Pats/ Chargers

BJPLAYER

Pretty much a regular
Pats have their work cut out for them this week. The loss of Hightower is devastating and now Malcom Brown (DT) is out as well.

When the Chargers run the ball the pats should be able to stuff them although not sure how the loss of Dont' will affect this. Gordon goes down too easily and Ekler although shift and a good finisher should be contained. Rivers is still goood, very quick release and read defenses well. Allen and Benjamin should get theirs and the ageless Antonio is still effective. The new kid Hunter has soft hands and can go get it, he may surprise here. Potential prop.

The Pats will be able to run the ball I think and I think they will put a lot of effort into the run game. Lewis is finally healthy again and is as shifty as ever and can get a lot out of nothing. Gillislee and Burhead both run very well. Best running corp Pats have had in a while and while no one is talking about that Bill has been going to it more and more as the season develops...(having said that Brady will probably come out and pass on 8 of the first 9 downs)

White has become a favorite of Brady's and a run and receive prop may be worth a look with him. I don't play props much so not sure I would put much stock in this.

Pats D the big question mark. It has improved in recent weeks (no where to go but up) but the loss of Hightower puts a big question mark as to how good they will be going forward. Bosa is going to give Brady fits as I don't see anyone stopping him from getting to Brady. Unless they double him which they very well may but that leaves room for others in the defensive front of the Chargers which is very very good.

So my prediction on what the Pats will do....(note, when I try to guess Bill's game plan I am usually wrong) They will run the ball a lot and use a lot of dink and dunk passes to move the ball to keep Brady on his feet thus a time chewing up plodding affair that results in an under allows the Chargers to stay close.

Good analysis...

Definitely a week I think a Pats game goes under as well with what should be two ball control offenses today... aka...running clock...

Back