06: Lost conference championship 38-34
07: Lost SB as 13 pt favorites
08: No playoffs
09: Lost Wild Card game vs Ravens 33-14
10: Lost to Jets and Sanchez in div playoffs 28-21
11: Lost SB 21-17
12: Lost conference Championship 28-13
13: Lost conference championship 26-16

They're one of the best franchises in the NFL. Final 4 with a lot of injuries and a pro bowler on trial for multiple murders. :shake:

They can't close it out but you have to admire the consistency. They move pieces in and out and yet you can still pencil them into the equation every year.

i am more amazed each year that the lineup they field even makes the playoffs, let alone super bowls and championship games. by far the least amount of talent in the entire playoffs to me.

Funny you started this thread. Buddy of mine is from Indy and a die-hard Colts fan and obviously hates the Pats more than anything. He points out to me every year that they have not won a championship since Spygate. He says all of their Super Bowl titles should have an asterisk and the past several years, he has sent me a text with an asterisk when they have lost in the Playoffs.

Personally, I think they are the closest franchise to the Spurs as far as stability, consistency, and being well run. Helps when you have Pop and Belichek as your coaches and have owners and star players that do not have egos or personalities that get in the way.

05: Lost to Den in Div playoffs 27-13
06: Lost conference championship 38-34
07: Lost SB as 13 pt favorites
08: No playoffs
09: Lost Wild Card game vs Ravens 33-14
10: Lost to Jets and Sanchez in div playoffs 28-21
11: Lost SB 21-17
12: Lost conference Championship 28-13
13: Lost conference championship 26-16
I'm sure there are about 31 other franchises that would gladly take that...

not my point..

how come they can't get over the hump this past more than a decade?

not my point..

can't/will not speak for last 10 years, but the answer for yesterday is easy: Pats lost to a better team. No shame in that.

They had a great season and undeniably well managed, coached and QB lead team.

not my point..

The NFL is that competitive I would think is the answer. What's NOT the answer is that "they can't cheat anymore." That argument, or statement, is so ignorant it really doesn't even deserve discussion. I know you're not saying that at all Gyno, but there are people who say it all the time, and it's ridiculous.

Hand pick the years, hand pick the teams... And there's still an argument to be made that NE is the better franchise against your hand picked scenario. Either way their fans know they have a shot to win it every year and that's what it's really about. Hernandez, Gronk, Wilfork, Talib, Mayo, Spikes... Pretty good to make it to the AFC championship.

Please revisit 2007 a little closer if you started this thread BC of "spygate". Then look at this year's roster and see what Hoodie did with it. Best coach in pro sports.

Hand pick the years, hand pick the teams... And there's still an argument to be made that NE is the better franchise against your hand picked scenario. Either way their fans know they have a shot to win it every year and that's what it's really about. Hernandez, Gronk, Wilfork, Talib, Mayo, Spikes... Pretty good to make it to the AFC championship.

No handpicking....I took a statement and examined all the teams that fell into that criteria and I don't think there is any argument that those aforementioned teams wouldn't trade their resume (with Super Bowl titles) with the Pats from 2004-now.

Well for starters...players (and coaches) care about making money, not rings... So once again I'm not even sure what we're talking about.

Second, why do guys like Peyton Manning say Bill Belichick is the best coach in the history of the NFL? Kind of strange since they're not even close to the best team over the last decade.

And the Patriots dominated the years directly in front of the ones we're talking about. Are we pretending that didn't happen?

I am pretending it wasn't in the thread title...

Other things this topic isn't about: shopping carts, blow-up dolls, and the discovery of fire.

Dumb thread. Anybody that says the Patriots aren't an elite franchise isn't worth the response.

The one thing that bothers me is how they are looked at as a "class" organization. What did Brady say the other day after the Sherman thing "We win with dignity"

First, you actually didn't win. Second, no you won with spy cameras and with a murderer on your roster that every other team knew better than to get involved with. But the players dont yell after the game, so yup get on your high horse

The one thing that bothers me is how they are looked at as a "class" organization. What did Brady say the other day after the Sherman thing "We win with dignity"

First, you actually didn't win. Second, no you won with spy cameras and with a murderer on your roster that every other team knew better than to get involved with. But the players dont yell after the game, so yup get on your high horse

They have won A LOT after the spygate thing, so that argument is always a joke....no they haven't won the SB, but is your contention that they only won the SBs with spygate and not all of the other wins? The argument literally makes no sense. They won with a murderer on their roster? Really? Are you implying they knew he was a murderer?

thats a whole different thread, but teams are willing to take chances on druggies, gang bangers, rapists, etc if they think they can help the team win...yet NO team was willing to take a chance on a potential game changing TE?

I think a lot of people knew a lot more about Hernandez than we know, and knew what he was capable of.

I just get tired of them being the epitome of a class franchise just because they have Mr Uggs as their face

There's a greater degree of luck involved in winning a championship than there is in being a consistent contender IMO.

Check out this thread.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...otball_League_consecutive_playoff_appearances
[h=3]Current consecutive 9+ win seasons[edit][/h][TABLE="class: wikitable"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TH="colspan: 15, align: center"]Current consecutive 9+ win seasons[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Seasons[/TH]
[TH]2001[/TH]
[TH]2002[/TH]
[TH]2003[/TH]
[TH]2004[/TH]
[TH]2005[/TH]
[TH]2006[/TH]
[TH]2007[/TH]
[TH]2008[/TH]
[TH]2009[/TH]
[TH]2010[/TH]
[TH]2011[/TH]
[TH]2012[/TH]
[TH]2013[/TH]
[TH]2014[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 15"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]13[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 13"]New England Patriots[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 9"][/TD]
[TD="colspan: 2"]3[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 3"]Cincinnati Bengals[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 9"][/TD]
[TD="colspan: 2"]3[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 3"]San Francisco 49ers[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 10"][/TD]
[TD="colspan: 2"]2[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 2"]Seattle Seahawks[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 2"]Denver Broncos[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 2"]Indianapolis Colts[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 11"][/TD]
[TD="colspan: 2"]1[/TD]
[TD]Kansas City[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]New Orleans[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Carolina[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Arizona[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Philadelphia[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]San Diego[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 15"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Seasons[/TH]
[TH]2001[/TH]
[TH]2002[/TH]
[TH]2003[/TH]
[TH]2004[/TH]
[TH]2005[/TH]
[TH]2006[/TH]
[TH]2007[/TH]
[TH]2008[/TH]
[TH]2009[/TH]
[TH]2010[/TH]
[TH]2011[/TH]
[TH]2012[/TH]
[TH]2013[/TH]
[TH]2014[/TH]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

thats a whole different thread, but teams are willing to take chances on druggies, gang bangers, rapists, etc if they think they can help the team win...yet NO team was willing to take a chance on a potential game changing TE?

I think a lot of people knew a lot more about Hernandez than we know, and knew what he was capable of.

I just get tired of them being the epitome of a class franchise just because they have Mr Uggs as their face

So, they made a mistake on one guy that may have been troubled? Do you know their track record with guys like that? The fact of the matter is, it seems you're like a 12 year old kid who hates Tom Brady...that's what all of this is about.

They ARE the epitome of a class franchise, and a very well run franchise. To say that's not true is just being a hater.

Tom Brady probably had one of his best years this year. The guy is just ridiculous. Take the hater glasses off. Im a giants fan. Pats are one of the top 3 best run teams in football IMO.
And of course I give them an added bonus for having to play in the elements and cold weather

Not at all. Love Brady the player. Just think the org gets too much credit for being "class" and act like theyre above others

i think any team that is consistently winning gets labeled as a class organization. would say that has more to do with it than brady.

We'll see how classy they look once their franchise QB's retire.

Every franchise has warts and every franchise does charity work in their community. There's good and bad in all of them.

We'll see how classy they look once their franchise QB's retire.

Every franchise has warts and every franchise does charity work in their community. There's good and bad in all of them.

NE will still have Kraft, and most likely Hoodie, so they'll be okay I'm guessing. Bob Kraft is one of the more respected owners in all of sports. Oh, and they've won and been pretty good before Brady got there.

There's a greater degree of luck involved in winning a championship than there is in being a consistent contender IMO.

Check out this thread.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...otball_League_consecutive_playoff_appearances
Current consecutive 9+ win seasons[edit]

[TABLE="class: wikitable"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TH="colspan: 15, align: center"]Current consecutive 9+ win seasons[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Seasons[/TH]
[TH]2001[/TH]
[TH]2002[/TH]
[TH]2003[/TH]
[TH]2004[/TH]
[TH]2005[/TH]