Pat Summerall

i always remember being younger and knowing the game was important when madden and summerall were doing the game either for cbs or fox.

he is the staple of those old cowboys/niners cowboys/packers packers/niners games back in the day. those were the days!

he really lost his touch towards the end and it was getting sad, but he was awesome. dude loved the alcohol too.

he and madden were best duo in the nfl announcing history. joe buck is not even close.

Madden/Summerall and Merlin Olsen/Dick Enberg were my favorite NFL announchers from the 80's. They had the NFC and AFC covered respectively. Nobody out there even close to these pairings today.

I remember when he called his last game, somebody in the crowd had a sign that said "Summerall the same, but not you Pat"

Madden/Summerall and Merlin Olsen/Dick Enberg were my favorite NFL announchers from the 80's. They had the NFC and AFC covered respectively. Nobody out there even close to these pairings today.

Being an AFC guy you knew it was a big game on NBC when Enberg/Olsen were calling it. Sadly, the Dolphins died out about the time their run did. :-(

Yeah bro. I was a closet Chargers fan with that sick Air Coryell offense, so even though I loved the Skins, I got psyched for the AFC matchups too.

Still like listening to Enberg do the Padres game but he was a much better football guy than baseball.

RIP Pat. It didnt get any better for me on sundays when it was niners/cowboys with Pat and John.

Side note: Even if your not a Dodger fan you should treat your self to Vin Scully game sometime this year.

Back