Phoenix Grand Prix

captjohn67

Pretty much a regular
0-1 (-0.01)

should you be concerned about the Ganassi cars overheating at St Pete?? I'll let you decide

testing earlier this year

too pretty a day to be in front of a computer and will talk after qualifying, but very few have been here (last here in 2005) but Kanaan has good history here and RHR's history on one mile tracks is nothing to sneeze at (Milwaukee/Iowa)

Newgarden +2750 (.05) insulting as hell, best "value" play on the board
Newgarden -105 Munoz
Rahal -110 Hinch -- beginning to think Hinch has the luck that Mosley had at Indy, except its year round
Kimball -115 Bourdais -- don't be surprised when Kimball qualifies 13th ( the man still can't qualify worth a damn, but he shows up on race day) but Bourdais on ovals is always an attempted fade

see you after qualifying...

Just got done watching the only practice before qualifying (which is coming up shortly) and Carpenter sets the pace at a blistering 192.400. To put that in perspective, nascar runs 143 here. Sato and Hinch both destroyed their cars early in the session, and Rahal and RHR both had bad wobbles, but managed to save it. This is going to be a crazy race Daturday night and once again the decision makers at indycar show their brilliance competing with the final four. That's a damn shame because this is going to be insane and most won't see it. Make sure you record it.

Filippi looks scared to death and Hawksworth is lost in the woods. Let's see how qualifying goes.

Very upset it's happening during Final Four, I would go out there to see Indy cars. Always have avoided that place, no desire to see the other stuff but would love to see this race, wish it was Sunday.

Very upset it's happening during Final Four, I would go out there to see Indy cars. Always have avoided that place, no desire to see the other stuff but would love to see this race, wish it was Sunday.

its just so boneheaded that's it's beyond belief. Be sure and record it, this could be one of the better races of the whole year....we shall see. I just hope they stay safe.

Munoz was the second car out and he just hammered the wall. That's 3 Hondas that have wrecked and the top 10 cars in practice were all Chevys. Not to speculate, but Munoz might have hurt his back on that one as square as the hit was. Thank goodness for the safety barriers they have these days. Damn that hurt to watch.

So Chevy dominates qualifying claiming the first ten spots just like in practice. Marco is the top Honda in 11th. I ilke where I'm sitting with my matchups, with the exception of Rahal, that will be a coin flip. I still want to see the evening practice where they'll be in race trim instead of qualifying trim. I'll be back when they have some numbers up. Helio and Kanaan are in rockets, never count out Montoya, and the Fuzzy Vodka cars were off just a little, but they'll be in the mix as well. And of course Dixon will be there as well....so the usual suspects in other words.

Parlay ----Ed -140 Marco and Pagenaud -140 RHR (1 to 1.939) that will do it unless they have some new matchups up tomorrow. Tip of the cap to Chilton today, damn fine work by the youngster. GLTA

Back