Pats Cheated To Win XXXVI As Well!

Vapster

Awesome1#1
REPORT: PATS FILMED RAMS WALK-THROUGH

When it rains, it freakin' pours.

After a bizarre day in which Spygate unexpectedly reappeared on the league's radar screen and strong hints of previously undisclosed cheating emerged, John Tomase of the Boston Herald reports that the Patriots videotaped the walk-through practice of the St. Louis Rams prior to Super Bowl XXXVI.

Here's the key excerpt from Tomase's report:

"According to a source close to the team during the 2001 season, here's what happened. On Feb. 2, 2002, one day before the Patriots' Super Bowl game against heavily favored St. Louis in New Orleans, the Patriots visited the Superdome for their final walkthrough.

"After completing the walkthrough, they had their team picture taken and the Rams then took the field. According to the source, a member of the team's video staff stayed behind after attending the team's walkthrough and filmed St. Louis' walkthrough.

"At no point was he asked to identify himself or produce a press pass, the source said. The cameraman rode the media shuttle back to the hotel with news photographers when the Rams walkthrough was completed, the source said."

Though the Herald doesn't identify the cameraman, it doesn't take a genius to suspect that it was Matt Walsh, the video employee who has been quietly but doggedly pursued for nearly five months. It also doesn't require much gray matter to realize that Walsh likely gave Tomase the green light to cite him as an unnamed source.

A walk-through practice usually involves execution of the plays that are in the team's offensive game plan, out of the specific formations that each play will be called. Having access to that information would provide an enormous advantage to the opposing team.

In Super Bowl XXXVI, the ordinarily high-octane Rams offense struggled in the first half to move the ball, and trailed the underdogs from New England 14-3 at intermission. Seven of the Pats' points came when cornerback Ty Law jumped a route and took an interception to the end zone. After making halftime adjustments, the Rams came back, tying the game at 17 before the Pats won the game on a late field goal.

What does it all mean? For starters, much of the media assembled to cover the Super Bowl will soon swarm upon key figures from the 2001 Rams, searching for quotes that might support the notion that the Pats seemed to know exactly what the Rams were doing on offense. Guys like former coach Mike Martz and his offensive assistants (Henry Ellard, Bobby Jackson, Jim Hanifan, John Matsko, Wilbert Montgomery, and John Ramsdell) can expect to be pestered. Players like quarterback Kurt Warner and running back Marshall Faulk and receivers Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt will be pursued, too.

For now, however, we're even more convinced that the Patriots will win Super Bowl XLII by a huge margin. If the inflammatory remarks of various members of the Giants' organization weren't enough, the calling into question of the game that sparked the New England dynasty will surely drive the team to prove to the world that they win games based on talent, preparation, and execution.

Even if, six years ago to the day, they supplemented their skill and sweat with something else.

'an_horse'

i agree - this is not good news for the giants

regardless of whether theyre frauds (they are) or they cheated to win all their previous super bowls (they did), theyre pretty damned good now and i think they let out some pent up aggression on the NYG (scumbags)

Just Throwing This Out There. I Think This Superbowl Is Gonna Be Boring Either Way. Just Not Looking Forward To It Like I Have In The Past. Not Even Throwing A Party This Year, And I've Done THAT For Years As Well.

Wow smoke I would love to see the evidence u have that they cheated to win all the super bowls. Not reports from some douche bag writers, but evidence...

thats what i thought

I agree. This is all he said-she said. There is no proof that the Patriots cheated previously.

And either way, most of us believe in the integrity of the game. If so, then you should believe that the Patriots aren't "cheating" anymore after they got caught. If you do, then you shouldn't be watching the NFL because you obviously think it's all a joke. You have no belief in integrity in the first place.

I dont think theyre cheating anymore, but they definitely cheated the first three times

dirty cheating fraudulent bastards

this is kinda like steroids for me, I'm sure its going on and I wish it wasn't, but I'd really just rather not hear about it and not have to think about it...

This Was The 2001 Season, In Which They Cheated To Beat Da Raiders, (In Da Playoffs) As Well...

d1121pats.jpg

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
This Was The 2001 Season, In Which They Cheated To Beat Da Raiders, (In Da Playoffs) As Well...

d1121pats.jpg

FUMBLEEEEEEEEEEE...CHEATING FRAUDULENT BASTARDS...:cheers:

That one above had me in tears, then they got all the calls against the Rams, anyone have that clip with all the Pat advantages?

d1121pats.jpg

HAHA that was a great fuckin game. i was at one of my boys house whos a huge raider fan, he had a crazy fuckin party for tha game. when woodson his brady an there was a fumble tha whole place was goin crazy. fuckin overturned for tha tuck rule i was dyin laughin. that play right there didnt single handedly beat em pats still got 1 or 2 long 4th downs converted after that shit to win tha game

True, tru...

"still got 1 or 2 long 4th downs converted after that shit to win tha game"

As A Raider Fan...I Had A Bad Feeling Bout That Play...I Didn't Get Excited When It Happened...I've Watched TOO MANY Raider Games, When The Call Didn't Go The Raider Way...So I Went To The Bathroom, And Got Ready To Cry...Wife And Friend Were All..."Don't Worry! It'll Be Raider Ball!"

Little Did They Know...

doesn't surprise me at all..............Donovan McNabb said he thought they knew the plays whenever they called a screen, it got blown up. Hines Ward and Big Ben said they had a suspicion they knew what they were calling. And when Roger Goodell says to give them all the tapes, do you really think the Pats are gonna give up all the tapes, let alone the important games? if you do, your naive.

Wow, that brings back memories. I completely remember that game...I was eating dinner with a girl, who's family was from Michigan. So she was all about Tom Brady. At the time, I didn't really care who the winner was or if they cheated or not; I was well on my way to fumbling my balls between her legs---slut.

well goodell is obviously trying to sweep this under the rug and move on. I wonder who broke this story. WIth goodell destroying all the video tapes they eliminate any potiential significant issues they may run across. With destroying the tapes goodell dosen't have to go through the problem of stripping pats of titles and seasons win-loss records.

Like stated above, if people think that the pats handed over their tapes of their significant victories and their legacy then they are just being naive.

im really feeling more and more that this game is gonna end up being alot like that chargers/pats game in week 2...

none of these developments are good news for the giants....

I hope the Pats jump on them early and often. If they can get off to an early lead, they'll increase the chances for Eli mistakes.

that play right there didnt single handedly beat em

You can say that again !!!!!!!! They had many other bad calls that assisted them in getting that win.

Lets be clear though .....after brady fumbles and raiders recover ... they are taking a knee in that game. So barring a fumbled snap .. the raiders win. But take a closer look at that game and you will be absolutely stunned. In a game that was played in a snowstorm ... guess how many offensive penalties were called on the pats ....... ZERO !!! In a friggin snowstorm ???? But guess how many defensive penalties were called on the pats .......... ZERO !!!! That is correct folks .... the patriots failed to commit a penalty on offense or defense. In fact , the only penalty they committed the entire game was lighting up a raider punt returner before the ball could be received. It was impossible to get away with not throwing that flag. And let us not forget the previously reviewed play in the same ball game ...... Tim Brown catches a ball for a first down. The ball is spotted poorly and the raiders challenge it. Despite clear evidence that it was indeed a first down ... the play stands as called. So in the two reviewed plays .. the call on the field in regards to the first down was incoorect on the field but clear evidence showed it was indeed a first down.... the result of the review was it stands as called , and in the fumble by brady play it was called correctly on the field and indisputable visual evidence confirmed that call .... but was overturned. What a joke. And then they film the rams walk through ???? cheating bastards.

By the way , let me tell you all a simple lesson on life .... people do not cheat unless THEY THEMSELVES believe it is helping them.

Sammy Sosa corks his bat because he believes it will help him.
barry bonds take roids because he believes it will help him.
card cheaters mark cards because they believe it will help them.
the patriots film other teams because they believe it will help them.

Why would you cheat and risk all the consequences that come with it for no measurable gain ?!?!?!? ( ok ok so the patriots never really got punished but they couldn't have known that goodell was a dripping yeast infected hatchet wound unless he was in on it from the beginning ). Belicheck is not a moron ... which you would have to believe he is if he was cheating for nothing.

But back to the main point .... someone can say that the brady fumble play wasnt the only reason that they won that game ... but if the correct call is made on that play the raiders are in victory formation. So barring a meadowlands miracle play ... it in fact was a game winning recovery by the raider defense.

And yes there are definite questions about the integrity of the game ..... anyone notice how the cowboys can no longer get a call now that maverick jerry jones owns the team ???? they used to get all the calls .... jones should have taken a lesson from al davis .... if you want fair officiating ... do not take on the league office.

Just fail to see the argument that the cheating done by the patriots did not help them. It just doesn't make logical sense. Why bother cheating if it doesn't give you an edge ??

Last edited:
Another thing...IF this is true (that they taped the Rams walk thru), the Pats are fucked

wouldnt be surprised to see the other first rounder gone and Belichick suspended for a significant amount (if not all of) next year

Those cheating MOTHERFUCKERS.

Just like they did in the 04-05 AFC championship game against pitt as well. :down2:

The pats just released a statement about the Spygate: Rams edition but I only caught it for a second. It was breaking news on espn.... Trying to find it on the net right now, should be up shortly. It was a short piece just basically denying it and saying they wanted to keep the focus on the game tomororw.

Let's go G-Men (As much as I hate saying that as a Jets fan)
'an_horse'

True, tru...

"still got 1 or 2 long 4th downs converted after that shit to win tha game"

As A Raider Fan...I Had A Bad Feeling Bout That Play...I Didn't Get Excited When It Happened...I've Watched TOO MANY Raider Games, When The Call Didn't Go The Raider Way...So I Went To The Bathroom, And Got Ready To Cry...Wife And Friend Were All..."Don't Worry! It'll Be Raider Ball!"

Little Did They Know...

Bro, I smashed my glass topped coffee table slamming down my beer after that BULLSHIT call...BUT, like you, I've seen too many calls go against the Silver & Black throughout the years to be surprised. It's a big reason I'm much more a CFB fan and the NFL is solely an "entertainment" option...:down2:

May those CHEATIN', LYING BASTARDS in NE burn in sports hell...:cheers:

Mully

You can say that again !!!!!!!! They had many other bad calls that assisted them in getting that win.

Lets be clear though .....after brady fumbles and raiders recover ... they are taking a knee in that game. So barring a fumbled snap .. the raiders win. But take a closer look at that game and you will be absolutely stunned. In a game that was played in a snowstorm ... guess how many offensive penalties were called on the pats ....... ZERO !!! In a friggin snowstorm ???? But guess how many defensive penalties were called on the pats .......... ZERO !!!! That is correct folks .... the patriots failed to commit a penalty on offense or defense. In fact , the only penalty they committed the entire game was lighting up a raider punt returner before the ball could be received. It was impossible to get away with not throwing that flag. And let us not forget the previously reviewed play in the same ball game ...... Tim Brown catches a ball for a first down. The ball is spotted poorly and the raiders challenge it. Despite clear evidence that it was indeed a first down ... the play stands as called. So in the two reviewed plays .. the call on the field in regards to the first down was incoorect on the field but clear evidence showed it was indeed a first down.... the result of the review was it stands as called , and in the fumble by brady play it was called correctly on the field and indisputable visual evidence confirmed that call .... but was overturned. What a joke. And then they film the rams walk through ???? cheating bastards.

By the way , let me tell you all a simple lesson on life .... people do not cheat unless THEY THEMSELVES believe it is helping them.

Why would you cheat and risk all the consequences that come with it for no measurable gain ?!?!?!? ( ok ok so the patriots never really got punished but they couldn't have known that goodell was a dripping yeast infected hatchet wound unless he was in on it from the beginning ). Belicheck is not a moron ... which you would have to believe he is if he was cheating for nothing.

But back to the main point .... someone can say that the brady fumble play wasnt the only reason that they won that game ... but if the correct call is made on that play the raiders are in victory formation. So barring a meadowlands miracle play ... it in fact was a game winning recovery by the raider defense.

And yes there are definite questions about the integrity of the game ..... anyone notice how the cowboys can no longer get a call now that maverick jerry jones owns the team ???? they used to get all the calls .... jones should have taken a lesson from al davis .... if you want fair officiating ... do not take on the league office.

Just fail to see the argument that the cheating done by the patriots did not help them. It just doesn't make logical sense. Why bother cheating if it doesn't give you an edge ??

:cheers: POST OF THE MFing YEAR :cheers:

1. dirty cheating fraudulent bastards

Well said.

F**kers.

2. No matter the things they've done, they're still a f**king powerhouse right now. And those who say none of this is good news for the Giants are right.

Agree With Mr.M

Post Of The Year.

I'm Glad Someone Out There Can Write Like This, Cause No WAY I Could Make A Point As Beautiful As This.

Great Job vegaskyle:cheers:

The Reason There Was NO Pent. Against The Pats, Is The NFL Wanted Them In The Superbowl.
2001---9/11 Happened That Season.
Patriots?!
Red White And Blue Uniforms?!
It Was An Easy Call For The Refs And NFL.

God Bless America, And We ALSO Elect A New President This Year...

For the 2008 Cappy Awards I nominate this thread for "Stupidest Thread of the Year" as well as "Most ridiculous insight"

Agree With Mr.M

Post Of The Year.

I'm Glad Someone Out There Can Write Like This, Cause No WAY I Could Make A Point As Beautiful As This.

Great Job vegaskyle:cheers:

The Reason There Was NO Pent. Against The Pats, Is The NFL Wanted Them In The Superbowl.
2001---9/11 Happened That Season.
Patriots?!
Red White And Blue Uniforms?!
It Was An Easy Call For The Refs And NFL.

God Bless America, And We ALSO Elect A New President This Year...

That is the point I wanted to make. It was scripted in 01 believe it!

Back