shocked he didn't adjust...

Teddy's loss was huge...not only the deeep threat and decoy...but he runs the safeties off and allows Gonzo and Hartline to work the middle of the field...

And still can't believe that we didn't run some screens with the way those DE's were selling out rushing the QB..

Oh well..
I agree 100%:shake: I will say that nelson was quoted as sayin, ginn was the only one that worried them when gameplanning once he went down they werent worried at all.

TroyStacks said:
kirk knows football better than almost anyone i value his opinion more than any other "expert"

Kirk the Biggest Big Ten Homer I have ever seen, and alot of his insights are very "Madden" Like, you know, very obvious.

Kirk looked embarassed after bragging on how great the big 10 was and how florida didnt deserve to go since michigan was so great. A ton of people ate crow there, but it happens when you make predictions. Kirk is cool guy, for the most part he isnt biased at all, the thing is Ohio St is 0 - 8 SU all time in bowl games against the sec that doesnt hapeen by chance.

Kirk had his preseason top 5 on yesterday and I meant to post it but forgot and since then I have lost some brain cells but I do remember him having

1)USC
2)
3)
4)
5)Rutgers

everythingthatsgreen said:
Kirk had his preseason top 5 on yesterday and I meant to post it but forgot and since then I have lost some brain cells but I do remember him having

1)USC
2)
3)
4)
5)Rutgers

2)LSU
3)FLA
4)MICH

Back