Pats Special Teams Captain

Crazy. The best special teams player in the NFL with a crazy fuck up. Though I would defer in really shitty conditions/a defensive battle.

Even Cro was like wait, he defered ? before saying which way they wanted to recieve

Here is the transcript of the coin toss at MetLife. Seems like Slater just made a mistake. Game-changer.
CXQuAnvUkAA2eP3.png

this is 100% on Slater, has nothing to do with the ref

if the ref wanted to do anything to influence this game he's not letting it get to OT come on

and by on Slater I mean the call, Bellichek probably wanted to kick

only thing Slater messed up on probably was choosing kick over picking the direction

Pats did not want to kick, who in their right mind with decent weather conditions & an iffy D would want to kick? Slater fucked up bad!

Bullshit. Why would he have then said "don't we get to choose?" He fucked up
the "don't we get to choose" part was which direction they were kicking. They should have declared which way they wanted to go, not that they wanted to kick.

haha on Steve Harvey

red zone channel just said Bellichek wanted to KICK. Not sure why you would want to kick there.

Well then my WTF is towards the coaching staff & not Slater. In what scenario would one elect to kick in OT? Jesus!!!

Belly doing right by the league and saying he instructed his team to kick.

Dude never defers in OT with Tommy.

Well then my WTF is towards the coaching staff & not Slater. In what scenario would one elect to kick in OT? Jesus!!!
It really depends on the wind and the flow of the game. Zimmer elected to kick at home vs. the Rams when it was really windy and it worked to perfection. Your defense has to be able to stop the offense though...

Here's the audio. They definitely said kick.

[video=youtube;Ovb_jGwAAq8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ovb_jGwAAq8[/video]

P there was no wind to deal with though. This will be a great question for Bill to not answer at the post game.

P there was no wind to deal with though. This will be a great question for Bill to not answer at the post game.
that would be the only reason I would kick first. should be interesting how testy BB gets during the post game.

Worst coaching decision by BB since going for the 4th & whatever in Indy in the playoffs

New York Jets@nyjets <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 15m15 minutes ago</small>
New York Jets Retweeted NFL on ESPN
Agreed.

New York Jets added,

NFL on ESPN @ESPNNFL

"We thought that was the best thing to do."

- Bill Belichick on decision to kick off in OT

3,874 retweets3,218 likes
<b class="QuoteTweet-fullname u-linkComplex-target"><button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover js-actionButton js-actionReply" data-modal="ProfileTweet-reply" type="button" style="color: rgb(170, 184, 194); font-family: inherit; font-size: 16px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; line-height: 1; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; position: relative;">
</button>

</b>

Good call. Could've sworn they didn't something fucky to lose to Indy in the playoffs one year

Lol I just got back from dinner and this went interesting places haha. Steelers angle is interesting. I've heard that Bill wanted to do that but can't imagine why in a good weather day other than for a reason outside of the current game because that made zero sense inside that game, especially after they played much better and won the second half

3. I think I have no issue with the Patriots kicking to start overtime against the Jets. A few points: Belichick did it against Denver in New England in 2013 and won the game; Minnesota’s Mike Zimmer did it in Week 9 this year against the Rams and won the game.

yeah this is a non-story. i really hope BB blew the game on purpose to get Pittsburgh out of the playoffs knowing they are 100x more likely to beat NE in the playoffs than NYJ, but logic would say that is not the case.

Of any coach I would not put it past Bill and if that is his motive I love it. If not, good for the Jets I guess haha

Back