Paul George Injury

My I just got back from drinking post would read...

'Lance Stephonson just blew on it to make it better, no dice'

Hope he is okay.

PG is going to be out for a while. He might heal physically, but mentally, it's going to take a long ass time. I dont think we'll ever see PG again at the level he's been at the past 2 years.

Hope for a speedy recovery.

Not going to watch, what did he do put his leg on backwards?

not being a dick and I feel terrible for him, but

International play still needed?

Not trying to react harshly and maybe some CTGer said it above.....just saying

always wondered how that type shit doesnt happen more....best athletes flying around and at their landing spots, things that could just wreck em

right.

why wouldn't the US participate? Is it an issue to represent your country? The only things I see holding these guys back are the contracts and clubs they play for.
Other than that I'm pretty sure all those guys want to represent the US. Now whether they play in a tournament like this so close to the season is always an issue.
Nevertheless it looks very ignorant to not play your best players in a tournament that will host the best players around the world no?

right.

why wouldn't the US participate? Is it an issue to represent your country? The only things I see holding these guys back are the contracts and clubs they play for.
Other than that I'm pretty sure all those guys want to represent the US. Now whether they play in a tournament like this so close to the season is always an issue.
Nevertheless it looks very ignorant to not play your best players in a tournament that will host the best players around the world no?

Mark Cuban

"The greatest trick ever played was the IOC convincing the world that the Olympics were about patriotism and national pride instead of money. The players and owners should get together and create our own World Cup of Basketball."

haha coming from Mark Cuban.
So then if he is proposing that, then why doesn't he follow through?
Everyone has their own agenda, these days the players can't really pick what they want to do without having their agents involved. Can't cut your hair a certain way because it will screw up imaging rights, can't get tattoo, can't this can't that.
Besides out of the major sports, basketball players are pussies.

haha coming from Mark Cuban.
So then if he is proposing that, then why doesn't he follow through?
Everyone has their own agenda, these days the players can't really pick what they want to do without having their agents involved. Can't cut your hair a certain way because it will screw up imaging rights, can't get tattoo, can't this can't that.
Besides out of the major sports, basketball players are pussies.

Cuban is going to follow through. It may not go anywhere but he's going to try. All of the money would stay in the NBA and be distributed to every team.

Not sure if you don't like Cuban, but if you don't.....why (or how)? If there's anyone in this country, pro sports especially, who speaks their mind and follows up on what they say, it's Mark Cuban. I don't understand how anyone could not like Cuban (again, not saying you don't I'm just asking).

I don't hate Cuban whatsoever, I like how vocal and supportive he is of his players and his team, the thing that erks me is that he talks about the IOC wanting $$$ well first and foremost he is a businessman is he not? He also wants something in return.

I don't hate Cuban whatsoever, I like how vocal and supportive he is of his players and his team, the thing that erks me is that he talks about the IOC wanting $$$ well first and foremost he is a businessman is he not? He also wants something in return.

In this case, what he wants in return is for the NBA, not himself. Of course, any revenues the NBA gets does have an effect on his bottom line as a team owner, but he's not throwing around this World Cup idea to get himself rich or anything else.

I agree with you 100% about Cuban too. I'm just shocked whenever I hear someone say they don't like Mark Cuban. What in the holy hell is there not to like about him? I'd imagine he's everything that anyone of us would be if we suddenly became a billionaire....meaning, he's just a regular guy who, essentially, 'got lucky' and became a billionaire almost instantly.

In this case, what he wants in return is for the NBA, not himself. Of course, any revenues the NBA gets does have an effect on his bottom line as a team owner, but he's not throwing around this World Cup idea to get himself rich or anything else.

I agree with you 100% about Cuban too. I'm just shocked whenever I hear someone say they don't like Mark Cuban. What in the holy hell is there not to like about him? I'd imagine he's everything that anyone of us would be if we suddenly became a billionaire....meaning, he's just a regular guy who, essentially, 'got lucky' and became a billionaire almost instantly.

I also do think that he is suggesting that any world governing sports organization is just a bunch of a corrupt motherfuckers...he has a point. I must be reading him wrong as I see him as a business orientated individual. But then again this dude is so loaded he's got some other cash flow.

Media definitely play a major part on how they portray Cuban, but it is definitely hard to find another owner of any sports organization that sits with the fans, is very vocal and passionate about their team as Cuban....maybe Donald Sterling? :)

Back