Phillies should already be champs

Football_Expert

Moderator of FE Island
I'm not even a Phillies fan, but if the game gets stopped after 4.5 innings, the Phillies are champs, if it gets stopped after 5, they are champs, if Upton doesn't get on base and steal 2nd, they are champs and if Burrell had an arm worth a shit, they are champs.

Everything had to go right there with 2 outs for the Rays or the game would have had to have been called there after 5.5 as bad as that field was.

I know Selig and those guys are happy they didn't have to award a team a title that just spent 3 hours sitting around a locker room waiting out a rain delay.

I know Philly fans would have taken it. Now, it looks like they will not be able to play tomorrow and the weather looks bleak all week and I can really see a situation where they play those last few innings of Game 5 at Tampa instead of wasting the next few days waiting out rain and possible snow Wednesday and Thursday in Philly.

The next rain free Philly day projected is Friday it seems.

it was convenient for them to end the game when tampa tied it, youre right, but you gotta look at it as that really would be a shitty way to win the series.
on a suspended game/rain out? not good for baseball

if rollins makes that play to throw out upton and doesnt bobble the ball, we wouldnt be having this conversation. phills had their chance to close this out

itd be 2-1 and itd be over.

layover definitely gives an advantage to tampa though.... and i dont like it one bit, either.
theyre still saying theyre going to try to get the game in tomorrow and i hope they do.

Whats happening now I want to bet this series----

Are they playing the whole game or just a few innings?

it will be resumed where it left off, since it was suspended

2-2 bottom 6th with philly coming up to bat

just looked at the weather report, ive now cahnged my mind, this game wont be played till wednesday...

they said theyll gauge it tuesday morning/early afternoon based on the rain, and act accordingly.... well look at the report

Tue, October 28
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="vbgA" align="center" valign="middle" width="55">Time</td> <td class="vbgA" align="center" valign="middle" width="140">Condition</td> <td class="vbgA" align="center" valign="middle" width="55">Feels
</td> <td class="vbgA" align="center" valign="middle" width="55">Chance
Precip
</td> <td class="vbgA" align="center" valign="middle" width="55">Dew
Point
</td> <td class="vbgA" align="center" valign="middle" width="55">Humid.</td> <td class="vbgA" align="center" valign="middle" width="55">Wind</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="99%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="lapHourlyDataRow" align="center" valign="middle" width="55">11am </td> <td class="lapHourlyDataRow" align="center" valign="middle" width="128"> <table class="hrCondData" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="110"> <tbody><tr> <td class="blueText" align="center" valign="middle" width="35">
12.gif
</td> <td class="blueText" align="center" valign="middle" width="75">Rain
47°F </td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> <td class="lapHourlyDataRow" align="center" valign="middle" width="55">40°F</td> <td class="lapHourlyDataRow" align="center" valign="middle" width="55">90%</td> <td class="lapHourlyDataRow" align="center" valign="middle" width="55">38°F</td> <td class="lapHourlyDataRow" align="center" valign="middle" width="55">71%</td> <td class="lapHourlyDataRow" align="center" valign="middle" width="55">From WNW 17 mph</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="99%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="lapHourlyDataRow" align="center" valign="middle" width="55">12pm </td> <td class="lapHourlyDataRow" align="center" valign="middle" width="128"> <table class="hrCondData" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="110"> <tbody><tr> <td class="blueText" align="center" valign="middle" width="35">
12.gif
</td> <td class="blueText" align="center" valign="middle" width="75">Rain
48°F </td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> <td class="lapHourlyDataRow" align="center" valign="middle" width="55">41°F</td> <td class="lapHourlyDataRow" align="center" valign="middle" width="55">80%</td> <td class="lapHourlyDataRow" align="center" valign="middle" width="55">38°F</td> <td class="lapHourlyDataRow" align="center" valign="middle" width="55">68%</td> <td class="lapHourlyDataRow" align="center" valign="middle" width="55">From WNW 19 mph</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="99%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="lapHourlyDataRow" align="center" valign="middle" width="55">1pm </td> <td class="lapHourlyDataRow" align="center" valign="middle" width="128"> <table class="hrCondData" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="110"> <tbody><tr> <td class="blueText" align="center" valign="middle" width="35">
11.gif
</td> <td class="blueText" align="center" valign="middle" width="75">Showers / Wind
48°F </td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> <td class="lapHourlyDataRow" align="center" valign="middle" width="55">41°F</td> <td class="lapHourlyDataRow" align="center" valign="middle" width="55">70%</td> <td class="lapHourlyDataRow" align="center" valign="middle" width="55">38°F</td> <td class="lapHourlyDataRow" align="center" valign="middle" width="55">68%</td> <td class="lapHourlyDataRow" align="center" valign="middle" width="55">From WNW 20 mph</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="99%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="lapHourlyDataRow" align="center" valign="middle" width="55">2pm </td> <td class="lapHourlyDataRow" align="center" valign="middle" width="128"> <table class="hrCondData" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="110"> <tbody><tr> <td class="blueText" align="center" valign="middle" width="35">
11.gif
</td> <td class="blueText" align="center" valign="middle" width="75">Showers / Wind
48°F </td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> <td class="lapHourlyDataRow" align="center" valign="middle" width="55">41°F</td> <td class="lapHourlyDataRow" align="center" valign="middle" width="55">50%</td> <td class="lapHourlyDataRow" align="center" valign="middle" width="55">37°F</td> <td class="lapHourlyDataRow" align="center" valign="middle" width="55">66%</td> <td class="lapHourlyDataRow" align="center" valign="middle" width="55">From WNW 22 mph</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tbody><tr><td class="lapHourlyDataRow" align="center" valign="middle" width="55">3pm </td> <td class="lapHourlyDataRow" align="center" valign="middle" width="128"> <table class="hrCondData" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="110"> <tbody><tr> <td class="blueText" align="center" valign="middle" width="35">
11.gif
48°F </td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> <td class="lapHourlyDataRow" align="center" valign="middle" width="55">41°F</td> <td class="lapHourlyDataRow" align="center" valign="middle" width="55">40%</td> <td class="lapHourlyDataRow" align="center" valign="middle" width="55">36°F</td> <td class="lapHourlyDataRow" align="center" valign="middle" width="55">63%</td> <td class="lapHourlyDataRow" align="center" valign="middle" width="55">From W 22 mph</td></tr></tbody></table>

Will they offer a new line for us?

Will this extra time hurt the RAYS as they are in the hotel and away from home.

Will they offer a new line for us?

Will this extra time hurt the RAYS as they are in the hotel and away from home.

yes they will be giving us a new line.... as for totals i have no fucking idea. i guess theyll have a revised total out there as well

i think it hurts the phills because the rays finally have some momentum now with pena and longoria getting involved for offensive production and finally getting their first hits of this whole series!

seems like now tampa has "new life" and momentum

but also, how will the inexperienced youngins react? now they have to sleep on the fact that this game is going to be continued and ponder the game for the next 24-48 hours..... youve gotta think anxiety may pay a role for the baby rays.

will they come out "tight" at the plate, as a result.... or will they come out with their backs against the wall like they did against boston

I guess a bright side for the Phils is if nothing happens tommorow and game 5 completion goes Wednesday, maybe Hamels can go in Game 7 Friday with almost full rest off a short outing tonight if needed.

I know it's been said before, but I think it was an embarrassment that MLB insisted on games starting at 8 ET. It's just ridiculous. I understand the rationale (ratings on the west coast) but when you have teams that are up against seasonal weather, it's in the interest of the players, fans at the park and fans at home to see the game start earlier. Also, the bs pageantry should be out of the way the first home game for each team, too much precious time is wasted on bull crap.

Personally, this has been on of the weakest WS's in awhile on the basis of the teams there and also because of the logistical mistakes MLB has made.

Yeah I dont know what to do, 2 college games tomorrow---

But I can tell you a few things, i am disgusted about DUNGY's decision TODAY--

I will not tolerate coaches that think its about them and not the team
We cannot make decisions that cost the team and then come off the sidelines non chelant
I would rather play with 10 people and get penalized all the way
It is more about Dungy then it is about the team
cannot play with them
Cannot win with them
cannot coach with them
Can't do it
I want winners, i want people that want to win

Wake up DUNGY you assole go hit the showers

I know it's been said before, but I think it was an embarrassment that MLB insisted on games starting at 8 ET. It's just ridiculous. I understand the rationale (ratings on the west coast) but when you have teams that are up against seasonal weather, it's in the interest of the players, fans at the park and fans at home to see the game start earlier. Also, the bs pageantry should be out of the way the first home game for each team, too much precious time is wasted on bull crap.

That was stupid, these 8pm starts. Nobody out west cares about this series. Hell, hardly anyone in the east does. is this series getting the worst rating ever?

It definitely looks like Wednesday night for completion of Game 5.

They have tomorrow at 8 as a number they threw out there, but it looks like rain well into the night.

May as well not piss the same fans off twice and have them come back to sit out a rain delay and another postponement.

I thought that under no circumstances would the game not be completed.

Selig had a meeting with both managers before the game and told them exactly that. So the initial post about it stopping after 5 etc. is completely wrong.
Unfortunately, even the players didnt know about this until the rain delay occured at which point the managers told the players about the pregame meeting.

I'm not even a Phillies fan, but if the game gets stopped after 4.5 innings, the Phillies are champs, if it gets stopped after 5, they are champs, if Upton doesn't get on base and steal 2nd, they are champs and if Burrell had an arm worth a shit, they are champs.

Everything had to go right there with 2 outs for the Rays or the game would have had to have been called there after 5.5 as bad as that field was.

I know Selig and those guys are happy they didn't have to award a team a title that just spent 3 hours sitting around a locker room waiting out a rain delay.

I know Philly fans would have taken it. Now, it looks like they will not be able to play tomorrow and the weather looks bleak all week and I can really see a situation where they play those last few innings of Game 5 at Tampa instead of wasting the next few days waiting out rain and possible snow Wednesday and Thursday in Philly.

The next rain free Philly day projected is Friday it seems.

No playoff game should be decided until game has gone at least 8.5 innings & the rules will state such in the future , you can bank on it.

just feel bad for kazmir .. the strike zone he was throwing at was twice as small as cole hamels ...

Yeah. Phil backers IMO got screwed. No way should the game have been played though too. Umps are fucking atrocious. Momentum definitely on TB's side. Although I agree with someone saying that it can be a good thing for Phil seeing as if this goes to a Game 7 then Hamels could start. If they would've called the game with Phil up 2-1 and gave the WS to Phil that would have been the biggest joke in major league sports. It's the WS not opening day. If anything they should have suspended the game with Phil up 2-1 at the beginning of the 6th inning.

If the game is being continued, why is it already posted as a W for Philly? I hedged against my series bet and got a winner on the ML, so it is great for me, but still seems odd since the game will be continued.

Back