Philadelphia Sixers vs Boston Celtics Series Discussion

Too much star power and scoring for Philly plus they have chemistry but again it's a bit of a coaching mismatch in the C's favor.

I don't believe the coaching mismatch will be enough in this series for the C's.....Jalen is slightly wounded and i don't believe the C's have enough offense to overcome Philly's talent....Philly in 6

I don't believe the coaching mismatch will be enough in this series for the C's.....Jalen is slightly wounded and i don't believe the C's have enough offense to overcome Philly's talent....Philly in 6
What is wrong with Jaylen?

Jaylen Brown confirmed OUT.

Dude the C's best defender and is huge in this series for Boston.

Massive, massive loss.

Hopefully Philly comes in uber-focused, only they can lose this series.

Jaylen Brown confirmed OUT.

Dude the C's best defender and is huge in this series for Boston.

Massive, massive loss.

Hopefully Philly comes in uber-focused, only they can lose this series.

Nope and nope.

Marco Smellinelli is brutal.

Young team that overachieved and got the 3-seed.

Not a joke, just need to learn how to win playoff basketball.

It's a good, hard lesson for this team that will be an Eastern force for years to come.

Young team that overachieved and got the 3-seed.

Not a joke, just need to learn how to win playoff basketball.

It's a good, hard lesson for this team that will be an Eastern force for years to come.
They will be pretty good in the future but they were vastly overrated coming into this series. New Orleans is a better squad right now. Just sucks they are in the West. Boston will be the force in the East the next few years imo. Much tougher and better coached than the Sixers.

Last edited:
Sixers will never get past a fully loaded Cs team next few years. Not with a bust in Fultz and a top 10 talent in Tatum headlining the botched process.

Boston is 100% effort at all times. Look at those inbounds plays where they’re supposed to be simple, and Philly can’t even execute it.

And that wide open dunk Simmons had in regulation, smh. You cannot have that, especially the way he is playing.

Props to Stevens, but Brown has been downright awful. How do you not use time out with 24 secs left and game tied, what was he saving it for?! And then half of the team not sure what the play was and Redick throws away the ball...so many small mistakes by Sixers that well coached teams (Celtics) just don't make.

Philly not overrated, just ran into a team (mainly coach) that's been there before.

Stevens has the formula on his guys, these are dudes with something to prove being 'role players' and all.

Playing with massive chips and I bet Stevens reminds them every game just what the analysts and rest of the league thought of their chances.

They've been massively disrespected by Vegas and I've disrespected them too.

I can say that if Kyrie and Hayward were playing and in the same spot like last night the C's would lose.

Starting vets don't have the same degree of hunger, they'd have 'professionally' taken the night off.

And finally what Simmons did last night can't be forgiven.

I’ve been watching the NBA for almost 30 years , I’m terrible betting it , but you can’t tell me 76ers are more talented than Boston and Down 3-0.

If talent is still being based off of where they were ranked as college recruits, then yes, the Sixers have more. But in reality they’re not. Every positional battle a huge edge for Boston except Center where it’s a wash. Although I prefer Al’s game over a ball centric big man.

How is Philly not overrated when you said NO is overrated? Nawlins would steamroll them. Davis is way better than Embiid. I’d probably even take NO’s supporting cast over Philly’s. New Orleans would probably win the East.

How is Philly not overrated when you said NO is overrated? Nawlins would steamroll them. Davis is way better than Embiid. I’d probably even take NO’s supporting cast over Philly’s. New Orleans would probably win the East.

Eric, Nawlins was overrated coming into this series off of a sweep of Portland. Not overrated in general. Was explained in the thread.

This should have been a sweep but for the Dubs not giving two shits in Game 3.

Overrated and dumb are two different things. Sixers are the latter.

Eric, Nawlins was overrated coming into this series off of a sweep of Portland. Not overrated in general. Was explained in the thread.

This should have been a sweep but for the Dubs not giving two shits in Game 3.

Overrated and dumb are two different things. Sixers are the latter.
Golden State is just too good man. Nobody will beat them. Doesn’t alter how I feel about Nawlins. I thought they were a one man show when Boogie went down but they’ve already far exceeded expectations. If Cousins was healthy they’d be a legitimate threat. Two top 5 bigs on one team is tough to deal with. Not sure what Boogie will do in the offseason. I hope Davis doesn’t go the Durant route in the future and bail on NO.

Oh, and that game 3 NO play was one of the easiest plays I’ve made. Yesterday, not so much....should’ve known better than to bet against the ridiculous Mitch Bade GS team twice in a row! Thoughts on Philly -6 tonight?

Last edited:
First-time posting...
Regards from Serbia, Europe.

Interested about yours opinion for tonight. Is there strength in Philadelphia, to win 4th game? Or they_have lost every hope?
I didnt expected this level of games by Boston squad, but I have doubts about willingness to win at least one game at home?

Thanks in advance...

Celtics ML for me.

The matchup just exposes the sixers.... ive been saying it since the playoffs started... their long win streak in march/april was against the shittiest group of opponents that is possible... its was not impressive... that win streak made them overhyped and overvalued.

Boston takes the 3 point shot attempts away and completely negates what this philly team wants to do.... the coach is not able to adapt from what has gotten his team to this stage... they dont play through Embiid enough. That is where they have the advantage over boston... their offense just doesnt feature him as much as they should

Last edited:
Stevens 3
The Process 1

one of the referees for Game 4, Tony Brothers, has a history of officiating Celtics postseason losses. Boston has now dropped its last eight playoff contests he’s refereed.
In addition to Brothers, the NBA’s most infamous zebra, Scott Foster, was also on the call. Disgraced referee Tim Donaghy, who was sentenced to 15 months in prison for betting on games he officiated, placed 134 calls to Foster between October 2006 and April 2007, which is when Donaghy confessed to either betting on games or passing along information to gamblers. During that time, Donaghy called Foster more often than he phoned his bookie.
Early on, it was apparent the Sixers would receive the benefit of the whistles Monday. In the second quarter, the Celtics were called for 11 fouls. Philadelphia, meanwhile, was only charged with one. Jayson Tatum accumulated three fouls in the first half, and Jaylen Brown, who finished with five fouls, was whistled for a technical in the third quarter. Brad Stevens got one immediately afterwards.

onto Game 5, see you in Boston Meek

Back