Paging SilkyDiamonds

JML4481

Pretty much a regular
Any news/feel/play on FSU tomorrow. Lean heavy to their side but would appreciate your thoughts.

well im not the Legend Silky but i can provide some insight.....Our Off will be dalvin cook if he is able to get running room which i fully expect it will open up the passing game.... this will be the fastest and best D houston has faced i believe the team speed on D for FSU will be the difference the fact there playing in a dome only helps...... i see a lot of ppl on houston and i admit i havent watch them much heard a lot about there offense..... but as u saw in the LSU texas tech game u could see the speed and athleticism difference and u will see that tom IMO

Thanks for the notes...pretty much how I see it too.... .I'm kinda worried about them being in a lesser bowl when the past two year they were playing for a Championship....then again maybe Maguire is relaxed with knowing he's the guy and Dalvin shows out since he didn't get a Heisman finalist invite.

Nole4Life nailed it. It'll be lots of Dalvin, an efficient spread out passing game and an otherworldly super fast defense. Houston is gonna get theirs cuz Hermann can coach, but the Nole D is freaky good. Houston just doesn't have anyone that can do anything with Dalvin.

Noticed FSU has fared pretty damn well against mobile quarterbacks, for the most part. They've had to game plan against the likes of Quinton Flowers, Kendall Hinton, Lamar Jackson, Eric Dungey, Deshaun Watson, Jacoby Brissett and Treon Harris; Greg Ward Jr. -- while no doubt talented -- isn't going to be bringing anything they haven't seen already imo.

i dont think you have to be worried about FSU being "up for the game" still can be sold as a big time bowl new year 6 bowl the lead up to the semis and a springboard into next year where FSU should start out a top 5 team........ and yes FSU has faired well vs mobile QB because of the speed and athleticism on the defensive side..... we have been fortunate the last 6 years to have top safeties/corners and getting big time DE and those kind of game breakers are the difference makers.... Ramsey is gonna be all over the field and like silky said Hou will score because there off is so dynamic but should not be unstoppable for FSU

i dont think you have to be worried about FSU being "up for the game" still can be sold as a big time bowl new year 6 bowl the lead up to the semis and a springboard into next year where FSU should start out a top 5 team........ and yes FSU has faired well vs mobile QB because of the speed and athleticism on the defensive side..... we have been fortunate the last 6 years to have top safeties/corners and getting big time DE and those kind of game breakers are the difference makers.... Ramsey is gonna be all over the field and like silky said Hou will score because there off is so dynamic but should not be unstoppable for FSU

Jimbo came out and said that they were happy with the bowl and talked about the tough losses that put them into this bowl and that it's a great consolation to the playoffs.. Cook played through injuries this year and has had a month to heal up as well

"We've had a tremendous season," Fisher said. "This very young football team has grown all year, gotten better and better and better. To get to a New Year's Six bowl is a great honor for these kids. A tremendous accomplishment."

Back