Percy Harvin to the Jets

GatorsLeafsBills

Pretty much a regular
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>BREAKING: The JETS have just agreed with Seattle to a trade sending WR Percy Harvin to NY for conditional pick. FOX SPORTS has learned.</p>&mdash; Jay Glazer (@JayGlazer) <a href="https://twitter.com/JayGlazer/status/523223476086525952">October 17, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Seahawks had been nosing around the trade market for Harvin for a bit. Found a taker in John Idzik and the Jets.</p>&mdash; Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/523223905629384704">October 17, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquoteclass="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Seahawks traded 1st/3rd-round picks for Percy Harvinand came away with 10 games, 27 catches, 322 yards from scrimmage, and 2 TDs.</p>&mdash; Bill Barnwell (@billbarnwell) <a href="https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/523226066433740801">October 17, 2014</a></blockquote> <script asyncsrc="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquoteclass="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Wow... And some thought the Dow Jones tumbled earlier this week... That's nothing compared to Percy Harvin's fantasy value. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/nyjets?src=hash">#nyjets</a></p>&mdash; Michael Kim (@MichaelKim120) <a href="https://twitter.com/MichaelKim120/status/523225931176222720">October 17, 2014</a></blockquote> <script asyncsrc="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Jets also gonna bring Tebow back to run read option...Nah but seriously Jets will likely run a lot of option stuff with Harvin in town, they have no deep threats and try to keep game simpler for Geno minimize turnovers

Jets also gonna bring Tebow back to run read option...Nah but seriously Jets will likely run a lot of option stuff with Harvin in town, they have no deep threats and try to keep game simpler for Geno minimize turnovers

I could see that working well for them. Fantasy value of CJ2 and Ivory have to be hurt by this deal.

wow surprising. not sure what they're thinking. must be some behind the scene noise we don't know of.

To me he opened up the run game for Lynch and Wilson. Dual Threat. Think Seattle will hurt just a tad. Basically got rid of a playmaker.

To me he opened up the run game for Lynch and Wilson. Dual Threat. Think Seattle will hurt just a tad. Basically got rid of a playmaker.

at the very least, the idea of him as a threat for a big play helped the offense. but yeah, not a very productive stint with the hags. but thats a big play option thats gone for an offense that could've used it

I love listening to them saying he wasn't being effective especially against the Cowboys. The previous game he had 3 TDs called back for penalties. If the Jets just gave up a 4th, its a steal for them but he won't do shit there because there is no QB

freeing up money to pay R. Wilson and getting something in return before he gets hurt again may be a reason...Does seem a little odd why they would do it midseason. Windows to win S. Bowls are small and he seems like a key player for them

@LanceZierlein: @Patchmc42 Things got a little funky when Wilson challenged him about his attitude. I was told SEA was worried about Wilson after that.

L@LanceZierlein: I was told “Harvin’s anger issues are just too much to deal with and he could single handedly bring down team chemistry”. Wow. Unreal.

@LanceZierlein: History of confrontations w/ teammates contd in SEA according to my guy including punching G Tate during SB week & near fight w/ #3 in ‘14

Possibly one of the most electric guys on the field when healthy. Happy cause I fucking hate Pete Carroll and his fucking bubble gum.

Possibly one of the most electric guys on the field when healthy. Happy cause I fucking hate Pete Carroll and his fucking bubble gum.

Tito Francona chews double bubble. Do you hare him too.

Harvin just became the top wr on the team. He may surprise everyone. Guys love to play for Ryan.

I don't hate sveryone that chews gum. Just the ones that chew it like a goat. Not thee G.O.A.T. but A goat.

Dude seems like the bads are starting to outweigh the goods w him. Insane talent but the combination of salary plus his injury history plus his anger issues, i see why a team would want to rid themselves

These guys dont have to be good dudes but how hard is it to just be respectful of teammates. Teams starting to show they dont put up w it anymore. U wanna be a dick? Good you can leave ur playoff bound team to go to the shitty jets or redskins

THe story back in the day while at FLorida. He beat the shit out of Jarred Fayson who was a stud playmaking freshman in 2007. Made him trasnfer to Illinois and ever be heard from again. He's as talented as any player in the NFL but no one has been able to calm him down.

Harvin just became the top wr on the team. He may surprise everyone. Guys love to play for Ryan.

Probably lets them run a train on his wife.

Idiot pumped his fist every time the refs bailed his team out last night with a flag. Rex is Captain El fucking Douche.

@LanceZierlein: History of confrontations w/ teammates contd in SEA according to my guy including punching G Tate during SB week & near fight w/ #3 in ‘14

B0LwZLSCIAAUXzV.png

Kids a fucking cancer. He threw a dumbell at Leslie Frazier when he was in Minnesota.

Dude constantly misses practice games. Elite talent, but fucked in the head.

No doubt who runs the Seattle Seahawks, and its not Pete Carroll

Yeah and here they are:

1. Vick
2. Geno
3. Bilal Powell
4. Santonio Holmes
5. Braylon Edwards
6. Mark Sanchez
7. Chris Johnson
8. Plaxico Burress

NOW....what good offensive players Love playing for Rex Ryan????

:rofl:hahaha

Don't think anyone is going to question his talent...

His Attitude/anger - look at the tweets that went out about him and then look at his contract..... Jets have mucho cap space and need a playmaker..
i think he ends up in trouble and suspended sooner than later...

I figure I'll throw this in here instead of starting a brand new thread, but wanted to share an update I got over the weekend on Harvin. Buddy of mine is good friends with the son of one of the Seattle front office guys. I won't say which one, but suffice to say this guy is very involved on the personnel side of things. In any case, the reason for the trade boils down to two things. One - Harvin is bipolar and his behavior is extremely erratic and disruptive in the locker room. We've heard the stories about fights, etc. and it makes perfect sense. He's very moody and pretty much does what he wants and doesn't really take medication for it (something to keep an eye on in NY). Second, Russell Wilson did try to help Percy but was extremely afraid of him from a physical standpoint. He couldn't trust Harvin to keep it together and thought he would snap at any point. Just ask Golden Tate.

I don't have any real agenda here other than to share it with the group. A change of scenery is not going to help Harvin IMO.

I figure I'll throw this in here instead of starting a brand new thread, but wanted to share an update I got over the weekend on Harvin. Buddy of mine is good friends with the son of one of the Seattle front office guys. I won't say which one, but suffice to say this guy is very involved on the personnel side of things. In any case, the reason for the trade boils down to two things. One - Harvin is bipolar and his behavior is extremely erratic and disruptive in the locker room. We've heard the stories about fights, etc. and it makes perfect sense. He's very moody and pretty much does what he wants and doesn't really take medication for it (something to keep an eye on in NY). Second, Russell Wilson did try to help Percy but was extremely afraid of him from a physical standpoint. He couldn't trust Harvin to keep it together and thought he would snap at any point. Just ask Golden Tate.

I don't have any real agenda here other than to share it with the group. A change of scenery is not going to help Harvin IMO.

This makes sense, and seems in line with what all of the so-called "insiders" have been saying about Harvin. It's pretty much a given that his attitude and propensity to start fights with his teammates led to the trade....there really is no other logical explanation for making this trade when they did.

A change of scenery probably won't help him, you're right....especially when that change of scenery is to the Jets. I'm not sure what the Jets are even thinking bringing this guy in...their offenses "situation" will only lend to Harvin getting more frustrated and letting his malcontent ways shine through. It seems Seattle sent him to the Jets to spite him...as there were a few other teams who showed interest in acquiring Harvin....and each of those teams has an offense, all of them making a better landing spot for Harvin, as a player, than NY does.

Well they apparently would only send him to Denver for Julius Thomas, and they wanted Cameron from the Browns for him. Instead they get a 6th round pick...now it comes out he was gonna be cut if they couldn't trade him. :rofl:

Back