Paul Pierce

nbafan88

Pretty much a regular
Worthy of his own thread.

19 seasons.
10 time all star
1 NBA Championship and finals MVP

His grit and competitiveness is something helped him overcome the doubters.

and 1 carted off departure to miraculous comeback entrance

ept_sports_nba_experts-121317614-1212779814.jpg
boston-celtics-wheelchair-paul-pierce-20517.jpg
hi-res-81465510_crop_north.jpg

but in all seriousness, I've been a season ticket holder forever and i do believe he deserves his due as an all-time great Celt and HOF inductee one day

I remember the first time I saw him play was the McDonalds All-American Game in '95...He was a smooth scorer I remember...look at some of his teammates in this...

G Chauncey Billups
G Vince Carter
F Paul Pierce
F Shareef Abdur-Rahim
C Kevin Garnett

He was the 10th pick in the '98 draft. I remember well, he needed to slip one more pick for the Pistons to get him. Instead they drafted Bonzi Wells and he never played here and was part of a trade after the lockout ended. That draft had some talent go before him (Dirk, Jamison, Carter and Bibby) but he was right behind Dirk as the cornerstones of that draft.

His Boston career (22-6-4) in 15 seasons is amazing. He was the quiet star as they really only had a run or two in playoffs before Ray and KG got there. He was one helluva scorer the first half of his career and then some.

A well deserved champion and clutch player. The Game 7 duel with Bron will always be remembered.

And he went to the greatest college on earth...but seriously he did play for what was probably one of the better overall teams Kansas has ever had

pierce was a warrior, watched his whole career, he followed larry so it took a while but i eventually came to respect his game and his work ethic, he and havlichek probably the best scorers we ever had....self proclaimed best dresser in the league

Went to a basketball camp when I was a kid in my small hometown in Kansas and we just got brand new bleachers in our gym. Paul Pierce spilled juice all over our brand new bleachers and just got up and and walked away. Only thing I learned at that basketball camp was, if you spill your drink, just get up and leave it

Always thought that out of the two of them, Antoine Walker would end up being the potential HOF'er. Guess that's why I'm not an NBA scout...

Back