Phoenix

captjohn67

Pretty much a regular
Kanaan+110 Carpenter....the easy no brainer out of the bunch. I'll update record and give some thoughts this evening.

2-0 (+1.425)

Reasoning for the TK play is in the last 3 years on the ovals (17 total races btw) Ed has 3 top 10s in that stretch and TK has 12. Say what you want about TK on road/street courses, but he can still bring it on the ovals. He also was in the top 5 in 3 of the 4 testing sessions back in February here. And to be honest, I always look to fade Ed anyway since he went to part time because there's no damn way you can work on your craft when you're also running the team IMO. Also threw .03 on TK at +3300 fwiw

Testing

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mo...ominate-night-testing-at-phoenix-1003757/amp/

Driver stats

http://racing-reference.info/trackdet/009/O/0

Like Sato -115 Marco but my gut told me not to and I listen to my gut more than ever. You would think they would be kind enough to post Rahal in a matchup but apparently not. In an effort to not make this a shit show like last year they're going to try and rubber in the top groove so they can pass. I predict that will accomplish jack shit so better qualify well. Now we need some track time.

Qualifying
DaJDSfhVwAAVA2b

Last edited:
Bourdais on pole is a bit of a shocker as is Dixons poor performance. Track temperature was a huge factor as the early cars were on ice. Sadly my prediction of little passing will be true. I think the tire degradation will be the key to the race and about the only way to gain spots. Keep your tires under you and try and avoid trouble. Unless I'm way off base, I don't think they'll be back here next year. Obviously I hope I'm wrong and miraculously this turns into an Iowa race instead of the shitfest parade we will witness. Still some track time and we'll see what numbers they throw at us and go from there.

Beginning to wonder if they've forgotten there's a race tonight. It's less than 6 hours and the final practice was last night.

Wanted to see the odds to win just in case but I'm passing. Think Pagenaud gets it done fwiw. Cheers.

Back