Pacquiao Vs. Mayweather I

bjorks

Secretary of Fondy Fanclub
Classic offense versus defense fight. Mayweather should get past JMM, but I'm not sure his defense will stand up versus Manny.

December fight, I'll take Manny ASAP on the ML.

Mayweather has taken too much time off and Manny is at the apex of his career. Should be a helluva fight.

No way Mayweather loses to JMM..just ain't happening because boxing needs this fight.

I think it will live up to the hype.

No its not confirmed, but if Mayweather is really out of retirement, this fight has to happen. The whole world wants to see it.

This is the fight the promoters and boxing organizations will call "the fight that will save boxing".

It's just a matter of a few things.

1) Floyd needs to get by JMM (which he should fairly easily)
2) It needs to be a 50/50 split and hopefully it works itself out. I think it will because the fight needs to happen from an economic perspective.

If Floyd gets past JMM with ease I really hope it opens up with him around -140. The closer you can Manny at even the better it will be.

There's a lot of Floyd lovers, but I'm telling you he's tailor made to lose to a guy like Manny. Styles make fights and if Floyd is going to cover up and run around and try to take pot shots here and there it will not work regardless of how good of a fighter he is.

I can't get out of my head the rerun of Pac Man ending Hatton's career. What a punch. Hatton might fight again but it won't be against anyone worth 2 shits and it'll never be on PPV.

I am a very big Money Mayweather fan, I like Pacman a lot and it would just be an awesome fight to see but looking back at the last 2 guys PacMan has destroyed and comparing their fights with Floyd, Mayweather is going to be in some trouble if this fight happens. Not to mention, Roach is a film junkie and if Mayweather has a weakness, he will find it. On the other side, Roger is too cocky to study Pacman and that could end up being their down fall in the end.

Mayweather will have no problem vs JMM # 143 lbs. That's a two weight class jump for JMM.

Mayweather vs Pac will be epic. Doesn't Mayweather have IRS problems? He's going to need to take this fight even though he probably doesn't want to.

Mayweather says he made $8milly last yr, he should have no financial problems but who knows.

And I agree, JMM stands no chance at all against PBF at 144lbs

I can't get out of my head the rerun of Pac Man ending Hatton's career. What a punch. Hatton might fight again but it won't be against anyone worth 2 shits and it'll never be on PPV.

I am a very big Money Mayweather fan, I like Pacman a lot and it would just be an awesome fight to see but looking back at the last 2 guys PacMan has destroyed and comparing their fights with Floyd, Mayweather is going to be in some trouble if this fight happens. Not to mention, Roach is a film junkie and if Mayweather has a weakness, he will find it. On the other side, Roger is too cocky to study Pacman and that could end up being their down fall in the end.

Another thing going for Roach is this will be his second time going up against Mayweather and this time he might actually have the fighter to get it done. DLH didn't stand a chance, the fight wasn't even close and the judges just did an abysmal job.

However, even with the advantage in the corner, I think Mayweather presents all kinds of problems for Pacman. His defensive style is completely different than anything Pacman has seen and although Pacman has definitely stepped up his abilities in the last couple years under Roach (he's added a TON to his arsenal since his earlier fights), I think Mayweather has the ability to negate a lot of the things he does well. The big question for me, which will be answered on July 18th, is how much does Mayweather still have left in the tank? If he's the least bit rusty or shows any decline in his skills, Pacman may hand him his first defeat, if not I think it's Mayweather by UD.

From reading Roach's comments after the fight, there's gonna be some serious issues in the negotiations for the fight, Roach seems adamant about Mayweather coming down to 147 which I doubt Mayweather will agree to.

That is going to be the Pac Man laying flat on his back after these 2 meet in a few months

Last edited by a moderator:
Back