#ParoleDamnTide

gps_3

Head of Alabama Department of Decision-Making
Saturday got kicked off with a bang with news of Geno Smith getting his 2nd DUI. He was a front-runner for a starting safety spot, now back of the line if he even gets to stay on the team.

Things got better at practice when Cam Sims, assumed to be one of our top 3 WR, went down with a knee injury, rumored to be an ACL tear.

Then to top it off, Jonathan Taylor gets arrested for domestic violence. Saban and school went out on a limb for this knucklehead, and he pissed it away before he even had a full week of spring practice. I can only assume he is done, and will be spending some quality time behind bars.

Add to all that that the Texas bball coaching job is coming open, making it more difficult for Alabama to hire their top target for HC, and I'm guessing the atmosphere in the athletic complex tomorrow will be fairly tense

Just throw the next five star in there and move on because that is what makes Bama so tough to beat ..... other teams get devastated when they lose talented players but Bama has so much depth it just gets passed on to the next guy.

Taylor officially dismissed. Doesn't hurt us on the field, but what a disaster from a PR perspective. There was no need to take a chance on that guy given our depth on the DL. It would make a little sense for a safety, but even then I don't like taking high risk kids at this point. We have enough talented kids that don't get in trouble.

A little different story with Smith. Safety is our weakest spot on the field by a mile. Not sure if this kid can be trusted to not get in trouble again, so I'd guess that if he is just suspended, he'll be so far down the depth chart that he may elect to go elsewhere

As for Barnes, there may still be some bad blood from when he left Tuscaloosa and told recruits how racist it was. But, I'm sure the level of "success" he had at Texas would be welcome at Alabama. Think all they want is regular tournament appearances and a sweet 16 or two. After that, the school can decide if they want a better coach. But from what is being reported, it is Greg Marshall or bust for now

Wait when was Barnes in Tuscaloosa? Before providence?

He was an asst at some point in the 90's I think. I don't follow Alabama basketball other than what I read on message boards. Oddly enough, I've always been a Louisville basketball fan (born there, dad went to school there)

I think Alabama will throw the kitchen sink at Marshall, it all depends on if Marshall thinks he can get a better job than the Alabama job. Or maybe he really likes Wichita

Depends if his ego can handle being at a football school. Both Texas and Bama.

I think they are going make Marshall an offer or they already have money wise that will be really hard to refuse...Miss State is paying Howland over 2 mill a year

I think they are going make Marshall an offer or they already have money wise that will be really hard to refuse...Miss State is paying Howland over 2 mill a year

Wouldn't surprise me if we're offering north of $3.5 million. Bet we also making promises on facility upgrades. The AD is on a plane to meet with him today, so I'm guessing this is just about wrapped up. Surprising to me, but will likely make me more interested in Bama hoops. Hope there's room on 2 bandwagons for me

Wouldn't surprise me if we're offering north of $3.5 million. Bet we also making promises on facility upgrades. The AD is on a plane to meet with him today, so I'm guessing this is just about wrapped up. Surprising to me, but will likely make me more interested in Bama hoops. Hope there's room on 2 bandwagons for me

I think Bama saw LSU getting number 1 recruit Simmons and decided they needed to do something:tiphat:

No matter what Marshall does now, he'll be in the Triangle as soon as Coach Williams or Rat retires. Celtics coach gets the runner-up.

Wichita will pony up and Marshall won't be going anywhere (-125), but what the hell do i know.

what we do know is the Koch Brothers run Wichita State bball, so your post isn't a stretch by any means. Especially when it comes to Bam bball reaching out.

Backup RB Tyren Jones, already suspended, arrested for possession this morning. If he weren't such a dumbass, he could be starting this season. Safe to say he's gone. Seems like Saban hasn't taken too many character risks the last few years, or let them stay too long, or both. Anyway should solve our over-signing issue

The "victim" in the Jonathan Taylor arrest has now been arrested for lying to police. Interesting turn of events that will no doubt be ignored by the media

The "victim" in the Jonathan Taylor arrest has now been arrested for lying to police. Interesting turn of events that will no doubt be ignored by the media

do you think Bama and Saban acted too quickly? especially if this is true? that was the only reason for dismissal right?...but it seems the uni was deadset on him being guilty when they might not have had all their facts in order

I don't think we should have taken him in the first place because he was always going to be a ticking time bomb. He was on the shortest leash possible, so any misstep was going to be costly for him. There's no way the university or Saban could do anything but immediate dismissal after the charges were filed. The media would have crucified them if they tried to wait until due process was given. As with all domestic violence or rape allegations, it is a guilty until proven innocent mentality, and the media is certainly not interested in the truth in these situations. I can't say that Taylor was innocent, and his past makes it really hard to give him the benefit of the doubt, but that is one cold hearted bitch if she just ruined his last chance

I don't think we should have taken him in the first place because he was always going to be a ticking time bomb. He was on the shortest leash possible, so any misstep was going to be costly for him. There's no way the university or Saban could do anything but immediate dismissal after the charges were filed. The media would have crucified them if they tried to wait until due process was given. As with all domestic violence or rape allegations, it is a guilty until proven innocent mentality, and the media is certainly not interested in the truth in these situations. I can't say that Taylor was innocent, and his past makes it really hard to give him the benefit of the doubt, but that is one cold hearted bitch if she just ruined his last chance

I understand his history and i've read on how much the school has been trying to do for him and they even said he was doing well to a degree, I prefer that there would be due process involved even with a shorter leash...there's no sense in giving second chances if it's half-hearted is the way I see it....like you said, that is complete balls if this comes out that he was actually innocent not that i'm defending him

do you think Bama and Saban acted too quickly? especially if this is true? that was the only reason for dismissal right?...but it seems the uni was deadset on him being guilty when they might not have had all their facts in order

I dont think they had a choice the way domestic violence has played out in the past year in the NFL. Doubt it happens but he should be reinstated with no issues from anyone about him being reinstated. However won't happen. Its sad that someone lied and made something up and now has ruined this kids chance

wrapped up? you must not know gregg marshall. he is very shrewd. even though texas is not showing much interest, he will leverage that job and asu as well (since tennessee already hired barnes) to drag this thing out and get every last dime out of a bama offer. the job opening is not going anywhere so he can only help his case by using texas, asu, and some nba jobs that are about to open up in two weeks, to his advantage.

Appears Marshall and his agent played Alabama pretty good. Bill Battle is a hell of a businessman, not sure he's the best AD. Oh well. If they are willing to pay Marshall $4mm, I'm sure they can throw a good bit less at Archie Miller and get him.

This is getting better. The accuser in the Jonathan Taylor case says the bruises on her neck were self-inflicted and the hole in the wall had been there. He got expelled from the school today. If she's not just recanting because she's scared of losing out on an NFL paycheck, then she is evil

Archie will be at florida next year. Donovan to OKC is pretty much set in stone

If Thunder make playoffs, this can't happen until May at the earliest right? Rumor is that Miller wants an ACC or B1g job, so he may be fine waiting until next year when Indiana might open up. Who knows at this point. I am impresses that Alabama swung for the fences, even though they missed. I guess they figure at worst they can hire Steve Prohm, so might as well make some others tell them no first

Sweet Jesus, starting CB Cyrus Jones arrested for domestic violence. It was a 3rd degree misdemeanor so likely no "violence" but this has been a concerning offseason for us. I guess sometimes bitches be trippin'

No that was Christion Jones.

Reading the police report, Jones broke the girl's phone and threatened her. If he threatened, he deserves anything that he gets. Shit ain't cool

So far as expected.
good call. when you said "set in stone" i was worried because when i hear definitive statements like that too far in advance (and when a coach is already in place) i swear to you 90% of the time it does not happen. this is in the 10% though so i give you credit for calling it

good call. when you said "set in stone" i was worried because when i hear definitive statements like that too far in advance (and when a coach is already in place) i swear to you 90% of the time it does not happen. this is in the 10% though so i give you credit for calling it

:cheers3: All good man. I know what you mean. I know some people that are real high up at Florida. This really had been done over a month ago. However Florida hasn't started the search yet just because they were really trying to keep him the past month. Still am being told Archie is the guy

Back