phillies fans-- question

• Thread starter Thread starter wadegarrett
  • Start date Start date
W

wadegarrett

For the guys who watch the phils on TV. I can't stand the announcers...
Why is every pitch throw called a "cutter" by idiots McCarthy n Wheeler.
I never hear the word cutter used when watching any other games on TV
But these idiots call every pitch.a cutter.
Wtf is a cutter

The Phillies have a horrible TV team. Wheeler is unbearable. McCarthy is OK but likes to hear himself talk a little too much.

Phils radio crew is one of the better ones though.

In 2007 I bought the MLB tv package online and it was good but the next year I only had the radio package and it was much better.

Ok I've heard of a cutter but every pitch thrown is not a cutter.
The word cutter u will not hear thru an entire broadcast by other crews.
The phillies crew uses it 3 times per half inning.

For the guys who watch the phils on TV. I can't stand the announcers...
Why is every pitch throw called a "cutter" by idiots McCarthy n Wheeler.
I never hear the word cutter used when watching any other games on TV
But these idiots call every pitch.a cutter.
Wtf is a cutter
ask this dude

mariano_rivera.jpg

Cloyd, the guy who started for the Phillies tonight, throws his cutter just over 40 percent of the time according to fangraphs, and he probably went to it a lot more than that tonight. And the Sox mashed it.

Mariano's cutter gotta be the most dominant pitch in the history of baseball. Wonder how many bats he's broken in his career.

Ok all fine BUT every single pitcher does not throw a cutter as the phils announcing crew suggests

Ok all fine BUT every single pitcher does not throw a cutter as the phils announcing crew suggests

Hamels, Halladay, Lee, Kendrick and Pettibone all throw cutters along with Cloyd. That's nuts. First time I've ever seen an entire starting staff be equipped with a cutter. CUTTER!

Ok guys my thing is if u watch the phils TV crew they like to call every pitch a cutter. Its so annoying is my point. I rarely hear the word cutter during any other broadcast crews.

There's a major difference between a two seam and four seam fastball....do u get pissed when they only call them fastballs?

a cutter is a slider or curve grip but thrown like a four seamer...it's really tough to throw

Mariano's cutter gotta be the most dominant pitch in the history of baseball. Wonder how many bats he's broken in his career.
G4M....agree mariano was the best and what was most amazing imo was that he threw it with such pin point accuracy.....he would throw the same exact pitch (cutter) in the same exact location 3-4 times in a row and they couldn't hit it....the guy is amazing and the best i have ever seen i am a hard core sox fan

if you dont know what a cutter is in baseball you probably should never bet on a game or even bother posting about the sport. this gets kids into $$ trouble.

I believe when Halladay came over, more and more guys started throwing a cutter similar to what he throws. I think he was instrumental in teaching Kendrick the pitch.

Use of Cutter:

Kendrick- 17%
Halladay- 41%
Hamels- 10%
Cloyd- 33%
Lee- 17%

I believe when Halladay came over, more and more guys started throwing a cutter similar to what he throws. I think he was instrumental in teaching Kendrick the pitch.

Use of Cutter:

Kendrick- 17%
Halladay- 41%
Hamels- 10%
Cloyd- 33%
Lee- 17%

That was alltime. Didn't look at this year, but I'd venture to guess they've used it a lot more recently.

There's a major difference between a two seam and four seam fastball....do u get pissed when they only call them fastballs?

a cutter is a slider or curve grip but thrown like a four seamer...it's really tough to throw

Ok guys until u watch a few.phils games and hear the announcing crew then fuck off..
Its a running joke with a few guys I know who watch the games.. everyone of us caught on to McCarthy n Wheeler calling 90% of the pitches a cutter.
Yes I get that Mariano throws a cutter but I don't feel every.single phillies pitcher throws a damn cutter 90% of the.time..
I was being a.jackass saying I never heard of a.cutter.b4. If u listen to the phils crew, every pitch is called a cutter. Radar gun can read 94. Radar gum can read 81. Ball can be straight n flat. Ball can drop. Cutter cutter cutter cutter.
I dare.anyone to watch a few games.on MLB package n tell me I am wrong

if you dont know what a cutter is in baseball you probably should never bet on a game or even bother posting about the sport. this gets kids into $$ trouble.

Exactly so stay outta.any football threads

Ok guys until u watch a few.phils games and hear the announcing crew then fuck off..
Its a running joke with a few guys I know who watch the games.. everyone of us caught on to McCarthy n Wheeler calling 90% of the pitches a cutter.
Yes I get that Mariano throws a cutter but I don't feel every.single phillies pitcher throws a damn cutter 90% of the.time..
I was being a.jackass saying I never heard of a.cutter.b4. If u listen to the phils crew, every pitch is called a cutter. Radar gun can read 94. Radar gum can read 81. Ball can be straight n flat. Ball can drop. Cutter cutter cutter cutter.
I dare.anyone to watch a few games.on MLB package n tell me I am wrong
tl;dr....did catch the part where u said u were being a jackass though :)

I do call bullshit on at least half of these announcers' instantaneous recognitions of pitches from a hundred feet in the air, sometimes at a bit of an angle.

I do call bullshit on at least half of these announcers' instantaneous recognitions of pitches from a hundred feet in the air, sometimes at a bit of an angle.
yea agreed there...its based solely on pitch speed on the scoreboard, nothing else...they can't tell if it was a cutter, 2 seam or sinker or splitter or whatever

Thank u
Finally.someone understands.
Just hate the phils crew of McCarthy n Wheeler more than anything

Use of Cutter:

Kendrick- 17%
Halladay- 41%
Hamels- 10%
Cloyd- 33%
Lee- 17%

i believe its mariano that taught halladay how to throw cutter when they in an allstar game few years back.....they mention it during last r two years ago during allstar....

Those stats up above state cliff lee throws it 17% of the time.. ok watch n listen tonight. U will hear cutter once an AB min.

This year he's thrown cutter 20% of the time with a sinker 53% of the time. The sinker is about 91 and the cutter 87

hey wg....i am watching the philly boston game on bostons NESN...they are calling lee's pitches fastballs and change ups...just saying...lol

You're probably right that every single pitcher probably doesn't throw one, but many many more have started to throw them in the past decade. There's probably at least 2 or 3 guys on every team that throw one.

man...lee just keep throwing strikes and fastballs mixed with a few curves...damn he's good

grind....pedro interview interesting and i absolutely loved him when he pitched for us....17 strikeout performance against yanks best game i ever saw thrown....but read francona's book....different take on pedro

hey wg....i am watching the philly boston game on bostons NESN...they are calling lee's pitches fastballs and change ups...just saying...lol

Yes but its not the phillies home crew..
they say cutter cutter cutter

Back