Padres vs. Dodgers Discussion Thread

Two best offensive teams left in the MLB tournament

One actually has a complete pitching staff

Two best offensive teams left in the MLB tournament

One actually has a complete pitching staff

Didn’t love musgrove pulling himself out of game after a pitch, actually I hated it since he was 2 k’s he clearly wasn’t gonna have any problem getting away from cashing his k prop, fucjing sucked! Anyways it hurts pads but they have depth. I don’t even think dodgers should be favs w all their starting pitcher issues. I really hate what mlb has done with the playoffs, blows this is only 5 games.

at 1st I saw Flaherty for game one, that was gonna be large on pads all day but not it looks like they changed it, not as confident vs the Japanese cat.

Musgrove is having Tommy John surgery and is out all of next year. This hurts my Padres futures bet that I made awhile back.

Musgrove is having Tommy John surgery and is out all of next year. This hurts my Padres futures bet that I made awhile back.

If anyone could afford to lose a pitcher out the teams left it probably them. He totally fucked my night up tho, I had all kinds of shit RR into his k prop that he was gonna hit easy! Mfer better be really hurt!

If you don't understand how great the Musgrove news is for the Padres as far as betting you aren't an actual handicapper

This is delicious. He was the weak link and now we get better pricing!

Gonna be a helluva game five. I think it comes down to the pens and favor San Diego pen with the day off.

Pads really fucked up starting Cease on short rest but the flip side to that is I wouldn’t have trusted cease in gm5 anyways, losing musgrove def hurt them. Can darvish keep lad bats off balance again throwing the kitchen sink at them? He did a great job in game 2 mixing things up and while he didn’t get many swings and misses he induced a bunch of weak contact on his breaking pitches, he was masterful changing speeds, believe he threw 6-7 different pitches plus changed speeds on his slider quite a bit!!

Both teams had to use the pens a bunch in gm4 so whichever starter can go deeper outta give that team a edge, think we know Yamamoto has little to no chance of going 5+ seeing how he has only went 5 innings in 1 start since coming off the il, pads got 5 hits, 2 walks, and only one k the 1st game, clearly they can hit this guy!! Darvish pitched a masterful 7 innings, I dunno if he can replicate that or not but I absolutely trust he can go deeper than Yamamoto, assuming pads have a lead when starters lead gotta give them a huge edge. Wrong team favs imo.

Tatis ov 1.5 h,r,rbi -135 (big time player who raises his game in big games!)

Pads/lad ov 8.. these offense are just to good not to play over 8:

Pads +120. Better team, more proven pitcher, better pen, wrong team favs imo,

Really thought bout playing Yu ov14.5 outs, the only issue is they gonna have king ready to go the instant he possibly gets into trouble. If pads could get a few early runs off Yamamoto then this play becomes way stronger imo.

Cease has really struggled vs LAD

No musgrove hurt them,, I didn’t like them starting cesse on 3 days rest but at same time I def would not have been thrilled if they started someone else and then had cease for game 5, don’t think I could have bet pads if cease was pitching tonight so can’t blame them for going about it way they did.

i think yu might suck on 4 days rest
i think hes definitely better the more rest hes had

Yu 4 days rest this season 1-3 SU 6.43 ERA
Yu 5+ days rest this season 12-0 SU 2.23 ERA

3 of those 4 starts are from April/May
the last time he started on 4 days was September 27 at Arizona 5.1 IP 3 earned runs
Padres won 5-3

F5 o4½ -102

Back