Pavlik/Taylor is on

• Thread starter Thread starter signalcaller
  • Start date Start date
S

signalcaller

September 29th in New Jersey. Jermain Taylor vs Kelly Pavlik. This should be a great one. Both undefeated and somewhat different styles. Pavlik is a slugger and Taylor somewhat defensive. Taylor can come out and destroy though. Anybody got any thoughts on this one.

kellyvs%20jeremy.jpg

GUARANTEE Pavlik wins this. Jermain has been doing just enough to win his fights since those 2 wars with B Hop. When Jermain couldnt finish off Cory Spinks in front of a Taylor pro Memphis crowd, I gave up on him. Zab Judah knocked Cory Spinks out in front of 100,000 of his best friends in St Louis. Taylor has lost that killer instinct he had when he was coming up. This fight will prove it too.

Pavlik, as fierce as they come. This guy likes to hear the bell ring and see who can punch harder. If Jermain comes to box and tries to put him away, he will have a very long night. If Typical Taylor comes in and tries to coast to a decision, then Mr. Pavlik will have Jermain's face on his wall at the end of the night.

HERE IS WHAT WILL HAPPEN DOWN TO A T!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jermain will get beat....bad. I am actually seeing a knockout here for some reason. He will then blame his sub-parr showing on him having to make that weight and then he will say that is why it was his last fight at that weight and move up. Taylor is a cunt and Pavlik will prove it on fight night.

Jermain will not lose.

who the hell has Pavlik fought ? He look damn great in his last fight but what about b4 all that ?

Jermain will most likely KO his ass.

Throwback, trust me, Jermain is shot. He doesnt have it in him no more. He hasnt knocked anyone out in 6 bouts. 2 of those were basically in his backyard. Thats why they fight the fights though. I will bump this thread after Pavlik destroys Taylor.

my assessment has to be broken into two time frames:

Right now, I defenitely would bet on Jermain Taylor.. He's a great pound for pound fighter, and even though he didn't have an impressive fight vs spinks, he has a lot of time to train to fight Pavlik..

Pavlik has a lot of ko's, 28 actually, but don't get fooled by his 31-0 record..it's kind of padded; a lot of soft fighters on his resume.

i just don't think he's the maniac hes going to be portrayed as, i think when he steps into the ring with a great fighter like Jermain hes going to be out-classed and out-boxed.

Now, when I say I have to break my assessment into two parts, I mean it by this: I have yet to see or hear how Jermain is training. closer to the Sept date, I'll have had a lot of word about it coming my way, and I'll know the mindset of both camps;

until then, Jermain has my confidence

Line opened at Taylor -110 Pavlik -110.

Throwback, a few reasons on why I call Taylor shot.

He hasnt finished any of these undersized number ones he has faced in his last 2 fights. Ouma and Spinks are half his size. He cruised past Ouma by pounding on him for 12 rounds and barely squeaked by a pathetic Spinks.

I know Pavlik hasnt fought anywhere near the competition Taylor has, but I think that killer instinct in him is gone. Pavlik coming to destroy Miranda completely sold me as I gave him 25% chance of winning that.

It seems to me that Jermain is just going in there and doing just enough to win. If Winky wouldnt have coasted the 12th in their fight, he would have lost it, instead of the draw.

Jermain is moving up in weight following this fight, easy excuse after he gets his ass pounded. I cant wait until this fight. This thread is gonna be bumped up until then. I am gonna be playing Pavlik for at least a nickel.

Jermain won't want a loss on his record; he's going to win this if he is focused through training

Back