Payton Retiring... For now

Saw some media people saying Aikman may move to amazon and do Thursday games with most likely Al Michael's

Fox wants Payton to replace him, if he leaves

Gotta be TV or nada. He looks rough, probably needs a break.

Gayle always acts like that in that interview so I wouldn’t read much into that.

If he goes I’m sure Dennis Allen gets a look, think he interviewed for Bears today or is

With Payton still being under contract for a few more years the Cowboys or whoever else wants him is going to have to compensate the Saints. He will probably work tv for a year and then go to Dallas with the Saints getting one or two first round picks in return.

Having no QB probably made last season feel a lot longer than it was. Payton can't be interested in coaching another season without an answer at the position.

i'm still confused why people think payton is a big deal
I didn’t mind having a coach who did the following in 15 years.

- Worst record was 7-9 (4 times)
- Turned a team who was homeless, 3-13 into a 10-6 team and got one game away from the Superbowl.
- 9x with double digit wins
- 4x 13 win seasons
- won a Super Bowl for the previously inept Saints franchise!

I didn’t mind having a coach who did the following in 15 years.

- Worst record was 7-9 (4 times)
- Turned a team who was homeless, 3-13 into a 10-6 team and got one game away from the Superbowl.
- 9x with double digit wins
- 4x 13 win seasons
- won a Super Bowl for the previously inept Saints franchise!

I heard today he’s the 4th winningest coach during his career.

Who are the 3 coaches above him? Belichick, Reid, and who? Tomlin?

I guess his regular season record is better than I had thought. Been really bad in the playoffs other than the super bowl year.

just put together a quality group of cocky, unscrupulous meathead coaches and gayton would be glad to sign on to be the ring leader

We probably should’ve been to more conference championship games and Super Bowls yes. But the level on consistency is hard to beat
I heard today he’s the 4th winningest coach during his career.

Who are the 3 coaches above him? Belichick, Reid, and who? Tomlin?

I think that may be it

This Jets fan would be willing to trade both of our first round picks in this draft for Payton. Of course he would probably rather kill himself than coach the Jets but he's a great coach.

I guess his regular season record is better than I had thought. Been really bad in the playoffs other than the super bowl year.
Some really bad losses. Some great games.
That loss to the Niners was a bad one. Great game but that’s another SB for the Saints I’ll stand on that if the game doesn’t go that way.

Vikings bullshit a couple times(least we got one P Unit haha) Seattle was crazy.

But cmon brother. He’s the deal.

Dallas bound within the next few years

That was my initial thought but are we assuming Jerry drops dead or after another year of mccarthy realizes he has to bring in a strong leader if he wants another ring before he dies? I don’t think there any chance Peyton goes without it being known who’s team it is, or any other good coach for that matter, hence the problem with Dallas. The players know the buck doesn’t stop w the head coach!!

Back