Patriots at Jets -- Week Two

Blue_Chip

Money Addict
New England +2.5

:36_11_6:

This lines shows one thing: the oddsmakers know that the betting public views these two NFL teams as being one-man teams. Is that the case? Absolutely not! Favre arrives to NYJ and now there's talk of them winning the AFC East, getting to the Superbowl, :blahblah:. Brady goes down and now the Pats are underdogs, their season is fucked, :blahblah:.

This is the NFL. Coaching is crucial and there is parity everywhere in the league. This league puts some of the best athletes in the world on a field every Sunday (or Monday). So, do not tell me that these two teams boil down to the addition of one man and the loss of another. I see this lines as nothing more than the textbook definition of an overreaction.

I would like to hear some thoughts, as I respect the opinions of CTG on sports more than any other.
:shake:

New England +2.5

:36_11_6:

This lines shows one thing: the oddsmakers know that the betting public views these two NFL teams as being one-man teams. Is that the case? Absolutely not! Favre arrives to NYJ and now there's talk of them winning the AFC East, getting to the Superbowl, :blahblah:. Brady goes down and now the Pats are underdogs, their season is fucked, :blahblah:.

This is the NFL. Coaching is crucial and there is parity everywhere in the league. This league puts some of the best athletes in the world on a field every Sunday (or Monday). So, do not tell me that these two teams boil down to the addition of one man and the loss of another. I see this lines as nothing more than the textbook definition of an overreaction.

I would like to hear some thoughts, as I respect the opinions of CTG on sports more than any other.
:shake:

Wow

Losing Captain Cool is tough, but they still have playmakers at every position. I would expect Maroney to get an increased workload.

Coach vs former coach, all that has gone on with these two teams the last 2 years. I would expect the Jets to be fired up, but 2.5 seriously.

good points.. Surprising line to me.. Jets defense was going to be a problem for NE with or without Brady though.. Take a look at the under also.

Not many people knew Tom Brady would be that good when he filled in for Bledsoe... its the system, not the QB (for the most part of course)... think the Pats will be fine. THey wont be blowing anybody out 57-3, but theyll still win the games they need to

Go with the Jets. They have been pointing to this game for a long time and the chum has been put in the water and the sharks are about to take a bite out of New England.

The Chiefs are a bad football team and had every opportunity to win in Foxborough. Going to New York and playing a rivalry game with no momentum against a very motivated team is not a recipe to take New England.

I agree with SANTA for sure....definitely the system in NE. However, on the flip side Brady was certainly a "diamond in the rough" so to speak; being a 6th rd pick and accomplishing all that he has thus far.

The line on the game looks fair. I see the Jets gettin' the W next week but anything could happen.

There is no question that the playoffs and ultimately the Superbowl asperations of the Patriots are in serious jeopardy. I beleive most of the comentators are bang on when many of them said that.... "the AFC is now wide open".

Although very, very early....I do see the JETS winning the division if Brady is in fact done for the season. Farve is also Farve (boasting his own impressive resume) and I would never count him out. The Bills could even contend for the divison or perhaps a wildcard......it's going to be very interesting.

:cheers:

BlueChip I agree with you but also think if another QB that is mediocre was playing for the Pats all these years, they would not have won a super bowl.I just don't think a guy like David Carr or Alex Smith could have led this team to all those Super Bowls.

Now that line is shocking but I think the Jets were going to be ready for those Pats with a Brady or not. There is some bad blood between these 2 teams. Also the Jets got a QB and some weapons on offense.It will be a good game and yes I do see the Jets winning it and I still saw them winning the game before Brady got hurt.

BlueChip I agree with you but also think if another QB that is mediocre was playing for the Pats all these years, they would not have won a super bowl.I just don't think a guy like David Carr or Alex Smith could have led this team to all those Super Bowls.

That's because Belichick didn't want a Carr or a Smith. Belichick's father was a renowned scout, and Belichick has been analyzing film since he was 9; Belichick knows how to evaluate talent. NE spent most of the offseason reloading their defense and they return their normally good OL (although they sucked in the Superbowl). Maroney is there and Cassell will have Moss, Welker, Watson, and Gaffney to target. Combine the previous two sentences and you have what Santa and I have been preaching -- a good system. Also, this revenge factor goes both ways. Jets want revenge on Pats because Man-gina is a boy scout and got his team's ass kicked last year, and the Pats want to continue beating their ass for what transpired last year.

I will look into a futures bet on the Patriots to win the AFC East. It was over -300 before the season, and I think now with Brady out and the Favre craze setting in, I will get a fat plus money price on them.

That's because Belichick didn't want a Carr or a Smith. Belichick's father was a renowned scout, and Belichick has been analyzing film since he was 9; Belichick knows how to evaluate talent. NE spent most of the offseason reloading their defense and they return their normally good OL (although they sucked in the Superbowl). Maroney is there and Cassell will have Moss, Welker, Watson, and Gaffney to target. Combine the previous two sentences and you have what Santa and I have been preaching -- a good system. Also, this revenge factor goes both ways. Jets want revenge on Pats because Man-gina is a boy scout and got his team's ass kicked last year, and the Pats want to continue beating their ass for what transpired last year.

I will look into a futures bet on the Patriots to win the AFC East. It was over -300 before the season, and I think now with Brady out and the Favre craze setting in, I will get a fat plus money price on them.

GL Bluechip. I still think the Pats are in trouble this year without Brady. They may somehow win the division but thats how weak the AFC East really is.We shall see and goodluck.

chip we will get it done this weekend

you think we're not fired up for this game? these fucks came into our house last year in week one and blew us out of the water, wasnt even close.
and even worse they used the damn spy cameras to do it.

i actually would have been happier if brady could have waited till THIS GAME, to get hurt. because we would have seen some value at jets +6/ML ish.

this is cassels first game and now hes thrown into the mix and all of a sudden hes going to develop chemistry with moss and welker? i dont think so. cassel is a joke- and you can see why---as the pats are looking to bring in CHRIS SIMMS AND TIM RATTAY lmao. they may not throw the football more then 10x a game now.

will beinteresting to see how the line moves.... hopefully idiots will still back NE for god knows why just because they see them as a dog.

Back