Penn State vs Pittsburgh Preview Article

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Had to come late to this game. Thus breaking the rule of thumb "bet favorites early; bet underdogs late." Just don't like betting the full game here because of the line movement, but the 1H line hasn't moved so much from where it opened...granted the 1H line is influenced by the fg line, it's just a psychological thing, I guess. Maybe a good thing though in case it comes to PSU sitting starters and Pitt backdoor-ing. Locking this in before I get a chance to write up as I suspect the 1h line will move at least the full point from where it opened (13)

Pick: 1H Penn State -13.5

Write-up forthcoming. My main points will (presumably) revolve around revenge and losses to Pitt (departures and Whitehead injury)

Sorry brothers. No write-up on this game. Ended up having to preview another game. But points for this game are basically: 1) revenge from last year, so motivation to come out max effort in the first half. And 2) Pitt's key departures as well as their injury to their best man in the secondary, which even with Whitehead, is still very shaky. This is not the Pitt team from last year. I see PSU coming out and rolling over Pitt. One can't always be contrarian, hopefully the public (and I) will be right on this one. BOL.

My guess is that Pitt scores on their 1st drive to go up 7-0 and they lose 42-14

Can Penn State get most of those 42 points in the first half Utah? :D

But too true, often times when you expect a steamrolling, the other team comes out and pulls off a bit of an early surprise :boxing:

its extremely strong to say PSU dominated the 1H...Pitt has twice as many yards as PSU.

Ya the offense totally underachieved against a poor Pitt secondary even without Whitehead. But i meant defensively they shut Pitt down...it was 14-0 for 16 straight minutes and then to lose the cover in the last minute...that's the bitter aspect

Back