Phoenix from +4.5 to +8

The Suns were very dominant over Min while Kevin was there. Boston is 2-12 vs them thru 2001. Seattle 4-11. Amare is now in Kevins power forward role and putting up big numbers and the 2 have much bad blood. I think reasonable people think the Suns will get a major effort by Boston.
If the major effort will win is another topic. GL

The Suns were very dominant over Min while Kevin was there. Boston is 2-12 vs them thru 2001. Seattle 4-11. Amare is now in Kevins power forward role and putting up big numbers and the 2 have much bad blood. I think reasonable people think the Suns will get a major effort by Boston.
If the major effort will win is another topic. GL

last game they were very physical

Tuck, I appreciate the thoughts, but that doesn't explain why such a massive line swing occurred. It's not like 4.5 was the wrong line and now it kinda corrected itself, it's almost a 4 point swing, huge.

Still puzzled. I leaned Phoenix at +5, I really have no clue what to do now as far as this game is concerned. A skip is more than likely.

:shake:

i dont' see nothing from local papers. nothing from my sources. people just feel boston can't simply lose 3 in a row. and 2 at home. well of course this is the amount of chalk we're talking about. i like the suns to play hard and contend.

Wednesday’s matchup figures to be a much stiffer test but also offers the possibility of a much more rewarding victory.
The Celtics come in having lost two straight after blowing double-digit leads in the second half of games at New Orleans (Saturday) and at home to Philadelphia (Monday).
They have also dropped two in a row at home, where they are 29-6.
Even though they were miffed by a couple of calls that went against them, Phoenix’s loss in Detroit didn’t have much effect on the team’s spirits, which were riding high due to a seven-game winning streak.
“We did enough to win,” Nash said after Monday’s game.
Still, a victory over Boston would reaffirm the Suns’ belief that they are headed in the right direction in their quest for the franchise’s first championship.
It would also allow the Suns to keep pace with the rest of the West’s front-runners, thereby helping their chances for a favorable playoff seed.
They are only 1 1/2 games out of first in the conference and yet wouldn’t have home court if the postseason started today.
But in the Western Conference, that could very well change by the end of Wednesday night.
“We’ve taken solace in the fact that we still think we’re playing well,” guard Raja Bell said. “We have a chance to go out and beat (the team with) the best record in the league. . . .
“We’ll try to take care of them.”
Just like they have in the past.

I see nothing, too......and I'm as confused. mrs.redbearde has it at Celtics -7, anyway, but usually for that kind of move, someone significant (Paul Pierce?) would have to be out. ...wonder what today's surprise is.

why would it move to celtics -7 if pierce is out. you mean someone is out for the suns?

wow! was gonna hit the celts, or maybe 1st half when line was at 4.5. odd thing is, prior to line move, early money was on phoenix. something is up, we'll find out soon enuff. no line moves like that without an injury of significance.

this sux, with i had bit earlier, woulda been great middle opp.

<table id="liveOddsTable2" class="Grid" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr id="e120964" style="background-color: rgb(226, 226, 226);"><td id="teambox"><nobr>511 Phoenix Suns
512 Boston Celtics</nobr>
</td> <td id="NumberOfBets" style="text-align: center;">6339</td> <td id="SpreadPercent" style="text-align: center; background-color: rgb(204, 255, 102);">66%
34%
</td> <td id="MoneyLinePercent" style="text-align: center; background-color: rgb(204, 255, 102);">72%
28%
</td> <td id="ExoticPercent" style="text-align: center; background-color: rgb(204, 255, 102);">61%
39%
</td> <td id="OverUnderPercent" style="text-align: center; background-color: rgb(204, 255, 102);">60%
40%
</td> <td style="background-color: rgb(250, 243, 158);" align="right">208.5u-110
-5.5-105</td> <td id="sb2" align="right">208.5u-114
-7-104</td> <td id="sb9" align="right">208.5u-110
-7-110</td> <td id="sb3" align="right">208.5u-110
-7-105</td> <td id="sb12" align="right">208.5u-110
-7-110</td> <td id="sb8" align="right">209u-110
-7-110</td> <td id="sb18" align="right">208.5u-110
-7-110</td> <td id="sb21" align="right">208.5u-112 (+106)
-7-102 (-104)</td> <td id="sb19" align="right">208.5u-110
-7-110</td> <td id="sb10" align="right">208u-110
-7-110</td></tr></tbody></table>

^ Yellow shows opening line on Pinnacle..-5.5...although I sware I saw -4.5 somewhere

The percents show...well the percents...

First column is the Spread, 2nd is Moneyline, 3rd is parlays, 4th is O/U

As you can see, a lot are on the Suns and the line rose

I like Celtics 1st Half and Game

That sort of line move is an injury. Obviously when it hit -8 Phx backers hit it back to 7 with the obvious value.

^ Thats what I'm thinking...gotta be someone insignificant (well, not one of the big 3, or the big 3 on Phoenix...)

Barbosa? Bell? ...Marcus Banks?

LOL...either way, I'm grabbing Celtics -4 First half as I expect an injury announcement sometime soon

Celtics can't keep doing this lead at the 1st half, blow it 4th quarter bullshit though

They come out fired up for this one, probably will be a 3 point lead at half and blow out Phoenix in the 2nd

Anyone think someone could possibly be suspended for the comments they made about the officiating after the Pistons game the other night?

Thats all I can come up with...

Anyone think someone could possibly be suspended for the comments they made about the officiating after the Pistons game the other night?

Thats all I can come up with...

Good thinking bro. I have been trying to remember a guy hobbling off or anything. That was the biggest thing about that game was the Suns whining about the officiating. They had prolly 1 legit beef. The rest was sour grapes. That being said, usually whining in the mdia about that results in fines instead of suspensions. Interesting thought though.

^^ Yeah I was thinking that at worst it'd be a fine, cause I don't think anything TOO crazy was said about the officiating

I was thinking D'Antoni possibly could get suspended, because it would make a good point before the playoffs if the NBA did something like this (I could see a coach...not a player)

Don't forget Shaq played what 42 minutes the other night? And still only scored 10 LOL...Boston just lost a heart breaker to Philly (can't really call it a heartbreaker, but you know damn well they were pissed they lost that)

I also remember KG beefin a bit with Amare last time they played...remember when Luis Scola pissed off KG before halftime? Yeah, the Celtics came out that 2nd Half and absolutely shut down the Rockets...

I'm gonna grab me a full game line too...it's on ESPN so I might as well

Yeah, our commentators were remarking about how much O'neal played. Thats a very valid point. Amare is terrible on defense. When Sheed wanted to he took him down low and scored and was telling him the whole time. KG, if motivated should score at will.

Yeah, our commentators were remarking about how much O'neal played. Thats a very valid point. Amare is terrible on defense. When Sheed wanted to he took him down low and scored and was telling him the whole time. KG, if motivated should score at will.

:36_11_6:

this is the part about Sheed that must really piss off the opposition.

Late calls on Nash and Shaq were obviously wrong. There was one other call that might have been bad but I simply did not have a good enough view to be sure. Not a big deal. Every team gets nailed. That day it was the Suns but it could have gone their way just as easily.

Sounds like me against Bond today, I was manning up him the whole time..guy has about 3 inches on me....he made me his bitch the first game, but his old ass got tired the 2nd game, and Marlo turned the tables.

Sounds like me against Bond today, I was manning up him the whole time..guy has about 3 inches on me....he made me his bitch the first game, but his old ass got tired the 2nd game, and Marlo turned the tables.

I am going to go play next Monday prolly for first time in awhile. Should be interesting. Hopefully no former NBA 10th men are in the gym as I am not ready for that ;)

I am going to go play next Monday prolly for first time in awhile. Should be interesting. Hopefully no former NBA 10th men are in the gym as I am not ready for that ;)

Bring the oxygen tank with ya.

4.5 when I left home around noon.......come home and see 7.5 and 8 two hours later........a tad suspicious.

I'd be suprised if Boston competed as hard as they'd need to to beat both Phoenix & then Nawlins, considering the cream puffs that follow who'll allow them to finalise the 1-spot.

Those wondering if they can lose 3 straight, and 2 straight home games, should know they've already had both happen this season (lost 3 straight after the ASB break, and lost home games to Charlotte then Washington in mid Jan, that were separated by 2 road games).

^ Nah, can't really question the desire for Boston to win this game

If they beat Suns today and New Orleans Friday they're set for the playoffs...you'll see a lot of resting between Friday and the first round if thats the case

and if they lose today, they're not set for the playoffs? :D They're number one no doubts. What happens here is not certain if you ask me, but if I took anything here I'd rather be on the huge ML dog.

^ Nah, can't really question the desire for Boston to win this game

If they beat Suns today and New Orleans Friday they're set for the playoffs...you'll see a lot of resting between Friday and the first round if thats the case

the question is, why expend "20 units of energy" to have to beat 2 tough teams to seal any deals, when you can expend "3 units of energy" beating cream puffs for exactly the same result? esp. as they know they've overused their big 3 to this point, and they could do with some cruise efforts prior to the playoffs.

If Boston wins here, I'll look long and hard at Nawlins.

Celtics defense is shittin on this Phoenix team so far

Phoenix defense is also shit, Celtics are running train

Gotta love the thought of Doc Rivers walking this team out of the tunnel with a grin on his face...the opposing coaches prob get terrified...

Back