Patriots to go undefeated?

it depends if they want to rest their starters if and when they clinch home field advantage thru-out the playoffs. they can say their main priority is to stay healthy for the playoffs, but you know damn well that they would love to go undefeated. they'll just say "we want to stay consistant and not miss a beat".

<TABLE class="standard_table w655px" cellSpacing=1 _extended="true"><TBODY _extended="true"><TR _extended="true"><TH colSpan=6 _extended="true"></TH><TH style="TEXT-ALIGN: center" colSpan=2 _extended="true">DIRECTV</TH><TH style="TEXT-ALIGN: center" colSpan=2 _extended="true">SIRIUS</TH><TH _extended="true"></TH></TR><TR _extended="true"><TH style="TEXT-ALIGN: center" _extended="true">Week</TH><TH style="TEXT-ALIGN: center" _extended="true">Date</TH><TH style="TEXT-ALIGN: center" _extended="true">Game</TH><TH style="TEXT-ALIGN: center" _extended="true">Time (EST)</TH><TH style="TEXT-ALIGN: center" _extended="true">Tickets</TH><TH style="TEXT-ALIGN: center" _extended="true">Network</TH><TH style="TEXT-ALIGN: center" _extended="true">Channel</TH><TH style="TEXT-ALIGN: center" _extended="true">HD Channel</TH><TH style="TEXT-ALIGN: center" _extended="true">Home</TH><TH style="TEXT-ALIGN: center" _extended="true">Away</TH><TH style="TEXT-ALIGN: center" _extended="true">Westwood One</TH></TR><TR class=white_back onmouseover="this.className = 'over'" onmouseout="this.className = 'white_back'" _extended="true"><TD _extended="true">9</TD><TD width="6%" _extended="true">Nov 04</TD><TD width="13%" _extended="true">NE @ IND </TD><TD _extended="true">4:15 PM </TD><TD _extended="true">Tickets</TD><TD _extended="true">CBS</TD><TD _extended="true">714</TD><TD _extended="true">719</TD><TD _extended="true">123</TD><TD _extended="true">122</TD><TD _extended="true"></TD><TR _extended="true"><TR class=darker_row onmouseover="this.className = 'over'" onmouseout="this.className = 'darker_row'" _extended="true"><TD _extended="true">10</TD><TD _extended="true">Bye</TD><TD colSpan=9 _extended="true"></TD><TR _extended="true"><TR class=white_back onmouseover="this.className = 'over'" onmouseout="this.className = 'white_back'" _extended="true"><TD _extended="true">11</TD><TD width="6%" _extended="true">Nov 18</TD><TD width="13%" _extended="true">NE @ BUF </TD><TD _extended="true">1:00 PM </TD><TD _extended="true">Tickets</TD><TD _extended="true">CBS</TD><TD _extended="true">710</TD><TD _extended="true"></TD><TD _extended="true">124</TD><TD _extended="true">158</TD><TD _extended="true"></TD><TR _extended="true"><TR class=darker_row onmouseover="this.className = 'over'" onmouseout="this.className = 'darker_row'" _extended="true"><TD _extended="true">12</TD><TD width="6%" _extended="true">Nov 25</TD><TD width="13%" _extended="true">PHI @ NE </TD><TD _extended="true">8:15 PM </TD><TD _extended="true">Tickets</TD><TD _extended="true">NBC</TD><TD _extended="true"></TD><TD _extended="true">83</TD><TD _extended="true">126</TD><TD _extended="true">122</TD><TD _extended="true">Radio </TD><TR _extended="true"><TR class=white_back onmouseover="this.className = 'over'" onmouseout="this.className = 'white_back'" _extended="true"><TD _extended="true">13</TD><TD width="6%" _extended="true">Dec 03</TD><TD width="13%" _extended="true">NE @ BAL </TD><TD _extended="true">8:30 PM </TD><TD _extended="true">Tickets</TD><TD _extended="true">ESPN</TD><TD _extended="true">206</TD><TD _extended="true">73</TD><TD _extended="true">123</TD><TD _extended="true">126</TD><TD _extended="true">Radio </TD><TR _extended="true"><TR class=darker_row onmouseover="this.className = 'over'" onmouseout="this.className = 'darker_row'" _extended="true"><TD _extended="true">14</TD><TD width="6%" _extended="true">Dec 09</TD><TD width="13%" _extended="true">PIT @ NE </TD><TD _extended="true">1:00 PM </TD><TD _extended="true">Tickets</TD><TD _extended="true">CBS</TD><TD _extended="true">709</TD><TD _extended="true"></TD><TD _extended="true">122</TD><TD _extended="true">181</TD><TD _extended="true"></TD><TR _extended="true"><TR class=white_back onmouseover="this.className = 'over'" onmouseout="this.className = 'white_back'" _extended="true"><TD _extended="true">15</TD><TD width="6%" _extended="true">Dec 16</TD><TD width="13%" _extended="true">NYJ @ NE </TD><TD _extended="true">1:00 PM </TD><TD _extended="true">Tickets</TD><TD _extended="true">CBS</TD><TD _extended="true">707</TD><TD _extended="true"></TD><TD _extended="true">114</TD><TD _extended="true">126</TD><TD _extended="true"></TD><TR _extended="true"><TR class=darker_row onmouseover="this.className = 'over'" onmouseout="this.className = 'darker_row'" _extended="true"><TD _extended="true">16</TD><TD width="6%" _extended="true">Dec 23</TD><TD width="13%" _extended="true">MIA @ NE </TD><TD _extended="true">1:00 PM </TD><TD _extended="true">Tickets</TD><TD _extended="true">CBS</TD><TD _extended="true">712</TD><TD _extended="true"></TD><TD _extended="true">130</TD><TD _extended="true">119</TD><TD _extended="true"></TD><TR _extended="true"><TR class=white_back onmouseover="this.className = 'over'" onmouseout="this.className = 'white_back'" _extended="true"><TD _extended="true">17</TD><TD width="6%" _extended="true">Dec 29</TD><TD width="13%" _extended="true">NE @ NYG </TD><TD _extended="true">8:15 PM </TD><TD _extended="true">Tickets</TD><TD _extended="true">NFL NETWORK</TD><TD _extended="true">212</TD><TD _extended="true"></TD><TD _extended="true">123</TD><TD _extended="true">126</TD><TD _extended="true">Radio </TD><TR _extended="true"></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Due to flexible scheduling, the kickoff time of games in Weeks 10-15, and 17 are subject to change.

Pittsburgh beats them at NE?

Pittsburgh is kinda shitty on the road.

Maybe, MAYBE the giants..but I doubt it.

to tell you the truth, I don't see anybody beating the Pats. The Steelers have the best shot IMO, but that's on the road and will be hard. We might see history guys.

No one can beat them but that doesn't mean they'll win every game. At a point where they clinch, they'll want to rest starters and get ready for playoffs, ala Colts last year?

Here is a checklist of NE's dominance:

On Offense:
Power Run: Check
Draws/Screens: Check
Pass Protection: Check
Short Pass: Check
Long Pass: Check
Play Making from Slot AND Wide Receivers at the same time: Check
Depth: Check (usage of multiple players)
An NE attack is extremely varied. That's what makes it hard to defend against.

On Defense:
Strong DLine: Check
Strong/Fast secondary: Check
Pass Rush: Check
Run D: I see a small weakness here. I think the reason why most teams can't run against NE is because NE is already up by a lot of points, but this could be exposed.

Special Teams:
X-Factor: Check (Ellis Hobbs, Wes Welker)

Play Calling:
This is where NE has a huge edge over a lot of teams... experienced staff.

Motivation:
The Cheating Scandal: Check

Not having HArrison was a huge difference. People forget the #2 receiver Gonzalez is only a rookie.

wow yes im cocked and i hate the pats, but i get angry with these threads. the pats are going to lose sooner or later, its just a matter of time. they're not that dominant where a team cant beat them. the colts had the game in the bag til their offense let up and fucked themselves. IF, yes if if if whatever..., the colts won tonight would we have a discussion if the colts would go undefeated? the pats arent unbeatable, they have some tought games ahead opposed the their division games they had earlier, and can we agree they play in the weakest division in football? who've they beaten thats a quality club so far? they won two tough games so far at dallas and at indy. both those games could went the other way imo. the dallas score isnt accurate of how the game went. and tonights game was a toss up from the beginning. new england still has to play philly then at balt in primetime, then pitt on ashort week at home. that a tough stretch for a team to go through. either way, i believe the colts will get redemtion in the postseason. but hey who are we kidding, neither the pats or the colts will beat the pack in the sb. zinggggggggg

Not having HArrison was a huge difference. People forget the #2 receiver Gonzalez is only a rookie.

yup and he dropped a TD also what about the missed pass on 3rd and 2 b4 Pats got the ball back for the go ahead. Colts should have won and ML should have cashed. If these teams meet up in the playoffs and I can get the same spread and ML or better Indy will be the biggest bet of my life home or away ...

no.
i think they can if they really wanted to do it. but once it gets to the final couple of weeks, the playoffs are too important to risk a significant injury.
i think they'll treat the last 2 games of the season like preseason games in a way...being very careful with their stars.

<table class="standard_table w655px" _extended="true" cellspacing="1"><tbody _extended="true"><tr _extended="true"><th colspan="6" _extended="true"></th><th style="text-align: center;" colspan="2" _extended="true">DIRECTV</th><th style="text-align: center;" colspan="2" _extended="true">SIRIUS</th><th _extended="true"></th></tr><tr _extended="true"><th style="text-align: center;" _extended="true">Week</th><th style="text-align: center;" _extended="true">Date</th><th style="text-align: center;" _extended="true">Game</th><th style="text-align: center;" _extended="true">Time (EST)</th><th style="text-align: center;" _extended="true">Tickets</th><th style="text-align: center;" _extended="true">Network</th><th style="text-align: center;" _extended="true">Channel</th><th style="text-align: center;" _extended="true">HD Channel</th><th style="text-align: center;" _extended="true">Home</th><th style="text-align: center;" _extended="true">Away</th><th style="text-align: center;" _extended="true">Westwood One</th></tr><tr class="white_back" onmouseover="this.className = 'over'" onmouseout="this.className = 'white_back'" _extended="true"><td _extended="true">9</td><td _extended="true" width="6%">Nov 04</td><td _extended="true" width="13%">NE @ IND </td><td _extended="true">4:15 PM </td><td _extended="true">Tickets</td><td _extended="true">CBS</td><td _extended="true">714</td><td _extended="true">719</td><td _extended="true">123</td><td _extended="true">122</td><td _extended="true"></td></tr><tr _extended="true"></tr><tr class="darker_row" onmouseover="this.className = 'over'" onmouseout="this.className = 'darker_row'" _extended="true"><td _extended="true">10</td><td _extended="true">Bye</td><td colspan="9" _extended="true"></td></tr><tr _extended="true"></tr><tr class="white_back" onmouseover="this.className = 'over'" onmouseout="this.className = 'white_back'" _extended="true"><td _extended="true">11</td><td _extended="true" width="6%">Nov 18</td><td _extended="true" width="13%">NE @ BUF </td><td _extended="true">1:00 PM </td><td _extended="true">Tickets</td><td _extended="true">CBS</td><td _extended="true">710</td><td _extended="true"></td><td _extended="true">124</td><td _extended="true">158</td><td _extended="true"></td></tr><tr _extended="true"></tr><tr class="darker_row" onmouseover="this.className = 'over'" onmouseout="this.className = 'darker_row'" _extended="true"><td _extended="true">12</td><td _extended="true" width="6%">Nov 25</td><td _extended="true" width="13%">PHI @ NE </td><td _extended="true">8:15 PM </td><td _extended="true">Tickets</td><td _extended="true">NBC</td><td _extended="true"></td><td _extended="true">83</td><td _extended="true">126</td><td _extended="true">122</td><td _extended="true">Radio </td></tr><tr _extended="true"></tr><tr class="white_back" onmouseover="this.className = 'over'" onmouseout="this.className = 'white_back'" _extended="true"><td _extended="true">13</td><td _extended="true" width="6%">Dec 03</td><td _extended="true" width="13%">NE @ BAL </td><td _extended="true">8:30 PM </td><td _extended="true">Tickets</td><td _extended="true">ESPN</td><td _extended="true">206</td><td _extended="true">73</td><td _extended="true">123</td><td _extended="true">126</td><td _extended="true">Radio </td></tr><tr _extended="true"></tr><tr class="darker_row" onmouseover="this.className = 'over'" onmouseout="this.className = 'darker_row'" _extended="true"><td _extended="true">14</td><td _extended="true" width="6%">Dec 09</td><td _extended="true" width="13%">PIT @ NE </td><td _extended="true">1:00 PM </td><td _extended="true">Tickets</td><td _extended="true">CBS</td><td _extended="true">709</td><td _extended="true"></td><td _extended="true">122</td><td _extended="true">181</td><td _extended="true"></td></tr><tr _extended="true"></tr><tr class="white_back" onmouseover="this.className = 'over'" onmouseout="this.className = 'white_back'" _extended="true"><td _extended="true">15</td><td _extended="true" width="6%">Dec 16</td><td _extended="true" width="13%">NYJ @ NE </td><td _extended="true">1:00 PM </td><td _extended="true">Tickets</td><td _extended="true">CBS</td><td _extended="true">707</td><td _extended="true"></td><td _extended="true">114</td><td _extended="true">126</td><td _extended="true"></td></tr><tr _extended="true"></tr><tr class="darker_row" onmouseover="this.className = 'over'" onmouseout="this.className = 'darker_row'" _extended="true"><td _extended="true">16</td><td _extended="true" width="6%">Dec 23</td><td _extended="true" width="13%">MIA @ NE </td><td _extended="true">1:00 PM </td><td _extended="true">Tickets</td><td _extended="true">CBS</td><td _extended="true">712</td><td _extended="true"></td><td _extended="true">130</td><td _extended="true">119</td><td _extended="true"></td></tr><tr _extended="true"></tr><tr class="white_back" onmouseover="this.className = 'over'" onmouseout="this.className = 'white_back'" _extended="true"><td _extended="true">17</td><td _extended="true" width="6%">Dec 29</td><td _extended="true" width="13%">NE @ NYG </td><td _extended="true">8:15 PM </td><td _extended="true">Tickets</td><td _extended="true">NFL NETWORK</td><td _extended="true">212</td><td _extended="true"></td><td _extended="true">123</td><td _extended="true">126</td><td _extended="true">Radio </td></tr><tr _extended="true"></tr></tbody></table>

Due to flexible scheduling, the kickoff time of games in Weeks 10-15, and 17 are subject to change.

What a croc of shit that the NFL network would have the last game of the year where the Pats could potentially go undefeated. Couldn't think of a worse announcer than Bryant Gumble to have in this situation.

wow yes im cocked and i hate the pats, but i get angry with these threads. the pats are going to lose sooner or later, its just a matter of time. they're not that dominant where a team cant beat them. the colts had the game in the bag til their offense let up and fucked themselves. IF, yes if if if whatever..., the colts won tonight would we have a discussion if the colts would go undefeated? the pats arent unbeatable, they have some tought games ahead opposed the their division games they had earlier, and can we agree they play in the weakest division in football? who've they beaten thats a quality club so far? they won two tough games so far at dallas and at indy. both those games could went the other way imo. the dallas score isnt accurate of how the game went. and tonights game was a toss up from the beginning. new england still has to play philly then at balt in primetime, then pitt on ashort week at home. that a tough stretch for a team to go through. either way, i believe the colts will get redemtion in the postseason. but hey who are we kidding, neither the pats or the colts will beat the pack in the sb. zinggggggggg

im getting sick and tired of these "who have they beaten" remarks. I've heard this before the following games, saying now "they will have a true test", this was brought up before San Diego, Cincy, Dallas, and now Indy. And we've beaten them all and people still give that same BS. It will go on the rest of the season which is fun cuz if u cant love them i guess u gotta hate them

I think the refs made this game close. Did you guys see some of those pass interference calls against the pats on offense and defense??? they were absolutely horrid calls. Did anyone see Tom Sunday Brady rip the ref a new asshole when he was kneeling the ball to end the game. Those refs were bullshit. Both field goals made by the colts in the first half were products of horrible pass interference calls. Then they have a fluky addai pass that scores them a TD at the end of the game. not an impressive drive. The only drive they deserved a score on was the drive that Peyton ran it in. The pats had to work for theirs; calling Moss on that offense pass interference was ridiculous, but they still got the TD. Colts were lucky top have only lost by 4 in my opinion.

I think the refs made this game close. Did you guys see some of those pass interference calls against the pats on offense and defense??? they were absolutely horrid calls. Did anyone see Tom Sunday Brady rip the ref a new asshole when he was kneeling the ball to end the game. Those refs were bullshit. Both field goals made by the colts in the first half were products of horrible pass interference calls. Then they have a fluky addai pass that scores them a TD at the end of the game. not an impressive drive. The only drive they deserved a score on was the drive that Peyton ran it in. The pats had to work for theirs; calling Moss on that offense pass interference was ridiculous, but they still got the TD. Colts were lucky top have only lost by 4 in my opinion.

Couldn't agree more Slug... 3 of those PI calls were just wrong, and 2 of them were the most horrendous calls I have ever seen (Moss Off-PI and Hobbs PI)

I hope Belichick makes an issue of this to the league this week. When you play absolutely textbook coverage, especially against an offense like the Colts, and you get those calls against you, you're going to be in trouble. It cost Pats, in my opinion, an excellent chance to beat the Broncos back in the 2005 season in the Divisional round.

I don't think if it came down to it and they are 14-0 or 15-0 they will be resting anyone. I think up 49-0 they would still be calling passes. Yea they might sound humble but they sure as fuck want to go out as the best to ever do it and they have a certain swagger and cockyness that is hard to explain

I have a ticket at +600 on them to go UNDEFEATED and I put that in 2 days ago figuring the toughest game of the remaining schedule would be this Indy game - also it was a great way to root for New England and not worry about the spread WHICH is exactly what occurred.

If one looked at their schedule at beginning of season, one would think their two road games at Dallas and Indy would be the toughest....with those out of the way, I guess playing Pitt at home and Giants/Baltimore are the next toughest but with getting +600, I think New England goes undefeated more than 1 in 6 times in this particular situation.

P.S. After I made my bet, the line immediately went to +500 and I'm curious to see what it is today .........

Here's why not.....

Week 17 at Giants.

Pats will be 15-0 and have #1 seed locked up. GMen will be fighting for playoff positioning or possible Division title. No way Brady will go 4 quarters w/ everything clinched........

You guys are crazy if you think the Patriots will be resting anybody come Week 17. Those assholes would love nothing more than going undefeated. I think I'm going to root for them to do it only so that the next 8 weeks aren't living hell. Maybe I can enjoy the radio and TV talking about it 24/7. Doubt it.

You guys are crazy if you think the Patriots will be resting anybody come Week 17. Those assholes would love nothing more than going undefeated. I think I'm going to root for them to do it only so that the next 8 weeks aren't living hell. Maybe I can enjoy the radio and TV talking about it 24/7. Doubt it.

EXACTLY

You guys are crazy if you think the Patriots will be resting anybody come Week 17. Those assholes would love nothing more than going undefeated.

yup. they're already going to be remembered as a team that won a few Super Bowls.

Completely different thing to be the only team to go 19-0 in a season.

Why rest anyone in the final week when you have a first round BYE the following week?

Do you think any of the players on a 15-0 team would be pissed at their coach for playing them in the suppossed "meaningless" game. I think it's the other way around, starters would be pissed that they are being made to rest and not having the chance to experience the perfect season.

If I'm the coach, I reward my players with the chance to be perfect for the season and NOT BUY into the PARANOI that will always exist and people speculating "but what if Brady gets injured"...Brady could get injured in the 2nd last game but they'll play him in that game...he could get injured having sex with his many girlfriends but can't stop him there either - HA HA.

The only winless team in the NFL and also the only undefeated team in the NFL will beat them. MIAMI DOLPHINS. Now, wouldn't that be Ironic?

:4_12_12:

i think the giants and/or ravens will trip em up

you need a lights out defensive line that can put pressure on brady by itself...and you need a decent offense that can score points, which would make the giants the best candidate...

if the pittsburgh game was in pittsburgh, id say they could do it, but its gonna be tough to beat new england in new england

the real question is how many are they gonna hang on the jets?

70? 80? 90?

They can't set that Jets line high enough for me to NOT take the Patriots in week 15.

I think NYG have the best shot too, but they won't do it. NE is on a mission to erase bad history with good history. They don't want week one to be an asterik on the Lombardi trophy, so they will beat everyone. And beat them bad.

$$$$$$$$$ Cant wait for the Iggles and Jets lines. $$$$$$$$$

I think they do go undefeated, the only two games that would normally present a problem are Miami week 16 and at Buffalo I think they handle both division opponents. The game at buffalo would normally be a problem after a huge road win at indy, but the Pats have the bye this week and should beat the Bills in short order. They will have no problems with any of the home games untill week 16 when they will have clinched home field throughout the playoffs and will likely rest players against a Miami team that will be playing their own personal superbowl. Week 17 against the gmen isn't a game they will be resting players for the whole game as they will definitely have a bye the first week of the playoffs, actually it may be the giants resting players if they keep going at the rate they are now. At Baltimore is no problem, this is not a good team, no offense to speak of and serious issues in the secondary. So again we are back to the Miami game, and I know it sounds kind of silly since they are the worst team in football but that will be the closest of the seven games remaining. That said this is the best football team I have ever seen and they will not be defeated imo.

It really doesnt matter if they go 19-0 and win every game 100-0

There will always be the 'yeah, but...' after the record

and no matter how many games they win by however many points they want to win by, theres NOTHING they can do to get rid of that stigma

It really doesnt matter if they go 19-0 and win every game 100-0

There will always be the 'yeah, but...' after the record

and no matter how many games they win by however many points they want to win by, theres NOTHING they can do to get rid of that stigma

Only if you believe there's a stigma. That's a small minority at this point and will get smaller as the days go by. No one calls the Broncos or Niners cheaters for their salary cap violations during their SB years, which cost them both third rounders.

who cares?

theyre no good cheating bastards

LMAO!

Ooooooo0o0o0o WHEN YOURE ON TOP THE HATERS COME OUUUTTTT!!!

CAUSE WHEN YOURE ON TOP, THE HATERS COME OUT

THE HATERS COME OUT

THE HAAAAAATTEERRRRRSSSS COME OUTTT

Honestly, maybe they cheated in there first game, but the players still made the plays, and they haven't been cheating (or at least caught cheating) the last few games

Do yourself a favor and man up, take the L, and continue on. I'm one of the biggest Pats haters on this board (No, I still haven't taken the L from the Snow/Tuck-Rule game) but they certainly are exciting to watch...we're witnessing history, why be all upset about it?

the colts had the game in the bag til their offense let up and fucked themselves.

Indy also had some nice pass interferences go their way that helped.. so opinions vary.. all we can do is live with the result at hand... Pats won.

IF, yes if if if whatever..., the colts won tonight would we have a discussion if the colts would go undefeated?

of course... what else would there be to talk about??

who've they beaten thats a quality club so far? they won two tough games so far at dallas and at indy.

that actually says alot.. don't you think??

both those games could went the other way imo.

Dallas was getting some lucky breaks with a defensive td and such while NE was pretty much doing what they wanted... they had already put in 3 tds when all the Cowboys had to show was a fg and a defensive fumble return to that point... The Pats had like 200 more total yards in that one.. I think the score could have been worse just as easily..

now with all that said, I agree, it would be difficult as hell to go undefeated... and the odds are against them, but the fact is.. it is possible, and the odds of them doing it are getting better and better with every game they win... and until they get beat, these discussions will go on.

no.
i think they can if they really wanted to do it. but once it gets to the final couple of weeks, the playoffs are too important to risk a significant injury.
i think they'll treat the last 2 games of the season like preseason games in a way...being very careful with their stars.

I don't think so... they way they been putting Brady into the game in the 4th quarter of a blowout set game, they will keep him there til the last game.. if, and only IF they are still undefeated...

hopefully they won't be though... that way the G-Men face them without Brady in the finale.. hehe.

I think that's exactly what they wan to keep hearing so they can keep pouring it on..

:smiley_acbe:

All that motivation stuff and the oh we better not say anything to piss the patriots off stuff is such complete bullshit

what they werent playing their hardest before? now theyve been disrespected by some dumb comment, theyre gonna play better? its ridiculous

I think Bill is taking it personally not to let those old farts from '72 crack open their champagne.

Dats wot me finks.

Back