Penn St deserves to be in over Ohio St.

crawdads

Fairway to Heaven
Maybe over UDub. Please leave the noise about conference champs elsewhere. What a weak argument.

“It’s sarcasm, Josh.”

“Sarcasm?”

“It’s from the Greek, sarkasmos. To bite the lips. It means that you aren’t really saying what you mean, but people will get your point. I invented it, Bartholomew named it.”

“Well, if the village idiot named it, I’m sure it’s a good thing.”

“There you go, you got it.”

“Got what?”

“Sarcasm.”

“No, I meant it.”

“Sure you did.”

“Is that sarcasm?”

“Irony, I think.”

“What’s the difference?”

“I haven’t the slightest idea.”

“So you’re being ironic now, right?”

“No, I really don’t know.”

“Maybe you should ask the idiot.”

“Now you’ve got it.”

“What?”

“Sarcasm.”
Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal

LOL can't even reply to the logical argument made in the proper thread, have to make a separate post adding zero substance. Truly well done.

Maybe over UDub. Please leave the noise about conference champs elsewhere. What a weak argument.

It's "the" argument that the committee made against TCU last year.

Certainly agree PSU deserves to be in over tOSU, and the conference champ 'argument,' along with the H2H are the reasons why.

So tOSU loses to said team....doesn't go to their own conference championship game to even have the opp to win or lose....
Pedo St goes to said game, and wins, and wins the BiG conference.

tOSU gets in the playoff.

Now please tell me how they got it right?

So tOSU loses to said team....doesn't go to their own conference championship game to even have the opp to win or lose....
Pedo St goes to said game, and wins, and wins the BiG conference.

tOSU gets in the playoff.

Now please tell me how they got it right?

Because Ohio State is better. They lost one game by 3 points....Penn St. lost twice and got absolutely destroyed in one of those defeats.

Anyone claiming that Penn St. deserves to be in....on a neutral field your betting Penn St. over Ohio St. next weekend ?

Didn't think so

Because Ohio State is better. They lost one game by 3 points....Penn St. lost twice and got absolutely destroyed in one of those defeats.

Anyone claiming that Penn St. deserves to be in....on a neutral field your betting Penn St. over Ohio St. next weekend ?

Didn't think so

today, Dec 5th, 2016 I absolutely bet Pedo St over ohio state on a neutral. why wouldn't you?

Take into consideration that if tOSU had lost to Michigan - - yeh, I know they didn't, but it was a pretty tainted win - - then we wouldn't even be having this discussion. My vote goes to Penn State.

Didn't think so

I would be on Penn St without a doubt.

Didn't think so
Bullshit. Who cares if they lost by 3 or 39?

Pedo St should be in

Didn't think so

And they aren't better. They lost to Penn St already.

I don't think we would be having this argument all else equal if Michigan was in and tOSU was not. PSU beat OSU, OSU beat UM, UM curb stomped PSU.

I don't think we would be having this argument all else equal if Michigan was in and tOSU was not. PSU beat OSU, OSU beat UM, UM curb stomped PSU.

It would be worse. Mich lost 2 of their last 3 - one game to an unranked team. I think PSU should be in but tOSU is at least 11-1

agree

I'm not a fan of PSU anyways, so I'm biased. They were 2-2 and lost to PITT and needed some help and calls to beat Minny in OT at home. Since then, they've played great, but I think it's a stretch to call it a travesty that PSU isn't in. JMO.

agree

I'm not a fan of PSU anyways, so I'm biased. They were 2-2 and lost to PITT and needed some help and calls to beat Minny in OT at home. Since then, they've played great, but I think it's a stretch to call it a travesty that PSU isn't in. JMO.

I'm ambiguous about PSU and Mich, but am a fan of tOSU (mrtake from Ohio). I wouldn't go so far as to say it is a travesty, but PSU earned it - they lost games early (not late like Mich) and have been on fire. Pitt also handed Clemson their only loss.

I'm also a little biased about the whole "sit on your ass at home and benefit" thing because someone has to lose the championship game. CU makes it to their championship game, loses and is relegated to the Alamo bowl against Okie St (we've seen this game sooooo many times). Yes, I KNOW USC/PSU will be a better game, but it sucks to be on this side.

Penn State had 2 losses; Ohio State has 1 (on the road vs. Penn State). Ohio State clearly deserves it. I could see an argument over Washington or Clemson, but in reality the four best teams are:

Bama
Ohio State
Michigan
Clemson

Penn State had 2 losses; Ohio State has 1 (on the road vs. Penn State). Ohio State clearly deserves it. I could see an argument over Washington or Clemson, but in reality the four best teams are:

Bama
Ohio State
Michigan
Clemson

Huh? Clemson has one loss. So by your ohio state "rationalization" PSU should not be in over Clemson bc Clemson only has one loss and to boot PSU did not even beat Clemson like they did ohio state. Oh the bias or at best not very thought out reasoning.

I'm not sure what you are saying. I think Ohio State deserves to be in over Penn State.

On a totally separate and not related issue, I believe the four best teams are the ones I listed (in order).

I'm not sure what you are saying. I think Ohio State deserves to be in over Penn State.

On a totally separate and not related issue, I believe the four best teams are the ones I listed (in order).

In short, how can you see an argument of PSU over Clemson when your rationalization was ohio state has one loss and PSU has two losses. Clemson has one loss too and didn't actually lose to PSU

Bama
Ohio State
Michigan
Clemson

How to you get Michigan in there? They lost 2 of their last 3 games (late losses matter more, remember) - one to an unranked team and didn't make their conference championship.

How to you get Michigan in there? They lost 2 of their last 3 games (late losses matter more, remember) - one to an unranked team and didn't make their conference championship.

I love the Bassett. Yours?

They don't deserve to be in the top 4, but they are one of the top 4 teams in the country, imo. If I was betting on teams, I consider them the 3rd best team in the country, maybe even second ahead of Ohio State. But, the playoff system isn't designed for the "4 best teams" as it sits now.

In short, how can you see an argument of PSU over Clemson when your rationalization was ohio state has one loss and PSU has two losses. Clemson has one loss too and didn't actually lose to PSU

Didn't mean to imply it was a great argument. But, if you wanted to go by all 3 were champions and Penn State probably had the toughest road and is the "hottest" at the moment.

Bama
Ohio State
Michigan
Clemson

Who cares who the best teams are? This is sports, and they're supposed to be crowning a champion, not finding the best team. Do we have any other examples in sports where we try to find the best team as opposed to the champion?

Since we are in the what if part of the game...

What if Wisky beat PSU, would they have made it in top 4?

Good question.....I would've....but from what we saw from the committee.....it seems that game didn't matter at all.
Sad.

Conversely, IF FLA had beat Bama.....would anyone have them in?

2014 - Big 12 were told that a conference championship game was important

2015 - Big 12 get the NCAA to change its rules and implements a championship game from 2017

2016 - conference championship games now irrelevant

2014 - Big 12 were told that a conference championship game was important

2015 - Big 12 get the NCAA to change its rules and implements a championship game from 2017

2016 - conference championship games now irrelevant

As is head to head evidently.

They don't deserve to be in the top 4, but they are one of the top 4 teams in the country, imo. If I was betting on teams, I consider them the 3rd best team in the country, maybe even second ahead of Ohio State. But, the playoff system isn't designed for the "4 best teams" as it sits now.

Why do you consider Michigan the 3rd best team in the country?

Mich didn't even leave their own state to play games, fuck them.

Yea, Michigan becomes a bigger fraud (for CFP hype) every time someone throws out a fun fact like this one - Michigan played five teams with a record of better than .500. They were 3-2. Not CFP material at all.

Good question.....I would've....but from what we saw from the committee.....it seems that game didn't matter at all.
Sad.

Conversely, IF FLA had beat Bama.....would anyone have them in?

The question I have is that if the spots were reversed: Ohio St is a 2 loss B1G champ, but Penn St is 11-1 non champ, does anyone even mention PSU? I think I know the answer there.

The question I have is that if the spots were reversed: Ohio St is a 2 loss B1G champ, but Penn St is 11-1 non champ, does anyone even mention PSU? I think I know the answer there.
:shake2:

its definitely brand name

Back